Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

hello and can someone plz help me remove malware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

hello and can someone plz help me remove malware

Unread postby the miseter » June 1st, 2006, 6:35 pm

hi i currently went on my internet exploer earlier to find malware. every time i go t ohompage it brings up this internet page :http://www.securityuptodate.net/: and when i try to chgne homepage it keeps going here. it lso brings up security boxes in bottem right of screen . i am currently puzzled wht to do. can anyone help please.????
the miseter

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 1st, 2006, 8:38 pm

Welcome!

Please download HijackThis from here. Save the program to its own folder(eg: C:\Program Files\HJT\HijackThis.exe). Run the program and click the Do a System Scan and save a Logfile button.

Post the log as a reply to this thread.

Thanks!
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby the miseter » June 2nd, 2006, 6:22 am

hiya i just done the scan and it has brought up a list of stuff wht should iu do now ??
the miseter

Unread postby the miseter » June 2nd, 2006, 6:33 am

hiya can u send me an email or reply here AND I WILL LOOK AT IT ON SUNDAY AS i am leaving and will be away for the weekend so i will look at it on sunday. my email is <email removed to keep spambots away - 'KG>. so if i dont reply untill sunday u know y ;)
the miseter

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 2nd, 2006, 11:51 am

As I said in my first reply. Post the log as a reply to this thread.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby the miseter » June 4th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Scan saved at 11:18:45, on 02/06/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP3 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\MWW32\MANAGER\MWMDMSVC.EXE
C:\WINNT\MWW32\MANAGER\MWSSW32.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Wirelwss LAN Utility\tiwlnsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Wirelwss LAN Utility\TIWLANCu.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\atmclk.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\dcomcfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\ibm\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Nothing - {6ab7158b-4bff-4160-ad7d-4d622df548cf} - C:\WINNT\system32\hp100.tmp
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Modem Update Reminder] C:\WINNT\MWW32\manager\mwremind.exe autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrackPointSrv] tp4mon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TI WLAN] C:\Program Files\Wirelwss LAN Utility\TIWLANCu.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WheelMouse] C:\PROGRA~1\Hardware\Mouse\Amoumain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: ThinkPad Modem Copyright.lnk = C:\WINNT\MWW32\manager\mwcpyrt.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1754A1BA-A1DF-4F10-B199-AA55AA1A120F} (InstallerBehaviorFactory Class) - https://signup.msn.com/pages/MsnInstC.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/msnme ... loader.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad Modem Service (ThinkPadModemService) - IBM Corporation - C:\WINNT\MWW32\MANAGER\MWMDMSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: TI Wlan Service (tiwlnsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Wirelwss LAN Utility\tiwlnsvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
the miseter

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 4th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby the miseter » June 4th, 2006, 3:12 pm

hiya smitfraud doesnt seem to wqork on my laptop it wont open it ?? i have tried several times!!
the miseter

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 4th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Is it giving you any kind of error message? If so... what is the message?
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby the miseter » June 4th, 2006, 3:27 pm

no when i click on the link u prvidied i save to desktop and when i click on it on the desktop it says wht to open it with . i have tried tyo open with everything and nothing happens. i have also tried to open instead of saving and same againb nothiung happens. is there any other way i can get to that link???
the miseter

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 4th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Ahhh.... ok... you'll need to unzip the files.

Download and install WinRar. Once installed, double click on the SmitFraudFix.zip file and extract the contents to your desktop then follow the directions to run SmitFraudFix in my previous post.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby the miseter » June 4th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Scan done at 20:40:08.99, Sun 04/06/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\ibm\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195] - Windows_NT
Fix ran in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINNT

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINNT\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINNT\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINNT\system32

C:\WINNT\system32\atmclk.exe FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\dcomcfg.exe FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\hp???.tmp FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\hp????.tmp FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\ld????.tmp FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\ot.ico FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\regperf.exe FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\simpole.tlb FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\stdole3.tlb FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\ts.ico FOUND !
C:\WINNT\system32\1024\ FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\ibm\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\ibm\FAVORI~1

C:\DOCUME~1\ibm\FAVORI~1\Antivirus Test Online.url FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

C:\Program Files\MalwareWipe\ FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{e5b1e382-817e-4b74-8a96-ec78751e6acf}"="incatenate"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e5b1e382-817e-4b74-8a96-ec78751e6acf}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\WINNT\system32\imfdfcj.dll"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{e5b1e382-817e-4b74-8a96-ec78751e6acf}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\WINNT\system32\imfdfcj.dll"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End
the miseter

Unread postby the miseter » June 4th, 2006, 3:52 pm

does that help u any
the miseter

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 4th, 2006, 3:52 pm

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please download, install, and update the free version of Ewido Anti-Malware:
  1. When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
  2. When you run Ewido for the first time, you will get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
  3. From the main Ewido screen, click on update in the left menu, then click the Start update button.
  4. After the update finishes, the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful"
  5. Exit Ewido. DO NOT run a scan yet.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

After SmitfraudFix finishes (and after a reboot if required), please open Ewido. (If a reboot is required, please boot BACK into Safe Mode.)
  • Click on Scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
  • Save the report to your desktop
  • Close Ewido

Then please restart it into Normal Windows. Please post the contents of the SmitfraudFix log located at C:\rapport.txt into this thread, along with the Ewido report and a new HijackThis log.

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby the miseter » June 4th, 2006, 4:03 pm

it says no update avalible will i just continue the rest of instructions
the miseter

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next