Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Marcelo Almeida - HijackThis Log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Trogan » July 16th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Hi Marcelo,

2- I downloaded the Firewall you suggested, but it someway disabled not only the AVG, but also the programs ARES and MSN. So, as I didn't know how to configurate things, I uninstalled it. What should I do now?

In this case, you must have atleast Win XP Firewall turned on. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Select ON and press OK.

If you would like a software Fireall, download one of these:

Sunbelt Kerio PF
Outpost

The viruses that AVG found are in the restore points.
It's a good idea to Flush your System Restore points after ridding yourself of malware: You can clean this by doing the following:
  • Click Start | Help and Support | Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.
  • Click Create A Restore Point then click Next. Give it a name it and then click Create, then Close.
  • Close the Help and Support Center box.
  • Click Start | Run and type Cleanmgr
  • Select (C: ) then click OK.
  • Click the More Options tab.
  • Click Clean Up in the System Restore Section.
This will remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

Congratulations, Marcelo! Your log looks clean. If you still have some problems, please don’t hesitate to say so.

Here are some measures you can take to stay more secure online:

Secure your Internet Explorer by going here and following the instructions there.

Better yet, use an alternative browser! Download FireFox and give it a run. It is far more secure than Internet Explorer. Or, you can get Opera.

Install and keep updated, Ad-Aware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy.
Run them both on a regular basis, following the manufacturer's recommendations.

Install and keep updated, SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard

Check for Windows Updates. Microsoft regularly post updates for your systems safe running. Make sure to take advantage of this. Reboot when installed and return to make sure there are no others.

Clear your Temp folders.
Go to Start > Find/Search > Files or folders > in the named box, type: *.tmp and choose Edit > select all -> File > delete.

Empty/delete the entire contents from the following folders:

C:\Windows\temp
C:\temp <-- if you have one.
Note: Empty contents but don't delete the folder(s) itself.

Clear out temp files from the following location. Change "username" to whatever you have on your computer.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\

In order to view these files you may have to select 'show hidden files/folders.' Instructions on how to here.

Empty the Recycle Bin!

Hide system files
It is very important that system files and folders are hidden again, so that they DO NOT get deleted by mistake. To hide system files and folders, do the following for your operating system...

Windows XP
* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading, uncheck Do not show hidden files and folders
* Check the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

===============

If you have any more problems, post back.
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Marcelo Almeida » July 17th, 2006, 2:05 am

In this case, you must have atleast Win XP Firewall turned on. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Select ON and press

Well, the Win XO Firewall isn't working and I don't know why. I followed your instructions but a message like this appeared: "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot show the Firewall configurations".

Anyway, I have downloaded another and I'll check if it works properly. I'll let you know later :)

If you have any more problems, post back.

There is a little problem I can't solve. I can't see my wallpaper. There is something as a 'layer' over it. In fact, it's like two layers that change colors: from 'light brown to white' [I don't know if I have made myself clear, so I'll put some pictures of it]. That's very weird and I can't get rid of it. However, when I reboot my PC it appears clearly just for a split second. :?

Pictures: White 'wallpaper': http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... d=362C7AF9
7EDF70DD

Light Brown: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 6466EBFB3C

This is how it should look. I use 'that blue one on the back':
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 445F99B85F
Marcelo Almeida

Unread postby Trogan » July 17th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Hi Marcelo,

Before we begin fixing your desktop, I need to say that it's obvious your not being careful when selecting the sites you go to, nor what you allow to come into your computer, either in the form of downloads and/or the links on which you click. We are here to help you clean up your system; however, we are not here to support ongoing issues due to careless computing habits.

As for your Desktop, please try this:

Go to Start > Control Panel double-click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Let me know how it goes.
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Marcelo Almeida » July 17th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Yep. I understand what you mean. The problem is that all my brothers use my PC and one of them usually visits sites he's not supposed to visit. This is pointless, but I have already talked to all of them.

Ah, the wallpaper problem has been here since the first virus appeared, the Clicker.FR and even after all those programs I used here, nothing was able to detect it or delete it. I haven't had any problems since we began fixing all the problems. I downloaded everything you recommended and my PC is very safe now. (The Firewall is working perfectly)

Anyway, the desktop is fixed. Thank you very much for the tips, instructions, etc. Sorry for any incovenient.

Marcelo Almeida dos Reis.
Marcelo Almeida

Unread postby Trogan » July 18th, 2006, 6:14 am

Hi Marcelo,

Although you have other users on your system who have their own accounts, that will not keep them from infecting the rest of the system, including your own account. It would be best to change all the other accounts on this system to Limited Accounts.

Here's some information for you to look at regarding user accounts...

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dummies ... d-350.html

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... x?mfr=true

Good luck & safe surfing!
:thumbright:
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » July 19th, 2006, 2:22 am

Glad we could be of assistance.