Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Novice requests help with dialer Trojan viruses please.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Mad-Friend » July 31st, 2006, 7:15 pm

Hi Rogue,
just wanted to let you know I've deleted the win_dialler_414 from my desktop, rebooted my PC and got back on line fine, then deleted my recycle bin. All well so far.

I have tried to sort out and follow the advice on the Microsoft link you gave me but hit a hurdle and not succeeded in restoring my files. I will try again in the morning.
Thankyou for all your help.
Trish.
Mad-Friend

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Mad-Friend » August 1st, 2006, 6:02 am

Morning Rogue,
I have been back to the 3 links you gave me for the Word problem. I have discovered that the normal.dot template is reading ~$Normal.dot. I have gone through the options advice and all went well until I clicked on RUN to activate the /a switch, typed in "C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice\Office10|Winword.exe" /a
when I clicked on okay this came up.
A box with a red cross saying;
C:\ProgramFiles refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet then try again. If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location.

I suspect that the corrupt template is causing th problems with my word files but don't know how to correct the corrupt template.
I am not sure what it means by "make sure the disk is properly inserted"
The ONLY disk that came with the Mediaon computer is a Microsoft disk containing the following all on the one disk;
Microsoft Works Suite 2002
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Works 6.0
Microsoft Clipart
Microsoft Money 2002 Standard
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002
Microsoft Pocket Streets for Windows CE.

I have tried to run (before the corruption occurred) the Detect and Repair which only loads up to a point. It then requests the disk to be inserted. I have inserted this disk which the computer then does not appear to recognise. So I can go no further. I just thought it might help for you to know that.

Please can you help me Rogue, or pass me on to another genius who can.
I await your reply with anticipation.
Your sincerely Trish.
Mad-Friend

Unread postby Rogue » August 1st, 2006, 9:01 am

Hi Trish,

Sorry your having problems with those. Like I said I'm no expert at MS Word.
One of our Admins here has a site
http://z13.invisionfree.com/BFC_Compute ... p?act=site

After you register, you should see a section Applications in the Help Forums. You can post your questions there.

If you fail to get a response, there is another help forum at
http://www.computerhope.com/software/msword.htm

Hope this helps,
Rogue
Rogue
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Mad-Friend » August 1st, 2006, 9:05 am

Hi Rogue,
okay I'll try the link/s you gave me. I'd slos just like to say thankyou for all your help. It is most appreciated.
Best wishes Trish.
Mad-Friend

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » August 5th, 2006, 2:07 pm