Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Rogue anti-spyware & IE Google/search diversion problems

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Rogue anti-spyware & IE Google/search diversion problems

Unread postby heydaze » December 19th, 2007, 12:21 pm

I have several issues, but I'm fairly certain I have rogue anti-spyware.
Also,clicking on some search engine results (mostly Google) does not take me to the expected site. I've seen various things happen to the url. Sometimes url shows as sexonline or maybe sexxonline, and I'm sent to a page of advertising type search results. I've been taken to "online search systems" by 3FN marketing (url showed tipablog.com), "WebWorld Search" by AximFind.com (url superpremium.us), and "3 KAIMANA powerful search engine" (url 3fn.net) among others. Looking at Google search results, if I hover the mouse over a result and see this Z_: clicking the link will divert me to one of the spurious search pages. The Z_: seems randomized over the search result list, and changes periodically.

I get pop-ups claiming urgent necessity to dowload anti-virus/spyware program. I've seen different names in the pop-up window masquerading as a windows box: "Online Guard", "Spywareremoval", LocusSoftware Incorporation", "Advanced Cleaner", "Antivirus PCSuite to scan PC for malware", "install 2319.cab from 'Dellcore Services Corp'" "www.spy-shredder.com".

Internet Explorer is affected, but Firefox seems okay.

I have Norton firewall and anti-virus, but the subscription for updates has expired. I do run Spybot search and destroy, and Ad-Aware on a regular basis. I have used the online scan from Symantec, and it found nothing. I downloaded Windows defender from Microsoft and it found nothing. I ran the online scan from McAffe and it found nothing.

However, I did run Kaspersky Online Scanner, and got the following results.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 9:14:49 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 19/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 486961

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\
J:\
K:\
L:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 370990
Number of viruses found: 5
Number of infected objects: 9
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 05:20:48

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support\MPLog-12172007-144537.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-12-18_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Confdntl.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Content.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Privacy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Restrict.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Spam.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\WebHist.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\cert8.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\formhistory.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\history.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\key3.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\parent.lock Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Acr552A.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\~ROMFN_00000ED4 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsys.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\4BAC45C4.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\53985F38.class Infected: Trojan-Dropper.Java.Small.c skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\73092BC6 Infected: Sniffer.Win32.WpePro.a skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\730D55C2 Infected: Sniffer.Win32.WpePro.a skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\nisum.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1326\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Middleman\01 Track 1.wma Infected: Trojan-Downloader.WMA.Wimad.k skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Music RARs\Middleman.rar/Middleman/01 Track 1.wma Infected: Trojan-Downloader.WMA.Wimad.k skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Music RARs\Middleman.rar RAR: infected - 1 skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Utilities\irc\mirc612.exe/data0001.bin Infected: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.612 skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Utilities\irc\mirc612.exe mIRC: infected - 1 skipped
F:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1326\change.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

This does not look good to me. I'm sorry I am not more computer literate. I will need a good bit of help.
A couple of other things: Windows firewall was turned off and would not allow me to turn it back on. The message implied that it was controlled by the "group". I'm not on any network. My son & I managed to fix this issue & get the firewall back on. I thought it might be a good idea to renew my ip address, but that process could not be completed.

Please help.
heydaze

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Rogue anti-spyware & IE Google/search diversion problems

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 23rd, 2007, 5:17 am

Hi heydaze. :)

Welcome to Malware Removal.

1. Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here. Do Not run it directly via a browser. Save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on hijackthis_sfx1991.exe to run it.
  3. Click on the Unzip button. It will install HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
  4. Double click on HijackThis.exe to run it.
  5. Select Do a system scan and save a logfile. Please post back this log in your next reply.

Do not fix anything you see as not all entries are harmful and are needed for the normal functioning of Windows.

In addition, please also do the following:

1. Please download and install CCleaner Slim.
  2. Once installed, double click on the desktop shortcut created.
  3. On the leftmost column, click on Tools.
  4. On the middle column, click on Uninstall.
  5. At the bottom right hand corner, click on the Save to text file... button.
  6. By default, it saves this file to C:\Program Files\CCleaner named install.txt. You may want to save it to your desktop to find it easily. Click Save.
  7. Close CCleaner.

In your next reply, please post:

1. The HijackThis log
  2. CCleaner install.txt
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 23rd, 2007, 7:16 pm

Thank you so much for helping. I have now run hijack this scan and and CCleaner for the information you requested.

I should let you know that since my first post a few days ago, I downloaded and ran two things. The first, smitfraud fix, by recommendation of husband's friend, didn't seem to do anything. TrojanHunter free version: first scan found a couple of things which I let the program clean. Initially, I thought this may have fixed the problem, but upon restart, the problems were back. Let me know if you want a log from TrojanHunter. At some point, I noticed that "System Restore" was turned off. I turned it back on (I think before reboot after running TrojanHunter). Should "System Restore" be turned on or off?

Thank you for your easy to follow instructions.

