Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Need help

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 16th, 2006, 10:10 pm

I have picked up a virus (or several) and have been trying to get rid of them for about a week. My 1st indication was that my windows background picture disappeared. I believe it may have started with a virus called Spysheriff (which I did not install). It produced a red ball with a "x" on the taskbar. My worst problem has been that I was notified by my high speed carrier that my computer was used to send out spam. As I was trying to fix my problems the next day, Norton messaged began popping up telling me that email messages had been rejected by my internet service. I have run several spyware removal and virus removal programs, but I can't seem to get the last of it.

I currently have 2 basic symptoms:
1) Every time the computer restarts I get the following message in a windows text box: "Windows cannot find: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00021"
2) I keep getting shut down to a blue screen with white lettering that starts out "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." Much more that I don't really understand follows. Upon restart, I get the send error report message from windows. If I let it send it tells me that I have a problem with the video settings and I should either: "1. Install the most current driver for your video card. or 2. Manually decrease hardware acceleration for your video adapter."
I always get the blue screen when I try to do certain things (install new security update from Microsoft, Install latest version of Explorer) and randamly when on the web.

I was constantly catching new viruses with Norton and some other programs I installed to try and get rid of things, but not now. I had also lost my windows firewall, but I recently got that back from trying some of the things from what looked like a similar situation I found posted here (http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... d632916883). I also got back control of my windows background somewhere along the way.

HijackThis log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:08:08 PM, on 7/16/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
d:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\ZipToA.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1106439883\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe
D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
D:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
D:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\Gigabyte Windows Utility Manager\gwum.exe
C:\Program Files\Terminator\TV7131 Utilities\P3XRCtl.exe
c:\program files\common files\aol\1106439883\ee\services\antiSpywareApp\ver2_0_27_1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
c:\program files\common files\aol\1106439883\ee\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\shellmon.exe
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00021.exe"
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", ""); (C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - c:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1106439883\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Quick TV Agent] C:\Program Files\Terminator\Quick TV\Scheduled.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "D:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - Global Startup: gwum.lnk = C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\Gigabyte Windows Utility Manager\gwum.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Iomega Startup.lnk = D:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\STARTNT.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Refresh.lnk = D:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\refresh.exe
O4 - Global Startup: TV Remote Control.lnk = C:\Program Files\Terminator\TV7131 Utilities\P3XRCtl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {13EC55CF-D993-475B-9ACA-F4A384957956} (Controller Class) - https://www.windowsonecare.com/install/ ... bAgent.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 2980446140
O16 - DPF: {B49C4597-8721-4789-9250-315DFBD9F525} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/radio/ampx/a ... _en_dl.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: twpkad - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: InCD File System Service (InCDsrv) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ZipToA - Unknown owner - d:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\ZipToA.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Active Disk (_IOMEGA_ACTIVE_DISK_SERVICE_) - Iomega Corporation - C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Active Disk (_IOMEGA_ACTIVE_DISK_SERVICE_) - Iomega Corporation - C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe

Thanks in advance for any help.
Shaun83

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Kimberly » July 17th, 2006, 12:32 am

Hello Shaun83,

1) Every time the computer restarts I get the following message in a windows text box: "Windows cannot find: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00021"
2) I keep getting shut down to a blue screen with white lettering that starts out "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." Much more that I don't really understand follows. Upon restart, I get the send error report message from windows. If I let it send it tells me that I have a problem with the video settings and I should either: "1. Install the most current driver for your video card. or 2. Manually decrease hardware acceleration for your video adapter."
I always get the blue screen when I try to do certain things (install new security update from Microsoft, Install latest version of Explorer) and randamly when on the web.

You actually had a keylogger on your system as shown by the ibm00021.exe file. The keylogger is very often seen with a spambot (which was your case) and hidden by a rootkit - which might explain the blue screen. The load entry is still present, that's why you get the error msg at boot. We will fix that.

Winlogon Notify: twpkad indicates the presence of Haxdoor, a rootkit. It's possible that it is still active.

More info about the keylogger:
http://research.sunbelt-software.com/th ... atid=42057

First step to take :

Although the file seems to be deleted, You are strongly advised to do the following immediately:

1. Disconnect infected computer from the internet and from any networked computers until the computer can be cleaned.

2. Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.

