Congratulations, you appear to be malware free.
First we need to flush your System Restore points after ridding yourself of malware:
- Click Start | Help and Support | Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.
- Click Create A Restore Point then click Next. Give it a name it and then click Create, then Close.
- Close the Help and Support Center box.
- Click Start | Run and type Cleanmgr
- Select (C: ) then click OK.
- Click the More Options tab.
- Click Clean Up in the System Restore Section.
This will remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Re hide your system files To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Double-click My Computer.
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Put a check by "Hide file extensions for known file types."
- Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Do not show hidden files and folders."
- Check "Hide protected operating system files."
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
Here are two free programs I recommend.
Spybot Search and Destroy
Download it from here . Just choose a mirror and off you go.
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spybot properly here
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here
Make sure your Windows is ALWAYS up to date!
An unpatched Windows is vulnerable and even with the "best" Antivirus and Firewall installed, malware will find its way through.
So visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to download and install the latest updates.
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.