Hijack This Log from December 23:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:49:47 PM, on 12/23/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11\intel_a\code\bin\CATSysDemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
c:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb08.exe
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\GE\97769 Dual Scroll Optical Mouse\Amoumain.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 5.0\THGuard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.refdesk.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:81
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local;localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - F:\DAISYM~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDEA2C12-A476-A13C-2B4C-A3BD546315C2} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\D_4362.dll
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb08.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WheelMouse] Amoumain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11b] C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Graphics 12\Languages\EN\Programs\Registration.exe /title="CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12" /date=123007 serial=dr12wex-1403263-zma lang=EN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 5.0\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ProxyWay] F:\Program Files\ProxyWay\proxyway.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Mindscape\PrintMaster\PMREMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - http://support.charter.com/sdccommon/do ... gctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {200B3EE9-7242-4EFD-B1E4-D97EE825BA53} (VerifyGMN Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/in ... er_gmn.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/ ... 0_0_42.cab
O16 - DPF: {48884C41-EFAC-433D-958A-9FADAC41408E} (EGamesPlugin Class) - https://www.e-games.com.my/com/EGamesPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A769165-055C-4566-ABBB-3EA82DD4F8AE} (IVSLite.FastViewer) - http://ipinviewer.lunarpages.com/bin/IVSLite.CAB
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 1448280515
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} (Groove Control) - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX27.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8739816-022C-11D6-A85D-00C04F9AEAFB} (Web Camera Server Control) - http://66.250.123.194/wg_webeye.cab
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/S ... anager.ocx
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E13F1132-4CA0-4005-84D3-51406E27D269} (BTDownloadCtrl Control) - http://www.bravetree.com/downloader/BTDownloadCtrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsup ... veData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E7DBFB6C-113A-47CF-B278-F5C6AF4DE1BD} - http://download.abacast.com/download/fi ... tup144.cab
O16 - DPF: {FE5B9F54-7764-4C01-89F0-4862601EE954} (DigWebHelper Class) - http://photos.msn.com/resources/neutral ... 10,0,910,0
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OPXPGina - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Backbone Service (BBDemon) - Dassault Systemes - C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11\intel_a\code\bin\CATSysDemon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service (ccPxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: VNC Server (winvnc) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe" -service (file missing)

Now, here's the requested log from CCleaner:

3D Groove Playback Engine
Abacast Client
ABViewer 4
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Acrobat 5.0
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe Shockwave Player
AFPL Ghostscript 8.51
AFPL Ghostscript Fonts
Ahead Nero - Burning Rom
American Greetings® Art & More Store
Any DWG to Image Converter 2005.5
Any DWG to Image Converter Pro 2005.1
AOL Instant Messenger
Apple Software Update
ArcSoft Picture Software
Arthur's Birthday
Arthur's Reading - Disk 2
Audacity 1.2.1
Audio Conversion Wizard 1.68.1
AutoCAD 2000
AutoCAD 2000 Migration Assistance
Autodesk DWF Viewer
Battlefield 1942
BitTornado 0.3.7
Blue's 123 Time Activities
Caillou(R) Party Fun & Games(TM)
Candy Land
Casper Activity Center
CC_ccStart
ccCommon
CCleaner (remove only)
Chex® Quest
Chutes and Ladders
Civilization III Complete Edition
Civilization III v1.29f
Clifford Thinking Adventures
Cloak Collection 1.4
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12
Crossfire GTK Client (remove only)
DAEMON Tools
Dassault Systemes Software B11
dBpowerAMP Music Converter
dBpowerAMP Ogg Vorbis Codec
dBpowerAMP WMA V9.1 Codec
DesertCombat 0.7
Dwg2Img
Finale NotePad 2007
FLAC Installer 1.1.2a (remove only)
Folding@Home
Fraps (remove only)
Free Registry Defrag
Frogger v3.0e
GameSpy Arcade
GE 97769 Dual Scroll Optical Mouse
GIANTS Ultimate DATA FILES
GIANTS Ultimate esm file by Puma Man
GIANTS v 2.7 Tribunal ONLY esm file by Puma Man
GmPP v1.0
GTA San Andreas
GTK+ 2.4.10-20041001 runtime environment
Guitar Pro 5.0
Haali Media Splitter
Half-Life(R) 2
Harry Potter
HijackThis 1.99.1
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
HP Deskjet printer preloaded drivers
HP Digital Imaging Album Printing 1.0
HP Instant Support
HP Memories Disc
HP Photo and Imaging 1.2 - Photosmart Cameras
HP Photosmart printers preloaded drivers
HpSdpAppCoreApp
HyperLoad
I Love Science!
IMS Web Dwarf V2
Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Driver
IntelliMover Data Transfer Demo
InterActual Player
InterVideo WinDVD Player
IPIN Viewing System Professional
iSqFt Full Viewer V4.01
iSqft Toolbox
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 8
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Jimmy Neutron vs. Jimmy Negatron DEMO
JumpStart PreSchool v1.4
Kaspersky Online Scanner
Kazaa Lite K++ v2.4.3
KBD
Kindergarten v1.0
K'NEX
KODAK Picture CD Volume 4 Issue 1
KPT(R) Collection
Last Exile Screen Saver (1024x768)
Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American English TTS Engine
LilyPond
LimeWire 4.12.6
LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)
LiveSynth Pro SE (DXi)
LiveUpdate 3.0 (Symantec Corporation)
Logitech MouseWare 9.79
LucasArts' Star Wars Rebellion
LucasArts' TIE Fighter
Madeline Thinking Games Deluxe
Matroska Pack
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 9.0.0
Meter View
Microsoft .NET Framework (English)
Microsoft .NET Framework (English) v1.0.3705
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB928367)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Patch
Microsoft Halo
Microsoft Halo Trial
Microsoft Midtown Madness
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft Reader
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52
Microsoft Word Viewer 97
Midtown Madness 2 Vehicle Editor
Mojo Jojo's Pet Project
Morrowind
Mozilla (1.7.1)
Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7)
MS Access 97 SP2
MSRedist
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK
MSXML4 Parser
My Disney Kitchen
Norton AntiVirus 2004
Norton AntiVirus 2004 (Symantec Corporation)
Norton AntiVirus Parent MSI
Norton AntiVirus SYMLT MSI
Norton Personal Firewall
Norton WMI Update
NVIDIA Display Driver
NVIDIA Drivers
Oblivion
OLYMPUS CAMEDIA Master 2.5
OmniPass
OneTouch Version 3.0
On-Screen Takeoff 2.7
OpenMG AAC Add-On Module
OpenMG AAC Add-on Module 1.0.00
OpenMG Limited Patch 4.5-06-05-12-01
OpenMG Secure Module
OpenMG Secure Module 4.5.01
OpenOffice.org 1.1.1
Operation
Paint.NET v2.1b
PartitionMagic
PC-Doctor for Windows
PowerQuest PartitionMagic 8.0
PrintMaster 7.00
ProxyWay
PS2
Python 2.2 combined Win32 extensions
Python 2.2.1
Quicken 2003 New User Edition
QuickTime
Ragnarok Online
Ragnarok Sakray
ReaConverter 4.0 Pro
Reader Rabbit Playtime for Baby
Reader Rabbit's(R) Math Ages 6 - 9
RealPlayer
Realtek AC'97 Audio
RecordNow
RingMaster from Hewlett-Packard Desktops (remove only)
Robot Arena 2
Roll
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
S3Display
S3Gamma2
S3Info2
S3Overlay
Scholastic's I SPY
SecondLife (remove only)
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Sentinel System Driver
Serif DrawPlus 3.0
SETI@home
Shockwave
ShowBiz DVD
SimCity 3000
SimCity 3000 Unlimited
SimCopter
Simple Backup for My Pictures
Simple Installer - Multilanguage Version
SmartFTP
Soldat 1.2
Sonic Update Manager
SonicStage 4.0
Space Rocks from Hewlett-Packard Desktops (remove only)
SpamSubtract
SpeechRedist
SpongeBob SquarePants - Battle for Bikini Bottom DEMO
Star Trek Armada II DEMO
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
Starcraft
StarCraft X-tra Editor
StarCraft X-tra Editor Version 2.5
Starship Creator Warp2
Starsiege TRIBES 1.8
Steam(TM)
Streets of SimCity
Symantec Network Drivers Update
Symantec Script Blocking Installer
SymNet
TES Construction Set
The GIMP 2.0.1
The Jazz Midi Sequencer
The Sims Deluxe Edition
The Wilderness Mod v. 2.1 by Puma Man
TI Connect 1.6
toolkit
TrojanHunter 5.0
TurboCAD Designer v12
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Updates from HP
VBA (3821b)
VectorWorks 11.5.0
VideoLAN VLC media player 0.8.4a
Viewpoint Media Player
Virtools 3D Life Player
Warcraft III
WebFldrs XP
Weblink
WinAce Archiver
Winamp (remove only)
Windows Defender
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474)
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Service Pack 2
WinRAR archiver
WordPerfect Productivity Pack
XiLeRO
XileRO 1.4
XviD MPEG-4 Video Codec
heydaze