3. From a clean computer, change *all* your online passwords -- for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups you belong to.

Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passords and transaction information.

and what ever else seems appropriate.

I would like to see what else might be present on your system before posting cleanup instructions. Please create the requested logs below. Thanks.

Run HijackThis, click on Open the Misc Tools Section, put a checkmark in List also minor sections and List empty sections. Click on Generate StartupList log, anwser Yes and copy/paste the content in your reply.
Click Back and Click on Scan. When the scan is finished, click Save Log and paste the content in your reply.

Download WinPFind.zip to your Desktop or to your usual Download Folder.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winpfind.php
Extract it to your C:\ folder. This will create a folder called WinPFind in the C:\ folder.

Open the C:\WinPFind folder and double-click on WinPFind.exe.
Click on Configure Scan Options.
Remove all the checkmarks under Folder Options on the left side by clicking the button Remove All, uncheck Run Addon's and click Apply.
Click on the Start Scan button and wait for it to finish.

Please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log file named C:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt. Please copy that log into your next reply.

Make sure that you can see hidden files.
  1. Click Start.
  2. Click My Computer.
  3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  4. Select the View Tab.
  5. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
  6. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  7. Click Yes to confirm.
  8. Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
  9. Click OK.
Using Windows Explorer, go to C:\Windows
Find System.ini
Right click it and select open with...notepad
Make sure "always use selected program to open this kind of file" is UNCHECKED!

Copy and paste results here.

exit system.ini file.

Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.zip
Extract all the files to your Destop. A folder named SmitfraudFix will be created on your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press Enter
This program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other options until you are asked to do so!

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
  • Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      • Extended (If available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
      • Scan Archives
      • Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Download haxfix.exe
and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on haxfix.exe to install haxfix. (standard installation path is c:\program Files\haxfix)
  • Checkmark "Create a desktop icon"
  • Click "Next"
  • When the installation is completed, make sure that the checkmark "Launch HaxFix" is placed
  • Click "Finish"
A red "dos window" (dos box) will open with options:
1. Make logfile
2. Run auto fix
3. Run manual fix
E. Exit Haxfix
  • Select option 1. Make logfile by typing 1 and then pressing Enter
  • Haxfix will start scanning the computer. When it is finished a logfile will open: haxlog.txt > (c:\haxfix.txt)
  • Copy the contents of that logfile and paste it into this thread.

Please post:
  1. Startuplist
  2. Hijackthis log
  3. Winpfind log
  4. System.ini content
  5. C:\rapport.txt
  6. Kaspersky Scan
  7. c:\haxfix.txt
You might need several replies to post the logs otherwise they might get cut off.

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 1:00 am

I think this is what you asked for:

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XB2E8EAF6, 0XF5E0396C, 0X00000000)

I will begin working on the rest of the list.

Thanks for the help.
Shaun
Shaun83

1. Startuplist

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 1:11 am

StartupList report, 7/17/2006, 1:05:44 AM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
* Using default options
* Including empty and uninteresting sections
* Showing rarely important sections
==================================================

Running processes:

c:\program files\common files\aol\1106439883\ee\services\antiSpywareApp\ver2_0_27_1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
*No files*

Shell folders AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Startup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
gwum.lnk = C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\Gigabyte Windows Utility Manager\gwum.exe
Iomega Startup.lnk = D:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\STARTNT.EXE
Microsoft Office.lnk = D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
Refresh.lnk = D:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\refresh.exe
TV Remote Control.lnk = C:\Program Files\Terminator\TV7131 Utilities\P3XRCtl.exe

Shell folders Common AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Common Startup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Alternate Common Startup:
*Folder not found*

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry key not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry value not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry key not found*

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

SoundMan = SOUNDMAN.EXE
HostManager = C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1106439883\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
AOLDialer = C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
NVMixerTray = "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
Quick TV Agent = C:\Program Files\Terminator\Quick TV\Scheduled.exe
NeroCheck = C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
InCD = D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
QuickTime Task = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
ADUserMon = C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
Iomega Drive Icons = d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
Deskup = d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
type32 = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
IntelliPoint = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
IPHSend = C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
ccApp = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
THGuard = "D:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe"
Windows Defender = "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
ATICCC = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

