Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

SpyWare Doctor/dll.Scan_Start

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: SpyWare Doctor/dll.Scan_Start

Unread postby John B. » December 7th, 2007, 11:02 am

Hazel wrote:I have removed all the "Chicks Bouncing Around"...
But what about the virus the Kapersky scan detected?

All the lines which had 'infected' behind it were really infected, those Chicks Bouncing Around files. The other lines say 'object locked skipped' which are legitimate Windows files and folders which Kaspersky can't open.

Hazel wrote:Regarding "Disable and Enable System Restore", I have Windows 2000 not ME or XP so I haven't followed your instructions there - is there something else I should do instead suitable for Windows 2000?

You don't have to.

Hazel wrote:Do I need to keep all the new icons on my desktop - it's getting rather crowded! eg. uninstall list, kapersky, hijack this, ATF cleaning...

Of course you can delete all the logs made, uninstall list and others. You can delete the icon of HijackThis if you want to but it's worth keeping the program on your C drive. The ATF Cleaner is nice if you want to clean up your temporary files, etc (which will increase the speed of your computer if there was a lot of them). You can keep it if you want to use it for that purpose and if you don't want you can delete it.

Hazel wrote:With the anti Spyware you've suggested, is it worth me also renewing my subscription with Spyware doctor next year or not?

It is good to have multiple Anti-Spyware programs running, but make sure that they don't conflict. If you get problems, or a slow computer, when running multiple just remove some. Of Anti-Virus you really shouldn't have multiple programs running at the same time as it will make your system unstable.

Hazel wrote:I've also got RegistryBooster 2 and Errorkiller - is it worth me keeping these or shall I just uninstall them?

I must warn you that programs who change the registry/delete 'useless' keys can be dangerous as they may delete/change something vital!! Only advanced users should run them and even they should check everything. Errorkiller was one of the programs which did a lot wrong in history, but the developers have probably changed it slightly, because it isn't in our list anymore.

Hazel wrote:Also, when I upgraded to service pack 4, I got the option to be automatically informed of any Windows updates and prompted to install them so hopefully that's sufficient in that respect?

That's recommended.

Hazel wrote:Having some difficulties installing the firewall.

Forgot to delete Comodo from the list as I'm not 100% sure it's compatable with Windows 2000. The Kerio firewall is compatible with Windows 2000 Professional and the ZoneAlarm Free firewall is compatible with Windows 200.

Do you have anymore questions/problems? If not, please give one more reply so I can' lock this topic.

Greets, John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Hazel » December 8th, 2007, 8:56 am

Hi John,
I'm having some problems...! Due to my ignorance, I'm afraid.

I've downloaded ZoneAlarm and Spybot

I can't get Adaware SE because it's a zip file and I don't know which/have application to open it. I've tried downloading Adaware 7 instead in case this was just as good but I'm having problems with both this and Spyblaster, on download.com

In both cases I'm thanked for downloading them but they don't seem to be anywhere and I'm not given the option to install them, whilst at the bottom of the screen it says "Opening page whatever" and not "Done" as if the page won't fully download. Is the firewall blocking something?

Also can you clear something else up for me that I'm confused about. I'm sorry to keep asking but I would like to understand. The Kapersky scan said
Number of viruses found 1
Number of infected objects 24

The 24 infected objects were clearly the chicks bouncing around. Do I take it from your previous answer that the virus was not a separate infection from these that needed removing, but part of these 24 infections?

Sorry to be such a nuisance

Hazel
Hazel

Unread postby John B. » December 8th, 2007, 9:04 am

Hi Hazel,

Hazel wrote:I've downloaded ZoneAlarm and Spybot

Good, are they working correctly?

Hazel wrote:I can't get Adaware SE because it's a zip file and I don't know which/have application to open it. I've tried downloading Adaware 7 instead in case this was just as good but I'm having problems with both this and Spyblaster, on download.com

Is it only with Adaware and SpywareBlaster or with anything you download? The programs aren't needed but recommended for security. The problem may be you old Operating System, Windows 2000, so you may want to decide to do without them.

Hazel wrote:Also can you clear something else up for me that I'm confused about. I'm sorry to keep asking but I would like to understand. The Kapersky scan said
Number of viruses found 1
Number of infected objects 24

The 24 infected objects were clearly the chicks bouncing around. Do I take it from your previous answer that the virus was not a separate infection from these that needed removing, but part of these 24 infections?

The infected objects, which where the chicks bouncing around files, all were the same infection. It doesn't mean that without one of the 24 files the infection couldn't function but it means that you had 24 times the same infection.

Hazel wrote:Sorry to be such a nuisance

Trust me, I've seen people way more stupid. You can't help that the computer isn't functioning the way you want and it's natural to ask questions to make sure you understand things.

Greets, John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Hazel » December 8th, 2007, 10:54 am

When I previously wrote spyblaster I did of course mean spywareblaster...

I've successfully downloaded/installed Spywareblaster from a different site. Presumably download.com was experiencing issues of its own or just with my PC..?

Now, Spyware Blaster tells me Internet Explorer protection is disabled - I presumably want to enable it. When clicking on "enable" I then get the options to check:

1. Installation of ActiveX based spyware/potentially unwanted software

I assume I want to check this? (know idea what ActiveX means)

It then lists a lot of checked items and asks if I want to protect against them. Is the answer yes?

and

2 Prevent ad/tracking cookies

Do I check this? If I do, does it stop websites (like your own for example) from recognising me automatically when I revisit them?

And what are Restricted sites? Restricted by who? Do I check "restrict the actions of ad/tracking/potentially unwanted sites from Int Ex"? (again - does this prevent me being recognised when I return to sites I want to recognise me?)

I try reading the tutorials etc but I have a condition called M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and when faced with a long written explanation using technical jargon - to use a computer analogy - my concentration & intelligence circuits tend to melt before I've got to the end of the first sentence.

Also, back to Kapersky - I am determined to understand this if I have to drive us both insane in the process!!! I'm obviously not phrasing my question as well as I could!! I understand that I had 24 infections (trojan horses, I believe?), probably the same infection 24 times, from Chicks Bouncing Around. What I do not understand and was alarmed by was the use of the word "VIRUS" - was the trojan horse infection a virus (I thought trojan horses were trojan horses and viruses were viruses). I understood the scan results to mean I had 24 infections from Chicks Bouncing Around AND a separate Virus Infection - is this not the case? Bear with me - we'll get there eventually!!

Keep you posted

Hazel
Hazel

Unread postby John B. » December 15th, 2007, 1:23 pm

Hi Hazel,

I'm very sorry that I don't reply! It seems like I wasn't notified or I must have missed to check that e-mail. I suppose you still want to know all these things you asked.

With SpywareBlaster you can block bad ActiveX elements (like ones which have malware), block bad cookies and block bad websites. You must check all those so that all the categories are blacked. They only contain bad things so that's easy. Regurly update it to include the latest threates.

The Chicks Bouncing Around files are Trojan Downloaders so they can download malware (probably only when you run them). By 'virus' in the header of the log Kaspersky means 'malware' so just everything which is malicious (it also includes 'dangerous' programs like VNC which you can use to connect to other PCs or let other PCs connect to yours).

Do you have any other questions?

Greets, John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » December 23rd, 2007, 6:33 pm