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 23rd, 2007, 9:35 pm

Hi,

Quite a few P2P Programs (namely BitTornado 0.3.7, Kazaa Lite K++ v2.4.3 and LimeWire 4.12.6) are installed on your computer. While BitTornado and Limewire are clean P2P programs, Kazaa Lite K++ isn't. There's also no guarantee that the files downloaded are. Please refrain from using them while cleaning your computer to prevent getting more infections.

A list of clean and infected P2P programs can be found at Malware Removal and Spyware Info.

The risks of using a P2P program are stated in this Sourceforge website and Information Week article.

Please also read Malware Removal's Guide on P2P Programs.

Kazaa Lite K++ will need to be uninstalled, it's not an optional. The rest of the P2P Programs can remain your computer, however, please do not use them while we are cleaning the computer.

System restore should also be turned on. Unless told to, System Restore must never be turned off.

Step 1

1. Click on Start > Control Panel and double click on Add/Remove Programs..
  2. Locate Kazaa Lite K++ v2.4.3 and click on the Change/Remove button to uninstall it.
  3. Repeat for these programs:
    • J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
    • J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 8
    • Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
  4. Close Add/Remove Programs and Control Panel. Restart your computer.

Step 2

Please disable Windows Defender temporarily as it may interfere with the fixes. You can re-enable it back after your computer is clean.

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Defender.
  2. Click on Tools at the top.
  3. Under Settings, click on Options.
  4. Under Automatic scanning, uncheck (untick) Automatically scan my computer (recommended) box.
  5. Under Real-time protection options, uncheck (untick) Use real-time protection (recommended) box.
  6. Click on the Save button at the bottom right hand corner.

Step 3

If you already have Combofix, please delete this copy and download it again as it's being updated regularly.

Please download Combofix from Bleeping Computer. Save it to your desktop.

If you can't download it, please try these 2 alternative sites:

Forospyware
Geeks to Go

Double click to run it. Follow the prompts. Once done, it will reboot and a log will be produced. Please post that log and a new HijackThis log in your next reply.

Do not mouse click on Combofix while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

Step 4

1. Open HijackThis.
  2. Click on the Open the Misc Tools section button.
  3. Look under System tools.
  4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager... button.
  5. On the left, select Operation. On the right, click on Edit uninstall command button.
  6. Copy and paste this to Notepad.
  7. Repeat for these programs - Roll, toolkit
  8. Post back the Uninstall commands of these programs in your next reply.

1. Combofix log (C:\Combofix.txt)
  2. A new HijackThis log
  3. The Uninstall commands of the 3 programs from Step 4
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 27th, 2007, 2:46 am

I apologize for taking so long to get back. Christmas kept me from having a turn at the computer. As you can probably tell from our overloaded computer, we also have an overloaded houseful of people using it. :) Thank you so much for your patience and advice.

