Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Trojan: Win32/Alureon.gen!J

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Trojan: Win32/Alureon.gen!J

Unread postby Shaba » January 26th, 2009, 10:50 am

You can try removing it from Device Manager, reboot and tell me if it works now.

Here is how:

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager. Right-click the CD drive and choose Remove.

Reboot.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby briolette » January 26th, 2009, 11:30 am

Shaba, I've tried that several times. The system'll recognize it for a hot minute - one reboot - then it'll just revert back to not loading again. But, Shaba, I apologize, I don't mean to worry you with that. Let us just keep to one worry at a time. What is your recommendation for "final clean-up" vis-a-vis my lost document?
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » January 26th, 2009, 11:38 am

Thanks for info.

You can try this

If no go, I will give you final instructions and redirect to some windows forum :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby briolette » January 26th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Shaba, just wanted to update you and let you know that I'm working feverishly to recover file. I'm having a little trouble, though, figuring out how to operate PC Inspector, so bear with me, please. However, it's a good program, I'm the dummy :|
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » January 26th, 2009, 4:19 pm

This video might help here some.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby briolette » January 26th, 2009, 8:10 pm

LOL Shaba, the video was really cute...zero help, though. At this point, I'm fried, so maybe it was just waaaaay over my head. Having said that, I must confess, I'm having an awful lot of trouble with this program.

Question: Once it searches and finds lost "clusters" - and I have a gazillion of them - do I then just collect and save to file all of those that have a .doc extension, presuming that they're part of my corrupted doc? It seems the program is telling me to just look through them to identify my lost data. How, though? By file extension? I guess my confusion is that the document hasn't disappeared off the radar completely. It's still sitting in my folder, showing 8135 kb, but when I try to open it, a big error message states that it can't be opened, "blah, blah...may be corrupted".
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » January 27th, 2009, 2:09 am

If that document is still there, then that is the reason why it can't be recovered.

Programs you have tried can only recover files which have been deleted or vanished (due to hard drive failure).

So I think that it might be best to redirect you to some windows forum if it is OK with you?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby briolette » January 27th, 2009, 10:53 am

...that's fine, Shaba - as long as I can come back here and still have you assist me with the final clean-up. You've done EVERYTHING possible, at this point, to help me.
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » January 27th, 2009, 11:04 am

Yes of course :)

I recommend this place.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby briolette » January 27th, 2009, 12:29 pm

Thank you, very much, Shaba, until then...
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » January 31st, 2009, 2:22 pm

How's it going briolette?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby briolette » February 1st, 2009, 1:41 pm

LOL Well, Shaba, I've been feverishly trying to get my brain to regurgitate even a tiny portion of my "locked-up, locked-in, never-to-be-seen-again" document - brillance is momentary and fleeting at this stage in my existence :| . Having said that, obviously, I've had no success in retrieving it, as I am still in the process of acquainting myself with PC Pitstop. Fabulous website!! I keep getting offtrack, sidetracked by the wealth of things available there. But, please don't give up on me yet, Shaba...I'm still giving it the good ol' college try and promise to report back with some resolution in a day or two!
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » February 1st, 2009, 1:46 pm

Thank you for update :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby briolette » February 2nd, 2009, 11:41 am

Hey, Shaba. Just wanted to let you know where I am in this process - essentially, nowhere. I've tried a couple of things on my own to retrieve the document, outlined in this post at PC Pitstop:

Hello...I've just spent some time at a site receiving help to remove 2 viruses:

1) Trojan.Win32.Agent

2) not-a-virus:AdWare

Once the 2nd virus was removed, I did a couple of things to tune up my computer: (a) performed an Eusing Registry Clean then (b) a Disk Clean Up. Subsequent to this activity, a 13-page document I'd been working on for weeks would not open. Upon each attempt to do so, it displays this Error Message:

'Works cannot open "C:\Documents and Settings\...The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt."'

Well, "CORRUPT" is my guess. This document is still sitting in my folder displaying 8135 kb. I've tried rolling back the registry prior to using Eusing to no avail. I rolled back Win XP to two previous restore points with no success. I'm afraid that is all that I have in my meager arsenal to try and correct the problem.

If anyone here has a notion how to proceed to try and retrieve this document, I would be immensely grateful.
----------------------
Shaba, before I managed this post, I got all caught up in the new (at least to me), bright and shiny utilites offered over there, and wouldn't you know it, crashed my computer. It froze like the Tundra, and that has never happened to me before. So, I then proceeded to uninstall all the new, bright and shinies, and all seems well...for now. There are still some recommendations for updating a few, important drivers, and I was headed that way until the crash. Now, I'm a scaredy-cat.

So, Shaba, your "problem child" remains, well (sigh), your problem child! No hits yet on my post, however, will be giving up this ghost soon.
briolette

Unread postby Shaba » February 2nd, 2009, 12:43 pm

Sorry to hear that :(

Registry cleaners should not be used because they can cause more harm than good.

That can happen but it is pretty rare.

I hope that you get your problem solved. Unfortunately I can't help you more with that; I'm not specialized to that kind of stuff. One option is to take your computer to shop to see if they can do something with that issue.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext