Hello and welcome to the forums
My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.
Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask!
Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)
If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly
I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy
and sometimes a post manages to slip by us.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.
Unless informed of in advance, failure to post replies within 5 days will result in this thread being closed.
to download HJTinstall.exe
- Save HJTinstall.exe to your desktop.
- Double click on the HJTinstall.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\\Program Files\\Trend Micro\\Hijack This.
- Click I accept
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
- Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Please could you give me a list of the programs that are installed.
- Start HijackThis
- Click on the Config button
- Click on the Misc Tools button
- Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
You will see a list with the programs installed in your computer.
Click on save list
button and specify where you would like to save this file.
When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file.
Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad into your next post.