Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Malware preventing the creation of a HijackThis Log?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Malware preventing the creation of a HijackThis Log?

Unread postby Popocub » May 6th, 2007, 1:19 pm

I think I've aquired a Malware program. When I try to Run MSCONFIG (to do a selective startup) it closes before I can do anything. So I found this site, and followed the steps in the sticky. None of the virus scanners got rid of it; I think it might be called Command, it's the one thing Spybot Search and Destroy couldn't clean.

Anyway, I followed the steps to create a HijackThis Log. When I go to the Program Files and try and run HijackThis, my computer flashes to my desktop backround (with no icons or start menu/bar) and then goes back to normal, but without the HijackThis folder open. It keeps closing it, and I'm getting desperate. I've been tackling this problem for two days now. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Popocub

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » May 6th, 2007, 4:15 pm

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=98634

Popocub

Please choose which support forum you would like to support you - all the support forums have so many topics that people who post at multi forums are not well appreciated - taking the time of more than one person - more than needed.

I have not checked to see if you have posted to any other foums - but choose one - post to every other forum that you no longer need thier support.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Popocub » May 6th, 2007, 4:18 pm

My apologies. Help is no longer needed on this thread -- I'll stick with the other one, it's more specific on my problems and need.

Once again, I aplogize. Thanks.
Popocub