Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Serious malware infected server

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Serious malware infected server

Unread postby majdid » April 25th, 2009, 5:35 am

Hi,

i need help! we have a windows 2003 SBS, running ISA server. everyday, i mean everyday, i notice a download of about 80MB from hxxp://windowsupdatev8.3322.org/. it is really crazy, we have tried everything, blocking in at the domain level, IP ... no way, absolutely, it keeps running and i am not sure how to remove it as there is absolutely no information about this domain name in the net.

Any idea on the steps i can perform to detect and remove this? it is costing us a lot of $$ extra bandwidth every month, and who knows, the server might be vulnerable to any kind of attacks now...

please advise before it starts getting worse.

thanks very much.
Last edited by NonSuch on April 26th, 2009, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to disable live link.
majdid

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Serious malware infected server

Unread postby NonSuch » April 26th, 2009, 4:58 pm

It appears that you have a serious problem and that your server will very likely require a reformat. Our forums deal only with home computer issues. This computer is a business server and, as such, is connected with all other computers within the domain. As such, it obviously would have been connected to the network while infected, therefore, presenting a risk to all its data and to all other computers connected to that same network as well. This issue should be addressed immediately.

The online anti-malware community primarily serves home users and is therefore not ideally suited to deal with situations such as yours that are best handled by a company's own IT department. All companies have their own set of policies and procedures for handling situations like this as well as, hopefully, system backups. These things are obviously beyond our sphere of knowledge. Therefore, as this server has been identified as infected, you are strongly advised to immediately seek the assistance of your company's IT department so they may implement their own preferred method for handling this situation. If you are responsible for the server and its network yourself, then we suggest that you immediately call in an outside consultant to resolve this issue. This should not be delayed.

As this issue falls outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator