Hi Ron ,
Welcome to Malware Removal Forums.
As we work together to resolve your problem please read the instructions carefully. You may wish to print them off or copy them into Notepad.
If you have question please don't hesitate to ask
The instructions I give are specific to your current problem and should not be used on other systems.
Post your replies to this thread.
Since there may other issues with your system please continue to follow this thread until I have given you an "All Clean."
Ready? Let's go.
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
- Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Create Uninstall List with Hijackthis
This is how you do that:
Click on the tab "Open the Misc Tools Session
Click on the Box that says "Uninstall Manager
Click on the button "Save list
Copy and past the List from notepad into your post
Please post the hijackthis log