Thank you for letting me know. Did you try while you had your Anti Virus program on? That may /can interfere with online scanners. Also, are you using the AVG 8 that includes the Firewall?
The issue with more bars is okay, just showing that it's taking time to load.
For now, Uninstall, as shown below.
Your Adobe Acrobat 6 versions are likely hanging up the computer, as old uninstallers will/may do. Uninstall it first, as follows, then reboot PC.
Go to Start-->> Control Panel-->> Add/Remove Programs:
- Remove Adobe Reader 6.0.2 and 6.0.1
**Please follow above procedure for all Adobe versions before updates are applied.
Then please do ALL the updates at Adobe site listed in my previous post.**
Let's run the following to see what may be causing any other problems or slowdowns.
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware through Start-->> Programs
- Select Update Tab
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply.
- If it needs to do a delete on reboot, please do so.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
New HijackThis last - how your PC is running
(May need 2 posts or 3, depending on the logs sizes)