Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Anti Virus for Vista

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Anti Virus for Vista

Unread postby walshie » November 6th, 2008, 3:54 pm

Hi,
I could use some advice please?
I have just got a laptop for my daughter which is running Vista.
I'd like your thoughts on whether it is ok to trust the windows anti virus or whether you'd recommend ditching it and loading AVG instead? ( or another preferably free product?)

Thanks again for your help.
Thanks
W
walshie

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Anti Virus for Vista

Unread postby NonSuch » November 7th, 2008, 6:32 pm

First, there is no version of Windows, including Vista, that comes with its own built-in antivirus. Vista does have its own built-in firewall. Vista also includes an anti-spyware product, Windows Defender. Neither the firewall nor Windows Defender have antivirus components.

Most new computers come with a 60 or 90 day trial version of an antivirus. However, once the trial period has expired, one must either purchase a subscription to the antivirus product, or obtain a new antivirus product.

If you prefer a free antivirus, then AVG, avast! or AntiVir have free-for-personal-use versions available, all of which are suitable for Vista.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anti Virus for Vista

Unread postby NonSuch » November 14th, 2008, 11:35 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator