Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hockenheim Countdown

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Hockenheim Countdown

Unread postby Vino Rosso » July 26th, 2006, 8:17 am

No surprise there then!

BMW Sauber set to lose vertical nose fins
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 26th, 2006, 9:15 am

I read about that. Least the flexible rear and front wing on the Ferrari was legal :D
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 30th, 2006, 10:49 am

1, 2 win once again for the Ferrari. :D

This season is reminding me more and more like 1998 when Schumi was I think 15 points behind Hakkinen. And it went down to the last race in Japan. Which Schumi lost.

The question is. Will Alonso cope with this new pressure? Or will he flop? Whatever happens. Great season! :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Vino Rosso » July 30th, 2006, 2:59 pm

After watching the qualifying I think the result today was fairly predictable. So much so that I agreed to a day trip out in the countryside and will watch the highlights later tonight. At least I got some brownie points! ;)
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby TeMerc » July 30th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Yes, things certainly appear to be looking good for the Scuderia.

And with only 6 races remaining it will indeed be a terrific finish. You almost have to wonder how long it's going to take for Renault to figure out what they need to do, short of changing tire manufacturer of course.

And based on comments by the Speed channel analysts, the last remaining races will favor Bridgstone!!

Should be fun.
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 30th, 2006, 6:39 pm

It will be interesting. With the experience the Scuderia have. You would not bet against them.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » July 30th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Yeah... Reneault was definately a non-factor in this race. They're going to have to do something soon.

But I think the race could have ended up differently had Mclaren's pit strategy for Kimi was different. I mean... pulling him in for fuel after just 9 laps had been done? :shock:

Someone had a brainfart.

And poor Jaques... he hit that tire barrier hard.

Just have to say too... I miss the old Hockenheimring. The course is still fast, yes... but it just doesn't have the same character of what it used to be.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » July 30th, 2006, 6:46 pm

'KotaGuy wrote:But I think the race could have ended up differently had Mclaren's pit strategy for Kimi was different. I mean... pulling him in for fuel after just 9 laps had been done? :shock:

Someone had a brainfart.

That happend in Qualy. Hence why he was on pole. The fuel pimp registerd as double fuel, so the british commentary was saying. And DC (old mclaren driver) said that too. So he was light on fuel to start.

'KotaGuy wrote:Just have to say too... I miss the old Hockenheimring. The course is still fast, yes... but it just doesn't have the same character of what it used to be.

Same here. Going in the forest etc. I liked it.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » July 30th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Ahhh... I didn't get the chance to watch the Qualy.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby TeMerc » July 31st, 2006, 5:50 pm

Found this via digg, cool F1 Honda display by an artist:

http://ueba.net/hosted_pages/Suspended- ... r-20060730
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Vino Rosso » July 31st, 2006, 6:05 pm

TeMerc... now that is cool! To see that would almost be as good as being at a race.... well, maybe not Monaco.
(Claim to fame... I've driven around the Monaco circuit, several times, but only in a hire car :cry: )
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby TeMerc » August 1st, 2006, 3:06 am

Hmmm......some fodder for my Michelin tire theory:

Tyre supplier Michelin’s total formula one withdrawal in a little over three months could be starting to affect the outcome of the 2006 world championship fight.

‘AS’ newspaper in Spain reports that Gerald Brussoz, formerly in charge of tyre development at Michelin, is now ensconced in a role at Ferrari. His job is to oversee the integration of the red chassis with its Bridgestone tyres, and was responsible for a rear suspension system that was fitted to Michael Schumacher’s victorious car at Magny Cours.

Moreover, it is understood that Francois Xavier Gibert no longer attends grands prix for Michelin, which is pulling out of the sport in protest of the FIA’s ‘control tyre’ rule of 2008 and beyond.

This is really bad news specially for Renault and for other Michelin-prod teams as well. Renault definitely have the Championships on line and if Michelin didn’t bring their act together, it’s doomed for Renault. Though I think that Michelin will act more professional and would definitely like to go out of F1 on a winning note.

http://thef1blog.wordpress.com/2006/07/ ... 1-decline/
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Unread postby TeMerc » August 1st, 2006, 3:08 am

OOOPs....forgot to add:
Flav gives Michelin new wake up call - 31 July 2006
Flavio Briatore pointed the finger squarely at Renault's tyre supplier after championship leader Fernando Alonso failed to finish higher than fifth at Hockenheim.

For the third grand prix in succession, the French team was beaten by the Bridgestone-shod Ferrari package in Germany, following Renault principal Briatore's earlier insistence that Michelin should 'wake up'.

'Today everyone could see that we had blisters on the tyres,' Briatore told German television, after reportedly instructing mechanics to lay the damaged Michelins at the rear of the pits for all - including the media - to see.

The Italian chief continued: 'With a problem like that you can hardly drive the car.

'The Michelins must function, or you have nothing.'

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=16526
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » August 1st, 2006, 12:46 pm

Yeah... Reneault was not happy with the Michelins performance. So much so that they kept the bad sets of tires in plain view and didn't cover them up. Something which just isn't done in F1.

That alone sent a huge message out.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » August 2nd, 2006, 1:47 pm

AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions