and welcome back to the Malware Removal
My name is John Brouwer
- if it helps, you can call me John
for short. I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
The infection you have acts like it is a good Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware program, but actually the more you follow its advice by running scans and maybe even donating the more you will get infected. These programs are called Rogue Anti-Spyware or Anti-Virus programs. Here is a list with dangerous ones (for prevention in the future):http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
You must really remember while we are cleaning your computer that you should NOT click on any of the pop ups or programs displayed and just close them and ignore their advice.
to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
use the Analyse This
button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.Don't
have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
HijackThis logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need
your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happens.
These rules are good for you to know:
- I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
- It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
- If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
- If you don't reply within five days after my last instructions this topic will be closed. If you will not be able to reply within five days please tell me so the topic will not be closed.
These rules are to make my voluntary
work more comfortable:
- Please be patient. The work I do is voluntary and I also have a private life (school, work, friends and hobbies).
- Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Also, don't post logs as attachments. Other helpers like to view the logs as well and opening a lot of attachments is irritating. It can also contain malware.
Finally, please make a uninstall list using HijackThis
To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:
- Start HijackThis
- Click on the Config button
- Click on the Misc Tools button
- Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
- Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Save the file to your desktop and post the contents in a reply to this topic.