and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
As an introduction, please note that I am not Superhuman, I do not know everything, but what I do know has taken me years to learn. I am happy to pass on this information to you, but please bear in mind that I am also fallible.
Please only use this topic for your replies on this problem. Do not start another thread.
Please note that the fixes we will use are specific to your problems on this computer and should only be used for this problem on this computer.
These things need to be properly researched and a complete fix for many malware problems can take some time and be spread over a number of posts, so please be patient and try to see it through to the end.
Before we start:
Please be aware that removing Malware is a hazardous undertaking
. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system
. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
In light of this it would be wise for you to back up any files and folders that you don't want to lose before
Please observe these rules while we work:
- Perform all actions in the order given.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Stick with it till you're given the all clear.
- REMEMBER, ABSENCE OF SYMPTOMS DOES NOT MEAN THE INFECTION IS ALL GONE.
If you can do these things, everything should go smoothly.
- Please note that you should have Administrator rights to perform the fixes. (XP accounts are Administrator by default) Also note that multiple identity PC’s (family PC’s) present a different problem; please tell me if your PC has more than one individual’s setting, but continue with the fix.Please let me know if you are using a computer with multiple accounts, as this can affect the instructions given.
It may be helpful to you to print out or take a copy of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.
Please note that I will be off line for about 26 hours (sundown Friday until nightfall Saturday my local time)
Does not sound good but please post a HijackThis log.
Do as follows:Download and Run HijackThis
to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
use the Analyse This
button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required