Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Fakealert Virus - have I removed all traces?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Fakealert Virus - have I removed all traces?

Unread postby humble22 » October 6th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank you for your help. It is much appreciated. It is good to know that there are some "good guys" out there!

I have read through your final recommendations and have followed them where I can. I still have a problem with the new version of Java. I have checked via the link you provided and this confirms that Java is NOT working on my PC. I have reinstalled it and still no success. This means that I can not presently follow your recomendations concerning Secunia Software Inspector as this requires a Java applet. I have checked all of my settings in Internet explorer and Java and all of the right boxes seem to be checked so I do not see why this is not working. Do you have any suggestions or is this now outwith your arena? I had a similar problem a few weeks ago (also still unresolved) concerning a new Canon printer/scanner. I installed the required drivers and software from the supplied disc and connected the printer/scanner to the pc. The pc recognises that the printer is connected and that the software is installed but seems unable to link the two facts and thus the printer does not work!

Thanks again
Ian
humble22

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » October 7th, 2008, 2:47 am

Hello Ian !

humble22 wrote:Firstly I would like to thank you for your help. It is much appreciated. It is good to know that there are some "good guys" out there!

I was glad to help you. You did all the hard work i just gave you few instructions.

humble22 wrote:Do you have any suggestions or is this now outwith your arena?

It does outwith my arena little bit. Lets try this first if this doesn't work I will refer you to a PC troubleshooting forum. They specialize in handling problems like this so you are certain to get expert assistance and a speedy resolution is very likely.

Remove programs

• Click Start
  • Go to Control Panel
  • Go to Add/Remove Programs
  • Find and click Remove for the following (if present):

Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 7

Update Java Runtime and Run JavaRa

Download Java Runtime
  • Go to HERE to download Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 7
  • Click on the link named Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7
  • Click on the radio button to Accept License Agreement
  • Click on Windows Offline Installation Multi-language and save the downloaded file to your desktop

Run JavaRa
  • Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop.
  • Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose English and click on Select.
  • JavaRa will open; click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.
  • A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location.

Install Java
  • Install the new version of Java by running the newly-downloaded file (jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe) with the java icon which will be at your desktop, and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Reboot your computer

Please go to this site to check if your Java is working correctly.
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby humble22 » October 7th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Hi

I have tried following your instructions but with no success. I can download and install Java (using JavaRa to remove any last traces of older versions) but it still does not work. I have checked all of the suggested reasons for non-operation that appear on the Java test page but all of my settings appear to be correct. Perhaps it's time for that PC troubleshooting forum......

Thanks again
Ian
humble22

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » October 8th, 2008, 8:19 am

Hello!

Here is the PC troubleshooting forums address: Browsers, Internet & email forum at WhatTheTech.

I'm sorry that I could not be of more help to you, and I wish you the best of luck with solving your computer problems. If you have any questions or require any other assistance please let me know.
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » October 12th, 2008, 4:32 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous