Let's check your IE settings and see if we can get an online scan going.
- From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click on the Security tab
- Click the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click on Default Level and click Ok
- Click on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
- Check that Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting is set to Enabled or Prompt
- Check that Run ActiveX controls and plugins is Enabled
- Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
- Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
- Check that Active Scripting is set to Enabled
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
- Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
Open a new IE window and try to run the online scan.Note:
Don't forget to make a note of the standard settings, and ensure the you resets after the scan.
Check the instruction and try again for the scan 1 - Kaspersky Online Scan
With the exception of Internet Explorer, which must be used for this scan, keep ALL programs closed
Please do an online scan with >Kaspersky Online Scanner<
. You will be prompted to install an ActiveX
component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
. Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the licence accepted, reset to 100%.
- The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
- Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
o Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
+ Extended (If available otherwise Standard)
o Scan Options:
+ Scan Archives
+ Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Please do not use your computer while the scan is running. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Click the Save Report As... button (see red arrow below)
- In the Save as... prompt, select Desktop
- In the File name box, name the file KasScan-ddmmyy (or similar)
- In the Save as type prompt, select Text file (see below)
- Copy and paste the report in your next post.
: It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and to speed up scan time. Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
Once scan is finished remember to re-enable resident antivirus protection along with whatever antispyware application you use.
If you still have no luck in getting a kaspersky scan run
Run Panda's ActiveScan
and perform a full system scan.
- Once you are on the Panda site click the "Scan your PC
- A new window will open...click the big "Check Now
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address
and click send
- Select either Home User
- Click the big Scan Now
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It will take a couple minutes)
- Click on "Local Disks
" to start the scan
- Save the log file to your desktop
pease post scan report and a fresh HJT log