Combofix log

ComboFix 07-12-21.4 - Owner 2007-12-27 0:03:57.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.149 [GMT -6:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-11-27 to 2007-12-27 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-12-26 00:38 . 2007-12-26 23:56 54,156 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
2007-12-26 00:38 . 2007-12-26 00:38 1,409 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
2007-12-26 00:35 . 2007-12-26 00:35 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\The Learning Company
2007-12-26 00:32 . 2007-12-26 00:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Connection Wizard
2007-12-26 00:31 . 2007-12-26 00:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\NZRVR
2007-12-26 00:30 . 2007-12-26 00:30 27 --a------ C:\KP.cfg
2007-12-25 23:59 . 2007-12-25 23:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\cerasus.media
2007-12-25 23:16 . 2006-06-27 14:50 868,352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\cerscr3.scr
2007-12-25 23:16 . 2006-01-08 19:56 552 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\cerscr3.ini
2007-12-25 23:15 . 2007-12-25 23:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\'I Luv' House Pets
2007-12-23 16:58 . 2007-12-23 17:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
2007-12-20 22:19 . 2007-12-20 22:19 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\TrojanHunter
2007-12-20 22:14 . 2007-12-21 16:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 5.0
2007-12-20 17:18 . 2007-09-05 23:22 289,144 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\VCCLSID.exe
2007-12-20 17:18 . 2006-04-27 16:49 288,417 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SrchSTS.exe
2007-12-20 17:18 . 2007-12-19 22:57 81,920 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEDFix.exe
2007-12-20 17:18 . 2003-06-05 20:13 53,248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
2007-12-20 17:18 . 2004-07-31 17:50 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumphive.exe
2007-12-20 17:18 . 2007-10-03 23:36 25,600 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2Fix.exe
2007-12-20 16:43 . 2007-12-20 17:19 4,948 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg
2007-12-19 00:23 . 2007-12-19 00:23 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2007-12-19 00:23 . 2007-12-19 00:23 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2007-12-17 14:45 . 2007-12-17 14:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2007-12-16 00:24 . 2007-12-16 00:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\$regcmp$
2007-12-14 15:52 . 2007-12-14 15:53 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-12-11 10:57 . 2007-12-11 10:57 65,536 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTimeVR.qtx
2007-12-11 10:57 . 2007-12-11 10:57 49,152 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTime.qts
2007-12-09 18:17 . 2007-12-09 19:39 156 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\mb4.ini
2007-12-09 18:16 . 2007-12-09 18:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\MBWINCD
2007-12-02 23:54 . 2007-12-02 23:54 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive
2007-12-02 23:02 . 2007-12-02 23:04 77 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\mydebug.ini
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2001-08-17 22:36 87,040 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wiafbdrv.dll
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2001-08-17 22:36 87,040 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wiafbdrv.dll
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2004-08-04 00:58 15,104 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbscan.sys
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2004-08-04 00:58 15,104 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\usbscan.sys
2007-12-02 22:55 . 2007-12-02 23:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch
2007-12-02 22:55 . 2001-08-17 18:43 32,768 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\WiaMicro.dll
2007-12-02 22:55 . 1999-06-30 02:49 23,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ppsio2.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-12-27 05:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-12-27 05:31 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-12-26 06:33 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-12-26 06:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\The Learning Company
2007-12-26 05:16 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\'I Luv' House Pets
2007-12-14 21:52 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer
2007-11-26 23:06 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.1.1
2007-11-23 07:56 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Uniblue
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-10-29 22:43 1,287,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
2007-10-27 23:40 222,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmasf.dll
2004-10-26 23:59 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b02
2004-10-26 23:49 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b01
2004-10-26 23:38 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b00
2004-10-26 23:28 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b03
2004-04-07 15:54 14,162,080 ----a-w C:\Program Files\j2re-1_4_2-windows-i586.exe
2004-04-07 15:34 67,067,477 ----a-w C:\Program Files\OOo_1.1.1_Win32Intel_install.zip
2004-03-25 16:21 1,955,904 ----a-w C:\Program Files\ppviewer.exe
2001-09-10 15:00 139,264 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\Rtscan.dll
2001-09-10 14:10 61,440 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\onetUSD.dll
2001-08-18 00:43 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\Wiamicro.dll
2001-08-04 00:29 13,824 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\usbscan.sys
2001-06-29 14:10 163,840 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\viceo.dll
2004-03-18 01:09 32 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\{53F27B6B-6816-41AC-9A53-D23EB75F37F4}.dat
2004-03-18 01:09 32 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\{9AF1C794-A655-41E5-AA55-0F73DD151426}.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{FDEA2C12-A476-A13C-2B4C-A3BD546315C2}]
2007-12-10 02:27 146944 --a------ C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\D_4362.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ProxyWay"="F:\Program Files\ProxyWay\proxyway.exe" []
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 01:56]
"Uniblue RegistryBooster 2"="C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe" []

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"hpsysdrv"="c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe" [1998-05-07 17:04]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe" [2003-03-11 18:11]
"CamMonitor"="c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe" [2002-06-22 08:27]
"Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon"="c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe" [2002-04-17 18:42]
"KBD"="C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE" [2003-02-11 20:02]
"Recguard"="C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [2002-09-13 22:42]
"PS2"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe" [2002-10-16 16:57]
"ccApp"="c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2006-03-09 11:47]
"ccRegVfy"="c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe" [2002-11-14 19:29]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb08.exe" [2003-03-26 04:34]
"UpdateManager"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [2003-08-19 01:01]
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.exe" [2004-08-04 01:56 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2006-08-11 22:43 C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" [2005-05-18 20:44]
"AlcxMonitor"="ALCXMNTR.EXE" [2004-09-07 13:47 C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE]
"NeroCheck"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe" [2001-07-09 12:50]
"WheelMouse"="Amoumain.exe" []
"Logitech Utility"="Logi_MwX.Exe" [2003-11-07 03:50 C:\WINDOWS\LOGI_MWX.EXE]
"CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11b"="C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Graphics 12\Languages\EN\Programs\Registration.exe" [2003-11-25 13:39]
"NvMediaCenter"="RUNDLL32.exe" [2004-08-04 01:56 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe]
"OneTouch Monitor"="C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe" [2001-09-10 08:08]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-12-11 10:56]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2006-11-03 19:20]
"THGuard"="C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 5.0\THGuard.exe" [2007-09-09 09:31]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 00:11]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ALUAlert"="C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUNotify.exe" [2006-02-23 11:41]

