Update Adobe Acrobat Reader
There is a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader available.
- Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link
- On the right Untick Adobe Phototshop Album Starter Edition if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
- Click the Continue button
- Click Run, and click Run again
- Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts
When the installation is complete go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all previous versions.
If you don't like Adobe Reader, you can try Foxit PDF Reader. It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.
- Download the latest version of http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp.
- Scroll down to where it says Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 11.
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.
- Note: If you don't want the Google toolbar, make sure you uncheck the option included in the installer!
There are no signs of malware in your logs. I suspect that the partial uninstall of McAfee followed by System Restore is to blame for the problems that you are having.
Let's try completely uninstalling McAfee Security Center then re-installing it.
Before you uninstall McAfee, please do the following:
- Open McAfee Security Center and copy your installation Key and Registration information so that you can activate the program after you reinstall it.
- Make sure you have the installation CD/DVD handy.
- If you do not have the installation CD because you had downloaded the package, make sure you still have that installation package available. If you do not, then you will need to download it from the original source (McAfee, AOL, or Dell, etc.)
After you are certain you have the installer package and registration/activation information available then you can Download and Run the McAfee Removal Tool.
Download and save McAfee Removal Tool to your desktop.
Run it to remove McAfee. After this, please restart your computer.
Re-install McAfee, then activate and update the program and virus definitions.
Let me know if that resolves the problems you have been having.