Malware Removal Forum Guidelines and RulesREGISTRATIONEXPECTED BEHAVIORHOW TO USE THIS FORUM FOR POSTINGPOSTING RULES For MEMBERSIF YOU NEED HELPREGISTRATION
Return to MenuEXPECTED BEHAVIOR
- Under the Large MR logo in the upper left of the forum home page, click the Register link with the check mark. You will need to agree to the terms, fill out and submit your application.
- This is an English language forum. We are sorry, but we are not equipped to handle non-English speaking members or their posts.
- E-Mail - In order to receive notices of answers to any of your posts, or any other correspondence, you will have to supply a valid e-mail address.
Be aware that MWR will NOT be responsible for ensuring that your Internet Provider allows you to receive e-mail from this site. That is your responsibility. Set your filter, spam traps etc to accept emails from this board without any human intervention from this end (xxx @ malwareremoval.com )
If your ISP rejects e-mails from MWR as SPAM, it's up to you to fix it. MWR will not respond to any ISP request about rejected e-mails.
- Hotmail and/or Yahoo accounts are not considered as valid e-mail addresses for use on this board.
- Register, wait for the email to arrive, click the link in the email to activate the account. Then you can log into the forum.
Return to MenuHOW TO USE THIS FORUM FOR POSTING
- By becoming a member, you agree to adhere to these behavior guidelines.
Violations will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis, but may result in a member being suspended or banned.
We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community.
- You should be respectful and mindful of the needs of others. Treat your neighbor as YOU would like to be treated here.
- Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, ethnic, gender-based, profane or violate any laws.
Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post.
- Personal attacks, rudeness, insults to others, intentional antagonism, or arguments will not be tolerated, either in the public forums or private messages. If you wish to challenge a member's point of view and opinions, be courteous and polite in doing so.
Once you have logged in to the forum, and have a message you wish to post:
Return to MenuPOSTING RULES For MEMBERS
- Make sure you are in the correct Room for the subject in question.
- Compose your post with Notepad or other editor. In Notepad, check the Format menu to be sure Word Wrap is unchecked.
- You can use "bbcode" to format your post with color, bold fonts, etc. If you are having trouble formatting your post, see the bbcode guide here : http://www.bbcode.org/
- If you want to start a new topic, Click the New Topic button at the top of the list in the chosen Room. In the text blocks, type in a Subject and type or paste your post into the reply block.
Then ALWAYS use the Preview button to check what it will look like. If it's satisfactory, click Submit. If not, edit changes and check Preview again.
- You can see how your post will look offline by composing it and checking using AHK's BBCodewriter or Pawsoft's FASS.
Return to MenuIF YOU NEED HELP
- If you wish to post to the Malware Removal forum, please read .... ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST .... first, where we explain the additional rules that apply to that forum, and what information we will need in order to help you.
- If you need help with a misplaced or incorrect post, please PM a moderator, teacher, mentor, or administrator.
Any of their posts on the board will have a "PM" button at the bottom. By clicking, you can send a Private Message. A member of staff will do what is required upon contact.
- Commercial advertising or selling (SPAM) is not permitted. We do not allow posts which are designed to "hype" or promote sales of commercial products.
- Do not ask for, offer to supply, or post links to "cracks" or copies of commercial software, MP3s, movies, CD Keys, Product Keys, Serial Numbers, or other intellectual property which is not legally and publicly available.
- Do not post copyrighted articles from elsewhere on the Internet. Post a link to the article instead, or alternatively, place the article within a quote, stating where the article was obtained and providing a link to the original source.
- If you are linking to external content, you should link directly to that content. It is unacceptable to use link-thru systems to mask the originating URL, and cases where this is found to be happening may be edited or removed as appropriate.
- Do NOT post a direct link to a malware infection site. Corrupt the URL by using "hxxp : //..." so no viewer will become infected by accident.
- Pornography or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive.
- All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or removal of any offensive post and/or other content. Posts may be removed for any reasons deemed reasonable by the forum administrators.
- Posters should be aware that anything posted on any site, including this one, may subsequently be found in the cache of various search engines. That is beyond our control, and we have no method of expunging such cached posts. Do not make such requests as we cannot comply with them.
- Any impersonation of another member from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
- If you have an issue concerning our services, policies, or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email to a staff member.
All moderators, administrators, and support staff are highlighted in the active members list. We take serious complaints to heart and will do our best to address them.
Follow the guidelines above for REGISTRATION
. Read the sections above on EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
and POSTING RULES FOR MEMBERS
Please read the topic .... ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST
.... where we explain the additional rules that apply to the Malware Removal
forum, and what information we will need in order to help you.
Please be aware we are a 'teaching' forum. That means two things - one good, one bad.
Return to Menu
- The upside - you will get an answer posted either by an expert directly or via a trainee who is having everything checked by an expert - so you know you will get the best advice.
- The downside is that the rechecking by an expert when a trainee is posting can add time - so it might take longer for you to get a reply.
- Please bear with this because we NEED these new trainees - both at this forum and afterwards, when they will become the new 'experts'.
- Our experts and trainees also work 15-20 other forums, and they do not put topics here above those from the other sites. So it can take up to 3-5 days to get a reply during busy times.
- Make sure you have one of the desktop versions of Windows, i.e. Win98, Win98SE, WinMe, Win2000, Windows XP, Windows Media, Vista.
We CANNOT HELP remove malware from any of the Windows Server editions, like Windows 2003.
- If your computer proves to have Anti-Theft Tracking Software installed, and you do not have the password(s) to Uninstall it, we will not be able to assist in cleaning the machine. We have no way to establish actual ownership in such a case, and modifying such a system may involve legal issues we do not wish to deal with.
- DO NOT TURN OFF System Restore, your AntiVirus program, or your Firewall before or during your repair sequences, unless specifically instructed by your helper.
- Do not install anything or remove anything on your own while being instructed in malware removal by your helper.
- Once you have decided to post, do not run any extra scans or removal tools, except under supervision of the helper.
Disclaimer: All messages made using the forum software remain the property of the author at all times. Malware Removal takes no responsibility for the content of any post on the forum or personal message or email sent using the forum software.