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Event Reminder.lnk - C:\Program Files\Mindscape\PrintMaster\PMREMIND.EXE [1998-06-06 09:33:30]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"AllowLegacyWebView"= 1 (0x1)
"AllowUnhashedWebView"= 1 (0x1)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\OPXPGina]
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll 2003-02-21 04:50 40960 C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPGina.dll

R1 NPPTNT;NPPTNT;C:\WINDOWS\System32\npptNT.sys [2003-07-22 00:14]
R2 BBDemon;Backbone Service;C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11\intel_a\code\bin\CATSysDemon.exe -service []
R2 IOPort;IOPort;C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\IOPORT.SYS [1998-11-27 14:57]
R2 ppsio2;PPDevice;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ppsio2.sys [1999-06-30 02:49]
S2 PPSCAN;PPSCAN;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PPSCAN.sys [2002-03-29 12:58]
S3 PCDRDRV;Pcdr Helper Driver;C:\PROGRA~1\PC-DOC~1\DIAGNO~1\PCDRDRV.sys []
S3 TIEHDUSB;TIEHDUSB;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tiehdusb.sys [2004-02-04 09:27]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\G]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - G:\setup.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\H]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - H:\Install.exe

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
*Newly Created Service* - PROCEXP90
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-12-21 21:46:01 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
"2004-05-16 23:34:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\easy Internet sign-up.job"
- C:\Program Files\Easy Internet signup\HPSdpApp.exe
"2007-12-27 05:57:43 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job"
- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe
"2007-12-20 22:32:04 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - Owner.job"
- C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVW32.EXEh/task:
"2007-12-27 06:13:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job"
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDetect.exe
"2007-12-23 07:51:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC Nag.job"
- F:\SpeedUpMyPC 3\SpeedUpMyPC.exe
"2007-11-23 07:51:36 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC.job"

catchme 0.3.1333 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-12-27 00:14:35
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

PROCESS: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
-> C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
Completion time: 2007-12-27 0:16:03
2007-12-12 20:35:39 --- E O F ---

HijackThis log December 26

Scan saved at 12:30:00 AM, on 12/27/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.refdesk.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:81
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local;localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - F:\DAISYM~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDEA2C12-A476-A13C-2B4C-A3BD546315C2} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\D_4362.dll
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb08.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11b] C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Graphics 12\Languages\EN\Programs\Registration.exe /title="CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12" /date=123007 serial=dr12wex-1403263-zma lang=EN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 5.0\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Mindscape\PrintMaster\PMREMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - http://support.charter.com/sdccommon/do ... gctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {200B3EE9-7242-4EFD-B1E4-D97EE825BA53} (VerifyGMN Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/in ... er_gmn.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/ ... 0_0_42.cab
O16 - DPF: {48884C41-EFAC-433D-958A-9FADAC41408E} (EGamesPlugin Class) - https://www.e-games.com.my/com/EGamesPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A769165-055C-4566-ABBB-3EA82DD4F8AE} (IVSLite.FastViewer) - http://ipinviewer.lunarpages.com/bin/IVSLite.CAB
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 1448280515
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} (Groove Control) - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX27.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8739816-022C-11D6-A85D-00C04F9AEAFB} (Web Camera Server Control) - http://66.250.123.194/wg_webeye.cab
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/S ... anager.ocx
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E13F1132-4CA0-4005-84D3-51406E27D269} (BTDownloadCtrl Control) - http://www.bravetree.com/downloader/BTDownloadCtrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsup ... veData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E7DBFB6C-113A-47CF-B278-F5C6AF4DE1BD} - http://download.abacast.com/download/fi ... tup144.cab
O16 - DPF: {FE5B9F54-7764-4C01-89F0-4862601EE954} (DigWebHelper Class) - http://photos.msn.com/resources/neutral ... 10,0,910,0
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Backbone Service (BBDemon) - Dassault Systemes - C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11\intel_a\code\bin\CATSysDemon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service (ccPxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: VNC Server (winvnc) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe" -service (file missing)

Uninstall commands of the 3 programs from Step 4.
(I had a bit of trouble with this; I hope I got it right)

C:\WINDOWS\uninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\Operation\DeIsL1.isu"

C:\WINDOWS\UniFish3.exe F:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon\RollerCoaster Tycoon.log

c:\Windows\HPTK\unhptkit.exe

heydaze
heydaze

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 27th, 2007, 3:11 am

Hi,

Please go to Virus Total or Jotti and upload C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\D_4362.dll for scanning.

For Virus Total

1. Please copy and paste C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\D_4362.dll in the text box next to the Browse button.
  2. Click on Send File.

For Jotti

1. Please copy and paste C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\D_4362.dll in the text box next to the Browse button.
  2. Click on Submit.

Please post back the scan results of this file.
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 27th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Virus Total:
File has already been analysed:
MD5: c628f426d3f6995b73c94b44c25d16e6
Date: 12.15.2007 11:16:29 (CET) [>12D]
Results: 1/32
Permalink: resultado.html?c2b370e47798e3364f40d6655b08e553

"Show last report" button gave me the following information:
File D_4362.dll received on 12.15.2007 11:16:29 (CET)
Current status: Loading ... queued waiting scanning finished NOT FOUND STOPPED

Result: 1/32 (3.13%)
Loading server information...
Your file is queued in position: ___.
Estimated start time is between ___ and ___ .
Do not close the window until scan is complete.
The scanner that was processing your file is stopped at this moment, we are going to wait a few seconds to try to recover your result.
If you are waiting for more than five minutes you have to resend your file.
Your file is being scanned by VirusTotal in this moment,
results will be shown as they're generated.
Compact Print results
Your file has expired or does not exists.
Service is stopped in this moments, your file is waiting to be scanned (position: ) for an undefined time.

