Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

My log file

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: My log file

Unread postby Elrond » June 13th, 2008, 4:54 am

One question: Do you have a Lexmark scanner?
Still nothing that I can see.
I will ask around a bit.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Elrond » June 13th, 2008, 6:03 am

There seems to be a not unusual occurence that Google gives False Positive messages like that. Some of our experts have had the same problem at times.

I believe that we have to say that your two systems seem to be clean. now for some housekeeping again.

================================================================================

Fist we need to get rid of some of the tools that you have installed during the analyzes:

1. Go to Start > Run - type in ComboFix /u & click OK

2. Please download OTCleanIt from http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/ol ... leanIt.exe
    Click the OTCleanIt icon and then click the CleanUp button.
    If you get any pop ups asking if it is OK let the program proceed. At the end the program will ask to let it reboot the computer. Let it do so.
    Let me know if there were any problems with OT CleanIt

3. Next find the Icesword folder and delete it. It is not a useful tool for the average user. you need quite some expertise to use it safely.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your computer now seems to be clean. Therefore please

1. Clean out Temporary Files etc.
    This program is for Vista, XP and Windows 2000 only
    Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
    1. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    2. Under Main choose: Select All. Then remove the check mark for cookies
    3. Click the Empty Selected button.
    If you use Firefox browser
    • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.
    • Remove the check mark for Cookies
    • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt if asked .
    If you use Opera browser
    • Click Opera at the top and
    • choose: Select All.
    • Remove the check mark for Cookies
    • Click the Empty Selected button.
    It is a good idea to do this every few weeks as a lot of junk collects there over time.

2. Set correct settings for files that should be hidden in Windows XP
    • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
    • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
    • If unchecked please checkHide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
    • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
    • Click OK

3. Download and install the free version of WinPatrol. This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software. Have a look at this tutorial to help you get started with the program. If you want to help the developer of the program and get more information about what the programs that you see in Winpatrol please check out Winpatrol Plus. It does not need a new download.

4. If you are using Internet Explorer v. 7 please read and follow the recommendations at this site. http://surfthenetsafely.com/ieseczone8.htm

5. Use an Anti Virus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future.

6. Update your Anti Virus Software - It is imperative that you update your Anti virus software at least a few times a week (Once a day is a good idea). If you do not update your anti virus software it will not be able to catch new variants that come out.

7. Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. Windows Firewall is not recommended.
    Be restrictive with granting access to the Internet. If you are unsure if the program really needs the access, test it by denying the access and see if this has any negative effects. If not, make the block permanent.

8. Never run two Antivirus programs or two Firewalls at the same time. They can interfere with each other and cause problems.

9. Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently or better yet set computer for automatic updates.

10. Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

11. Read and follow the suggestions given at this web site by Miekiemoes http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miek ... ntion.html that will give you more information on some of the points above.

12. Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Sorry that I could not give you a more exact reason for your problem but I am happy to see that you don not seem to have picked up any Malware. I hope it stays that way and that you will not need our services at any time.

E :)
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby donpatent » June 13th, 2008, 9:54 am

I do have a Lexmark printer-scanner X75 Model.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions - appreciate it greatly.
donpatent

Unread postby Elrond » June 13th, 2008, 10:47 am

I hoped that it was the case. Then we are done.

:cheers:
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Elrond » June 13th, 2008, 10:48 am