Malware Removal - Downloads Page
Anti-malware programs will be added here as the authors give agreement to my hosting a download page for their tools.
Until such authority is given, my friend Subratam (www.subratam.org) has allowed me to link to his download server for the more common tools.
PLEASE USE THESE TOOLS IF AND WHEN REQUIRED AND ADVISED BY AN EXPERT
This is the place where you can find special security tools made for particular malwares.
1. - Trend Micro HijackThis - Please Do NOT use this software on your own. Get advice from an expert. Powerful Removal Tool by Trend Micro (Hosted with permission.Trend HijackThis, Also a self-extracting zip from Trend HJT Self Installer and as a standard ZIP file. Trends Micro's page on this program is here
2. HijackThis - old version 1.99.1 - Please Do NOT use this software on your own. Get advice from an expert. Powerful Removal Tool by Merijn.Help pageEach of these tools is frequently updated and we will make sure that the versions here are up to date as we are in contact with the authors. If you find any problems or broken links, please contact a member of the administration team.
Also available as a exe download from HijackThis, Also a self-extracting zip from here
Also as a self-installing verson from here With detailed instructions available here
3. PV.ZIP - A tool made by Shadowwar which helps to recognize the new strain of CWS with the hidden dll.
4. Start.Chm fix - Another tool by Shadowwar mainly to counter the latest start.chm variation of CWS
5. Start Up List vb2.0 - The list contains information about start up entries that can be helpful for analysing.
6. CWS Domain List - The updated CWS domain lists that can be used for further needs.
7. Toolbar List - The list contains information about toolbars that can be helpful for analysing.
8. BHO List - The list contains information about Browser Helper Objects that can be helpful for analysing.
9. (i) VX2.BetterInternet Finder XP/2k - The latest Look2Me Fix brought out by Option Explicit. This one is effective but O^E will be continously updating it here if new versions out.
(ii) Version Msg126 - New Version for L2M is out and it is autoupdating to Msg126. If the user has "old L2M" VX2Finder will do the job, but it is better we run this tool first now, as because we know L2M autoupdates.
10. (i) VX2.BetterInternet Finder 9x - The latest Look2Me Fix brought for Windows 9x
(ii) Version Msg126 for 9x - The VX2Finder version for windows 9x to negate the latest L2M Version Msg126
11. Peper Fix - The tool for fixing Peper trojan, made by O^E.
12. LSP Fix - This program attempts to correct Internet connection problems resulting from buggy or improperly-removed Layered Service Provider (LSP) software. When you start LSP-Fix, it will read the list of LSP modules from the Windows registry and verify that each module is present. If a module is missing, the LSP data will be placed on the "Remove" list for removal.
13. About Buster - Use this tool to negate the latest CWS variant "res://". Complete details of how to use and updates maintained -> Click Me
14. Bug Off - If you have not installed Service Pack 2 for Windows , you can use BugOff to disable the vulnerable objects until it is.
15. KillBox -KillBox is updated and is now Pocket KillBox. New features and easier to use. Powerful tool, so use only when being told and required.
16. WinSockFix A tool to fix Winsock problems, internet connection problems which can at times caused by spywares