Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

mps.exe and others that have infected me with trojans

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

mps.exe and others that have infected me with trojans

Unread postby SacredLites » June 4th, 2006, 1:36 am

This is my first time here, thank you for allowing this board to exist first off and secondly that you care enough to help so many others...it's greatly appreciated. I do have McAfee Security Center w/a firewall so this trojan hasn't I hope been able to do any damage. At this point it is annoying and is only seen during start up. The first thing that pops up is a box that says. DIRECTX "x is not a valid integer" and then McAfee will run through a list of PUP's that I delete and also files that is deletes in order to clean. fps.exe mps.exe iss32.exe CRSS.EXE kdd32.atm

After running my Spysweeper, it comes up clean and so does my McAfee after running it. I am truly at a loss for how to remove this Trojan whose name is Progent for all but the mps.exe, in that case it is PWCrack-MailPassView.

Thank you in advance and God Bless,
SacredLites
SacredLites

Advertisement
Register to Remove

It's fixed...sorry for the bother

Unread postby SacredLites » June 4th, 2006, 2:15 am

I ran the free trojan cleaner program and BAM! I suggest that EVERYONE buy this program...hot diggety dog diggety...boom watcha do to me... :lol: LOL
It was a keylog file that was infected which caused it to show up upon start up. I'm just so thankful that I am a firm believer in a good antivirus program and tough firewalls. Thank you again for posting such informative websites for me to scan through for much needed help! I am by no means a computer fixer, I only mess with my own and will delve into it deeply with some outside help. I don't give up easily though and this trojan was a real booger for me.
God bless you all!
SacredLites
SacredLites

Unread postby NonSuch » June 5th, 2006, 2:24 am

Welcome to the forums. :)

Although it may appear that your problem is resolved, it would be advisable for you to download HijackThis, scan with it, and post a log in this forum so that it can be analyzed to make sure there are no other problems lurking on your system. Here is a link to our downloads page where you can download HijackThis...

http://www.malwareremoval.com/downloads.html

After you have scanned with HijackThis, come back to this forum and start a new topic, and copy and paste your HijackThis log as your first post. A helper will be along to assist you as soon as possible. Do not reply to your own topic until you have received a response from a helper. If you reply to your own topic, it no longer will show as having 0 replies, and it will appear that you're receiving help when you're really not. :)

Since you will be starting a fresh topic, this one is now closed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator