You may wish to print these instructions out for reference.
Please download the latest version of HiJackThis from the following link:[URL=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis.php]
HijackThis Download Site
[/URL] Once it is downloaded, extract the zip file to c:\hjt
Download Spybot S & D available from here.
Please download Ad-Aware SE Personal from this page.
Install it and check for updates.
- Run Ad-Aware SE Personal.
- If malware is found click Clean System.
- When it's finished close Ad-Aware SE
- You need to run it again to clean anything left behind. click Start in Ad-Aware SE Personal.
- Make sure Perform smart system scan is checked.
- Click Next.
- Let it clean anything it finds.
- Install Spybot S&D, accepting the Default Settings
- In the Menu Bar at the top of the Spybot window you will see 'Mode'. Make certain that 'default mode' has a check mark beside it.
- Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
- Click the button to ‘Search for Updates’ then download and install the Updates.
- Next click the button ‘Check for Problems'
- When Spybot is complete, it will be showing ‘RED’ entries bold 'Black' entries and ‘GREEN’ entries in the window
- Make certain there is a check mark beside all of the RED entries ONLY.
- Choose ‘Fix Selected Problems’ and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.
- REBOOT to complete the scan and clear memory.
Next, run an online antivirus scan using Trend Micros Housecall
- Select all available drives.
- Check(tick) "Auto Clean".
- Click "Scan".
When it's finished post the names (including the complete path) of files that show up as being problematic.
- Now navigate to the c:\hjt folder and run HiJackThis.exe.
- Press the Scan now and save a logfile button
- Close HiJackThis.
- Copy and paste the contents of the notepad it opens as a reply to this post.