Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

What are the rules here?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

What are the rules here?

Unread postby kmh0353 » December 27th, 2008, 3:34 pm

It took 13 days for someone to take my case. Because I spent four days (over the christmas holidays I might add) trying unsuccessfully to follow the multi-step instructions, I'm told the topic is closed and I have to start over, waiting another two weeks hoping someone takes pity on me? I don't mean to sound ungrateful for free help, but this makes no sense to me.
kmh0353

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: What are the rules here?

Unread postby NonSuch » December 27th, 2008, 6:22 pm

It is always a good idea when preparing to post at any forum to familiarize yourself with the rules of that forum.

The rules here are that topics that do not receive a response for five days are closed. I'm sure you must understand, given the volume of help requests we receive, that helpers cannot be tied up, not knowing if someone is returning or not. You did not respond for five days, therefore your topic was closed. This is clearly stated in the guideline at the top of the Malware Removal forum:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32084

NOTE:Topics which have not received a response from the original poster for a period of five days will be closed and archived. Those topics will not be reopened. If you know that for some reason you will be unable to respond to your topic for several days, you must notify your helper or you may return to find your topic has been closed and that you will need to start over with a new topic and a new helper.

A simple post, indicating you were having difficulty following the instructions, and explaining the nature of your difficulties, would have sufficed to keep the topic open.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby kmh0353 » December 28th, 2008, 1:22 am

Fair enough. I do appreciate the insight and the time you took to post it. Hopefully it helped someone else from making my mistake.
kmh0353

Unread postby NonSuch » December 28th, 2008, 5:04 am

If you still require help, and you would like Katana to continue on helping you, please open a new topic and post the logs from the requested scans along with a new HijackThis log. You may also send a PM to Katana, requesting that he continue on with assisting you. If he is able to take on your topic at this time, he will do so. Also, provide a link to your closed topic for the sake of continuity.