Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Troubles

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Troubles

Unread postby SBdaKiller » January 18th, 2009, 5:21 pm

Hello I have a virus of some nasty sort.

I came here to bump my last post but it looks as though it was never received.

The machine has xp pro.

My system restore points are gone.
My computer will not connect to the internet.
I am writing this on another machine.
The machine shuts down after about 20 minutes.
AVG does not fix the problem.
The my docs folder keeps opening.
I am urged to scan my computer by something called real-av.org.
My desktop background image is flashing "WARNING" in red.

Or I could re-install xp pro . . . . but what if this virus remains with my backed up files ?

I can post a hijack this log, but am not sure how to get it off the machine and onto this one safely.

Thanks for your help . . .

Scott
SBdaKiller

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Troubles

Unread postby Bob4 » January 20th, 2009, 4:14 pm

You will have to post a HJT log in the normal channels. It may still take a little time for us to get to it.
viewforum.php?f=11
DO NOT post it here it will not be handled here.

I can post a hijack this log, but am not sure how to get it off the machine and onto this one safely.

Run HJT on the infected machine. Choose scan and save a log file.
Save the log to your desktop.
You can then transfer it to the machine that works on the internet using a USB stick or you can burn it to CD. Until the infected machine is able to connect to the internet you will have to transfer any tools we use this way. So a floppy will not work with alot of them. ;)

Or I could re-install xp pro . . . . but what if this virus remains with my backed up files ?

You will reinfect the machine again.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!