You can wait for web response (automatic reload) or type your email in the form below and click "request" so the system sends you a notification when the scan is finished.
Email:

Antivirus Version Last Update Result
AhnLab-V3 - - -
AntiVir - - -
Authentium - - -
Avast - - -
AVG - - -
BitDefender - - -
CAT-QuickHeal - - -
ClamAV - - -
DrWeb - - -
eSafe - - -
eTrust-Vet - - -
Ewido - - -
FileAdvisor - - -
Fortinet - - -
F-Prot - - -
F-Secure - - -
Ikarus - - -
Kaspersky - - -
McAfee - - -
Microsoft - - -
NOD32v2 - - -
Norman - - -
Panda - - Suspicious file
Prevx1 - - -
Rising - - -
Sophos - - -
Sunbelt - - -
Symantec - - -
TheHacker - - -
VBA32 - - -
VirusBuster - - -
Webwasher-Gateway - - -
Additional information
MD5: c628f426d3f6995b73c94b44c25d16e6
heydaze

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 27th, 2007, 10:44 pm

Hi,

Step 1

Please disable these protection programs temporarily as they may interfere with the fixes. You can re-enable them back once your computer is clean.

Disable TrojanHunter temporarily

1. Right click on TrojanHunter near the clock and select Settings.
  2. Uncheck (untick) all the boxes there.
  3. Click OK.
  4. Right click on TrojanHunter icon again and select Unload TrojanHunter Guard.
  5. You will be prompted. Click Yes.

Disable Windows Defender temporarily

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Defender.
  2. Click on Tools at the top.
  3. Under Settings, click on Options.
  4. Under Automatic scanning, uncheck (untick) Automatically scan my computer (recommended) box.
  5. Under Real-time protection options, uncheck (untick) Use real-time protection (recommended) box.
  6. Click on the Save button at the bottom right hand corner.

Step 2

Please open Notepad and copy and paste the following in the Code box into Notepad:

Code: Select all
Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{FDEA2C12-A476-A13C-2B4C-A3BD546315C2}]

File::
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\D_4362.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VCCLSID.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SrchSTS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEDFix.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumphive.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2Fix.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg

Warning: The above script is just for heydaze. If you are not heydaze, do not use this script as it may damage the workings of your system.

Click on File > Save As....

In the File Name field, copy and paste in CFScript.txt. Do not change the file name.

Click Save.

Referring to the picture below, drag CFScript into Combofix.

Combofix will start running. When done, a log will be produced. Please post back this log in your next reply.

Do not mouse click on Combofix while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

1. Combofix log (C:\Combofix.txt)
  2. A new HijackThis log
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 28th, 2007, 12:41 am

Thanks again. I hope I've got what you need here.

ComboFix 07-12-21.4 - Owner 2007-12-27 21:56:17.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.141 [GMT -6:00]Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

FILE

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-11-28 to 2007-12-28 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-12-26 00:38 . 2007-12-26 23:56 54,156 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
2007-12-26 00:38 . 2007-12-26 00:38 1,409 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
2007-12-26 00:35 . 2007-12-26 00:35 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\The Learning Company
2007-12-26 00:32 . 2007-12-26 00:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Connection Wizard
2007-12-26 00:31 . 2007-12-26 00:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\NZRVR
2007-12-26 00:30 . 2007-12-26 00:30 27 --a------ C:\KP.cfg
2007-12-25 23:59 . 2007-12-25 23:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\cerasus.media
2007-12-25 23:16 . 2006-06-27 14:50 868,352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\cerscr3.scr
2007-12-25 23:16 . 2006-01-08 19:56 552 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\cerscr3.ini
2007-12-25 23:15 . 2007-12-25 23:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\'I Luv' House Pets
2007-12-23 16:58 . 2007-12-23 17:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
2007-12-20 22:19 . 2007-12-20 22:19 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\TrojanHunter
2007-12-20 22:14 . 2007-12-21 16:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 5.0
2007-12-19 00:23 . 2007-12-19 00:23 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2007-12-19 00:23 . 2007-12-19 00:23 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2007-12-17 14:45 . 2007-12-17 14:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2007-12-16 00:24 . 2007-12-16 00:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\$regcmp$
2007-12-14 15:52 . 2007-12-14 15:53 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-12-11 10:57 . 2007-12-11 10:57 65,536 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTimeVR.qtx
2007-12-11 10:57 . 2007-12-11 10:57 49,152 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTime.qts
2007-12-09 18:17 . 2007-12-09 19:39 156 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\mb4.ini
2007-12-09 18:16 . 2007-12-09 18:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\MBWINCD
2007-12-02 23:54 . 2007-12-02 23:54 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive
2007-12-02 23:02 . 2007-12-02 23:04 77 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\mydebug.ini
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2001-08-17 22:36 87,040 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wiafbdrv.dll
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2001-08-17 22:36 87,040 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wiafbdrv.dll
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2004-08-04 00:58 15,104 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbscan.sys
2007-12-02 22:56 . 2004-08-04 00:58 15,104 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\usbscan.sys
2007-12-02 22:55 . 2007-12-02 23:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch
2007-12-02 22:55 . 2001-08-17 18:43 32,768 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\WiaMicro.dll
2007-12-02 22:55 . 1999-06-30 02:49 23,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ppsio2.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-12-28 03:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-12-28 03:10 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\.BitTornado
2007-12-27 05:31 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-12-26 06:33 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-12-26 06:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\The Learning Company
2007-12-26 05:16 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\'I Luv' House Pets
2007-12-14 21:52 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer
2007-11-26 23:06 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.1.1
2007-11-23 07:56 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Uniblue
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-10-29 22:43 1,287,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
2007-10-27 23:40 222,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmasf.dll
2004-10-26 23:59 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b02
2004-10-26 23:49 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b01
2004-10-26 23:38 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b00
2004-10-26 23:28 11,804 ----a-w C:\Program Files\On-Screen Takeoffuntitled.b03
2004-04-07 15:54 14,162,080 ----a-w C:\Program Files\j2re-1_4_2-windows-i586.exe
2004-04-07 15:34 67,067,477 ----a-w C:\Program Files\OOo_1.1.1_Win32Intel_install.zip
2004-03-25 16:21 1,955,904 ----a-w C:\Program Files\ppviewer.exe
2001-09-10 15:00 139,264 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\Rtscan.dll
2001-09-10 14:10 61,440 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\onetUSD.dll
2001-08-18 00:43 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\Wiamicro.dll
2001-08-04 00:29 13,824 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\usbscan.sys
2001-06-29 14:10 163,840 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\i386\viceo.dll
2004-03-18 01:09 32 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\{53F27B6B-6816-41AC-9A53-D23EB75F37F4}.dat
2004-03-18 01:09 32 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\{9AF1C794-A655-41E5-AA55-0F73DD151426}.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ProxyWay"="F:\Program Files\ProxyWay\proxyway.exe" []
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 01:56]
"Uniblue RegistryBooster 2"="C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe" []

