Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need help- Connections to malicious addresses

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Need help- Connections to malicious addresses

Unread postby Carolyn » October 20th, 2008, 3:57 pm

roger87 wrote:Sorry, That file is definitely safe and NOT malware. My company has created a new IE toolbar application that uses that file. There is definitely nothing wrong with it and it is virus/malware free. I've been searching each log file and removing the entry for ChorusToolbar.dll before I post to you to avoid any confusion. I must've missed that in my last post. Would you still like me to take the remaining steps starting with CFScript? Thanks.

Your computer is infected but, unfortunately, as this is a company/business computer, I am unable to help. There will be various settings, restrictions, and domain policies on the computer that I would not be aware of and these may mean that many of the tools I would need to use to clean the computer will not work. Even if the tools did work, they are likely to affect the settings of the computer which may result in it either not working properly or not at all.

I suggest you contact your company's IT support desk without delay.

I suspect that the malware you are dealing with is part of a botnet. Here are a couple of links to provide you with additional information about this type of infection.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci1030284,00.html
http://www.tech-faq.com/botnet.shtml
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby roger87 » October 20th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Carolyn, I'm actually self-employed and can make any changes to this computer I want (there are no restrictions whatsoever). It's used for personal and business activities (and I do not have any IT support). Is there anything else you can recommend to help troubleshoot?
roger87

Unread postby Carolyn » October 20th, 2008, 4:31 pm

I'm sorry that I can not be of more help to you.

Malware Removal Forum's policy on business computers:

In General, we do not help in cleaning business or corporate computers. There may be restrictions and modifications installed on such machines that could be damaged or altered by the actions we take to remove Malware. There may also be legal issues regarding any loss of business data that we do not wish to deal with.
If you ask for help and, unknown to us, it involves a business computer, you need to understand that any damages resulting from our advice are YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

The full text of the forum's rules can be found HERE.

Due to the nature of the infection on this machine, and since it is being used for business purposes, the only safe recommendation we can make is that you re-format the hard drive and re-install the operating system. This should be performed by whichever professional support you employ.

Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
Carolyn
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » October 20th, 2008, 5:55 pm