Hi again, it is looking clean now
The computer is running fine ?
, click Do a system scan only
, and check the box next to each of these entries if still present. Close all other windows and press Fix checked
. If something isn't there, please continue with the next entry in the list.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
You don't have an antivirus
on your computer, you must install one antivirus
. Otherwise you'll get
These are good (free) antiviruses:
You don't seem to a firewall
running, you must install one firewall
.NOTE: If you're using Windows XP firewall, I recommend that you install a better firewall. Windows firewall doesn't really provide enough protection. Disable Windows firewall after installing a new firewall.
These are good (free) firewalls:
You can enable Windows Defender's realtime protection.
- Open Windows Defender
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "General Settings"
- Scroll down to "Real-time protection options"
- Check "Turn on Real-time protection (recommended)"
- Click "Save"
- Exit the program.
Now you can clean AVG's Quarantine:
- Open AVG Anti-Spyware
- Click Infections
- Click Quarantine tab
- Click Select all
- Click Remove finally
- Close the program
You can remove the tools we used.
You can remove the following backup folders:
Then you can install the latest version of Java (5.0 update 9)
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9.
- Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications."
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement."
- The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
- Install it
Now you can make your hidden files hidden again.
- Go to My Computer
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options
- Click the View tab.
- Checkmark the "Display the contents of system folders"
- Under the Hidden files and folders select "Show hidden files and folders"
- Check "Hide protected operating system files"
- Click Apply and then the OK and close My Computer.
Now that you seem to be clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
- Clear your system restore
This will clear the system restore folders from possible malware that was left behind during the cleaning process.
- Use ATF Cleaner
Download and install ATF Cleaner. Clean your temporary files & folders with it regularly.
- Use Ad-Aware
Download and install Ad-Aware. Update it and scan your computer regularly with it.
- Use AVG Anti-Spyware
Update it and scan your computer regularly with it.
- Use Spybot S&D
Download and install Spybot S&D. Update it and scan your computer regularly with it.
- Install SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Install MVPS Hosts file
This prevents your computer from connecting to harmful sites.
- Use Firefox browser
Firefox is faster, safer and better browser than Internet Explorer.
- Keep your systen up-to-date
Visit Windows Update regularly.
- Keep your antivirus and firewall up-to-date
Scan your computer regularly with your antivirus.
- Read this article by TonyKlein
So how did I get infected in the first place?
- Stand Up and Be Counted !
The site offers people who have been (or are) victims of malware the opportunity to document their story and, in that way, launch a complaint against the malware and the makers of the malware.
Stay clean and be safe