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"hpsysdrv"="c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe" [1998-05-07 17:04]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe" [2003-03-11 18:11]
"CamMonitor"="c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe" [2002-06-22 08:27]
"Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon"="c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe" [2002-04-17 18:42]
"KBD"="C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE" [2003-02-11 20:02]
"Recguard"="C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [2002-09-13 22:42]
"PS2"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe" [2002-10-16 16:57]
"ccApp"="c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2006-03-09 11:47]
"ccRegVfy"="c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe" [2002-11-14 19:29]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb08.exe" [2003-03-26 04:34]
"UpdateManager"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [2003-08-19 01:01]
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.exe" [2004-08-04 01:56 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2006-08-11 22:43 C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" [2005-05-18 20:44]
"AlcxMonitor"="ALCXMNTR.EXE" [2004-09-07 13:47 C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE]
"NeroCheck"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe" [2001-07-09 12:50]
"WheelMouse"="Amoumain.exe" []
"Logitech Utility"="Logi_MwX.Exe" [2003-11-07 03:50 C:\WINDOWS\LOGI_MWX.EXE]
"CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11b"="C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Graphics 12\Languages\EN\Programs\Registration.exe" [2003-11-25 13:39]
"NvMediaCenter"="RUNDLL32.exe" [2004-08-04 01:56 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe]
"OneTouch Monitor"="C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe" [2001-09-10 08:08]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-12-11 10:56]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2006-11-03 19:20]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 00:11]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ALUAlert"="C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUNotify.exe" [2006-02-23 11:41]

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Event Reminder.lnk - C:\Program Files\Mindscape\PrintMaster\PMREMIND.EXE [1998-06-06 09:33:30]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"AllowLegacyWebView"= 1 (0x1)
"AllowUnhashedWebView"= 1 (0x1)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\OPXPGina]
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll 2003-02-21 04:50 40960 C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPGina.dll

R1 NPPTNT;NPPTNT;C:\WINDOWS\System32\npptNT.sys [2003-07-22 00:14]
R2 BBDemon;Backbone Service;C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11\intel_a\code\bin\CATSysDemon.exe -service []
R2 IOPort;IOPort;C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\IOPORT.SYS [1998-11-27 14:57]
R2 ppsio2;PPDevice;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ppsio2.sys [1999-06-30 02:49]
S2 PPSCAN;PPSCAN;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PPSCAN.sys [2002-03-29 12:58]
S3 PCDRDRV;Pcdr Helper Driver;C:\PROGRA~1\PC-DOC~1\DIAGNO~1\PCDRDRV.sys []
S3 TIEHDUSB;TIEHDUSB;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tiehdusb.sys [2004-02-04 09:27]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\G]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - G:\setup.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\H]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - H:\Install.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-12-21 21:46:01 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
"2004-05-16 23:34:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\easy Internet sign-up.job"
- C:\Program Files\Easy Internet signup\HPSdpApp.exe
"2007-12-28 03:45:47 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job"
- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe
"2007-12-27 19:39:28 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - Owner.job"
- C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVW32.EXEh/task:
"2007-12-28 04:03:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job"
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDetect.exe
"2007-12-23 07:51:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC Nag.job"
"2007-11-23 07:51:36 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC.job"

catchme 0.3.1333 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-12-27 22:04:23
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

PROCESS: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
-> C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
Completion time: 2007-12-27 22:05:08
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 2007-12-27 00:16
2007-12-12 20:35:39 --- E O F ---

New HijackThis Log:

Scan saved at 10:40:26 PM, on 12/27/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll

Thank you so much.
heydaze
heydaze

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 28th, 2007, 3:10 am

Hi,

Step 1

1. Please download AVG Anti-Spyware and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on avgas-setup-7.5.0.50.exe to install AVG Anti-Spyware. Install it in the default location.
  3. Once installed, start AVG Anti-Spyware by going to Start > All Programs > AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 > AVG Anti-Spyware.
  4. In the main screen, you should see Your Computer's Security.
    • Next to Resident Shield, click on Change state. It should now be Inactive.
    • Next to Automatic Updates, click on Change state. It should now be Inactive.
    • Next to Last Update, click on Update now. If your firewall prompts you, tell your firewall to allow it. Should you be unable to update it, download the updates from here. Save it to your desktop. Double click to run the installation and the updates will be installed. Make sure AVG Anti-Spyware is closed during the installation.
    • Right-click the AVG Anti-Spyware icon near the clock and uncheck (untick) Start with Windows. Confirm by clicking Yes.
  5. Now click on the Scanner button at the top.
  6. Select the Settings tab.
  7. Under How to act?, click on Recommended actions and select Quarantine.
  8. Under How to scan?, check (tick) all the boxes.
  9. Under Possibly unwanted software:, check (tick) all the boxes.
  10. Under Reports:, uncheck (untick) the Only if threats were found box and select Do not automatically generate report.
  11. Under What to scan?, select Scan every file.

Do not run a scan yet. You will run a scan later.

