Insung wrote:Thank you so much for your help
I really appreciate that
You are welcome!
Your HJT appears clean and I'm glad your system is running well with out problems!
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
- THIS IS IMPORTANT! - If you are using Windows XP then you should reset system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point and that you have a clean restore point should you need one!
Now let's reset your restore points.
Click Start Menu >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> SystemRestore
Press OK. Choose 'Create a Restore Point' then Next. Name it and press 'Create' then when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click 'Close'.
Next go to Start Menu >> Run, then type:
click OK, when Disk Cleanup opens go to the 'More Options' tab and press 'Cleanup' on the system restore area which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created. To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK then choose Yes on the confirmation window.
- Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
- From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click once on the Security tab
- Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click once on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
- Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
- Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
- Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
- Spybot Search & Destroy- Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
- AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
- SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
- SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
- IE-SpyAd for Zoned Out - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
- ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only. ATF is a new, freeware, temporary file cleaner for Windows, IE, Firefox and Opera with a simple, easy-to-use interface. The main screen allows the user to either clean all temporary files, or select files for cleaning. The program also knows if Firefox and or Opera is being used, and gives the option of cleaning the temporary files associated with those applications.
Remember...be careful out there!