Step 2

1. Click on Start > All Programs > CCleaner > CCleaner.
  2. On the Windows tab, leave the default options alone.
  3. On the Applications tab, check (tick) all the boxes except Saved Form Information. This will remove all your saved passwords if you leave this box checked.
  4. Click on the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right hand corner.
  5. Close CCleaner.

Step 3

Please print out or save this set of instructions as you will not have internet access during the fix.

Reboot into Safe Mode by following the instructions below:

• When you see BIOS screen, start pressing F8.
  • A boot menu will appear shortly.
  • Using the up down arrows, select Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
  • Windows will now load.

Step 4

1. Start AVG Anti-Spyware by going to Start > All Programs > AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 > AVG Anti-Spyware.
  2. Click on the Scanner button at the top.
  3. Select the Scan tab.
  4. Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan.
  5. When the scan has finished, follow the instructions below.
    IMPORTANT: Don't click on the Save Scan Report button before you did hit the Apply all Actions button.
    • Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine (1), if not click on the link and choose Quarantine from the popup menu. (2)
    • At the bottom of the window click on the Apply all Actions button. (3)
  6. When done, click the Save Scan Report button. (4)
    • Click the Save Report as button.
    • Save the report to your Desktop.
  7. Right-click the AVG Anti-Spyware Tray Icon and select Exit. Confirm by clicking Yes.

Restart your computer in Normal Mode.

1. AVG Antispyware scan report
  2. A new HijackThis log
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 28th, 2007, 12:37 pm

AVG Antispyware scan report:

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 10:21:53 AM 12/28/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11\intel_a\resources\msgcatalog\German\CATMMediaCaptureSizeDialog.CATNls -> Trojan.Runner.i : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end

new HiJack This log:
Scan saved at 10:30:41 AM, on 12/28/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
heydaze

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 29th, 2007, 12:59 am

Hi,

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan. Please use Internet Explorer as it uses ActiveX.

1. Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner button.
  2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an ActiveX from Kaspersky. Click Yes.
  4. When the downloads have finished, click on Next button.
  5. Click on Scan Settings button.
  6. Select extended under Scan using the following antivirus database:
  7. Check (tick) these boxes under Scan options:
    • Scan Archives
    • Scan Mail Bases
  8. Click OK
  9. Click on My Computer under Please select a target to scan:
  10. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected. Click on Save as text button and save it to your desktop.
  11. Copy and paste this log in your next reply.

1. Kaspersky Antivirus scan report
  2. A new HijackThis log
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 29th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Kaspersky scan:

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:15:29 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 29/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 499370

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\
J:\
K:\
L:\
M:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 327497
Number of viruses found: 5
Number of infected objects: 11
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 04:17:10

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support\MPLog-12172007-144537.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-12-28_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Confdntl.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Content.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Privacy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Restrict.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\Spam.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Personal Firewall\Log\WebHist.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\cert8.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\history.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\key3.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmbjl4z0.default\parent.lock Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{520682BF-0796-481A-AAB4-4E13F899C96E}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Folders.dbx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{520682BF-0796-481A-AAB4-4E13F899C96E}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{520682BF-0796-481A-AAB4-4E13F899C96E}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Offline.dbx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{520682BF-0796-481A-AAB4-4E13F899C96E}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Pop3uidl.dbx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012007122820071229\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\fla79A.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsys.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\4BAC45C4.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\53985F38.class Infected: Trojan-Dropper.Java.Small.c skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\73092BC6 Infected: Sniffer.Win32.WpePro.a skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\730D55C2 Infected: Sniffer.Win32.WpePro.a skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\nisum.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1326\A0216869.exe/data.rar/SmitfraudFix/Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1326\A0216869.exe/data.rar Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1326\A0216869.exe RarSFX: infected - 2 skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1337\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WUDF\WUDFTrace.etl Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Utilities\irc\mirc612.exe/data0001.bin Infected: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.612 skipped
F:\Mitzer Russ's Master Folder\Utilities\irc\mirc612.exe mIRC: infected - 1 skipped
F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix\Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
F:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1337\change.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

HiJackThis:
Scan saved at 11:23:10 AM, on 12/29/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\freecell.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
heydaze

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » December 29th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Hi,

1. Open My Computer.
  2. Go to Tools > Folder Options.
  3. Select the View tab.
  4. Scroll down to Hidden files and folders.
  5. Select Show hidden files and folders.
  6. Uncheck (untick) Hide extensions of known file types.
  7. Uncheck (untick) Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
  8. Click Yes when prompted.
  9. Click OK.
  10. Close My Computer.

Please empty the contents of this folder. Do not delete the whole folder.

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine

Please delete these folders and files as we no longer need them.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix.exe
C:\Combofix.txt
C:\Combofix2.txt
C:\Qoobox
F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix

How's your computer performing now? Any more problems?
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby heydaze » December 29th, 2007, 3:51 pm

Okay, I've done all of that.
Should I leave "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" Unchecked (unticked)? That makes me a little nervous as we have various family members/kids on the pc.
Yes, the problems I mentioned seem to be gone. I haven't seen the urgent anti-spyware pop-up take-over, and Google seems to be functioning properly in Internet Explorer. Did you figure out exactly what was causing that?
According to my oldest son, we have intermittent extreme slowing of the framerate in full screen applications -- HALO for example. Did you see anything that might cause that?
All in all, the computer is probably slower than it should be. It seems like we have a lot of processes running at all times.

My next question is what to do about virus protection. As I said, my Norton anti-virus and firewall subscriptions have run out. I'm not particularly happy with Norton and would like to try something different. I do like the Norton Firewall because it does an excellent job of blocking ads; however, sometimes I must turn it off for functionality of some web sites. Is there free anti-virus protection you could recommend? If so, should I uninstall Norton?

Do you need any more scans?

Thanks for all of your help. You're amazing!
heydaze

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next