MSMSGS = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
ctfmon.exe = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
AOL Fast Start = "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\AOL.EXE" -b

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[OptionalComponents]
*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
*No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
*No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
*Registry key not found*

File association entry for .EXE:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .COM:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .BAT:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .PIF:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .SCR:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" /S

File association entry for .HTA:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

File association entry for .TXT:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
(* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigIE

[>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}MICROS] *
StubPath = RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP

[>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{44BBA842-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015B}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Install.PerUser.NT

[{4b218e3e-bc98-4770-93d3-2731b9329278}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection MarketplaceLinkInstall 896 %systemroot%\inf\ie.inf

[{5945c046-1e7d-11d1-bc44-00c04fd912be}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.QuietInstall.PerUser

[{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp10.inf,PerUserStub

[{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\ie4uinit.exe

[{89B4C1CD-B018-4511-B0A1-5476DBF70820}] *
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscories.dll,Install

Enumerating ICQ Agent Autostart apps:
HKCU\Software\Mirabilis\ICQ\Agent\Apps

*Registry key not found*

Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00021.exe"
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.exe: not hidden
.com: not hidden
.bat: not hidden
.hta: not hidden
.scr: not hidden
.shs: HIDDEN!
.shb: HIDDEN!
.vbs: not hidden
.vbe: not hidden
.wsh: not hidden
.scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
.url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.js: not hidden
.jse: not hidden

Verifying REGEDIT.EXE integrity:

- Regedit.exe found in C:\WINDOWS
- .reg open command is normal (regedit.exe %1)
- Company name OK: 'Microsoft Corporation'
- Original filename OK: 'REGEDIT.EXE'
- File description: 'Registry Editor'

Registry check passed

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - c:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
(no name) - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}
Norton Internet Security 2006 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1}
NAV Helper - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

MP Scheduled Scan.job
Norton AntiVirus - Run Full System Scan - Shaun Egan.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Microsoft XML Parser for Java]
CODEBASE = file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\classes\xmldso.cab
OSD = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\Microsoft XML Parser for Java.osd

[Controller Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINSSWEBAGENT.DLL
CODEBASE = https://www.windowsonecare.com/install/ ... bAgent.CAB

[Symantec Download Manager]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\symdlmgr.dll
CODEBASE = https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab

[MUWebControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
CODEBASE = http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 2980446140

[Java Plug-in 1.4.1_02]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\bin\npjpi141_02.dll
CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.4 ... s-i586.cab

[IWinAmpActiveX Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nullsoft\ActiveX\2.6\AmpX.dll
CODEBASE = http://cdn.digitalcity.com/radio/ampx/a ... _en_dl.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.4.1_02]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\bin\npjpi141_02.dll
CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.4 ... s-i586.cab

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8.ocx
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... wflash.cab

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
NameSpace #2: C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
NameSpace #3: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #1: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #4: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
Protocol #5: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
Protocol #6: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #7: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #8: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #9: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #10: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #11: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #12: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #13: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #14: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #15: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #16: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #17: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #19: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll

Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

SAA7131 TV Card: System32\DRIVERS\SAA713x.sys (autostart)
Microsoft ACPI Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys (system)
Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller: system32\drivers\aec.sys (manual start)
AFD Networking Support Environment: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys (system)
Service for WDM 3D Audio Driver: system32\drivers\ALCXSENS.SYS (manual start)
Service for Realtek AC97 Audio (WDM): system32\drivers\ALCXWDM.SYS (manual start)
Alerter: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (disabled)
Application Layer Gateway Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\alg.exe (manual start)
AMD K7 Processor Driver: System32\DRIVERS\amdk7.sys (system)
AOL Connectivity Service: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe" (autostart)
AOL TopSpeed Monitor: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe (autostart)
Application Management: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
ASP.NET State Service: %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe (manual start)
RAS Asynchronous Media Driver: System32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys (manual start)
Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller: System32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys (system)
Ati HotKey Poller: %SystemRoot%\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (autostart)
ATI Smart: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe (autostart)
ati2mtag: System32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys (manual start)
ATI WDM Rage Theater Video: System32\DRIVERS\atinrvxx.sys (manual start)
ATM ARP Client Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys (manual start)
Windows Audio: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Audio Stub Driver: System32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys (manual start)
Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe" (autostart)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Computer Browser: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Philips Cap713x Video Capture: System32\DRIVERS\Cap713x.sys (manual start)
Closed Caption Decoder: System32\DRIVERS\CCDECODE.sys (manual start)
Symantec Event Manager: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe" (autostart)
Symantec Internet Security Password Validation: "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe" (manual start)
Symantec Network Proxy: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe" (autostart)
Symantec Settings Manager: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe" (autostart)
CD-ROM Driver: System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys (system)
Indexing Service: C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe (manual start)
ClipBook: %SystemRoot%\system32\clipsrv.exe (disabled)
.NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe (manual start)
COM Host: "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe" (manual start)
COM+ System Application: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235} (manual start)
Cryptographic Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
DCOM Server Process Launcher: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch (autostart)
DHCP Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Disk Driver: System32\DRIVERS\disk.sys (system)
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\dmadmin.exe /com (manual start)
dmboot: System32\drivers\dmboot.sys (disabled)
dmio: System32\drivers\dmio.sys (disabled)
dmload: System32\drivers\dmload.sys (disabled)
Logical Disk Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel DLS Syntheiszer: system32\drivers\DMusic.sys (manual start)
DNS Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler: system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys (manual start)
dvd43llh: System32\DRIVERS\dvd43llh.sys (manual start)
Symantec Eraser Control driver: \??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl.sys (system)
Error Reporting Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Event Log: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
COM+ Event System: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Fast User Switching Compatibility: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Floppy Disk Controller Driver: System32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys (manual start)
Floppy Disk Driver: System32\DRIVERS\flpydisk.sys (manual start)
FltMgr: system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys (system)
Volume Manager Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys (system)
Game Port Enumerator: System32\DRIVERS\gameenum.sys (manual start)
Generic Packet Classifier: System32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys (manual start)
Help and Support: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Human Interface Device Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
hpt3xx: system32\drivers\hpt3xx.sys (system)
hptpro: system32\drivers\hptpro.sys (system)
HTTP: System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys (manual start)
HTTP SSL: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter (manual start)
i8042 Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse Port Driver: System32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys (system)
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service: C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (manual start)
InCdPass: System32\DRIVERS\InCDPass.sys (system)
InCD File System Service: D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe (autostart)
Iomega Devices Disk Filter Services: System32\DRIVERS\iomdisk.sys (system)
Iomega Activity Disk2: "" (disabled)
Iomega App Services: "C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe" (autostart)
IPv6 Windows Firewall Driver: system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys (manual start)
IP Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys (manual start)
IP in IP Tunnel Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys (manual start)
IP Network Address Translator: System32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys (manual start)
IPSEC driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys (system)
IR Enumerator Service: System32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys (manual start)
PnP ISA/EISA Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys (system)
Keyboard Class Driver: System32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys (system)
Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer: system32\drivers\kmixer.sys (manual start)
Server: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Workstation: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
LiveUpdate: "C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE" (manual start)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
MarkFun_NT: \??\C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\Gigabyte Windows Utility Manager\markfun.w32 (manual start)
Machine Debug Manager: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe" (autostart)
Messenger: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe (manual start)
Mouse Class Driver: System32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys (system)
WebDav Client Redirector: System32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys (manual start)
MRXSMB: System32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys (system)
Distributed Transaction Coordinator: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe (manual start)
Windows Installer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /V (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys (manual start)
Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver: System32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter: system32\drivers\MSTEE.sys (manual start)
ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec: System32\DRIVERS\atinmdxx.sys (manual start)
NABTS/FEC VBI Codec: System32\DRIVERS\NABTSFEC.sys (manual start)
Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service: C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe (autostart)
NAVENG: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\VIRUSD~1\20060716.006\NAVENG.Sys (manual start)
NAVEX15: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\VIRUSD~1\20060716.006\NavEx15.Sys (manual start)
Microsoft TV/Video Connection: System32\DRIVERS\NdisIP.sys (manual start)
Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys (manual start)
NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys (manual start)
Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys (manual start)
NetBIOS Interface: System32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys (system)
NetBios over Tcpip: System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys (system)
Network DDE: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
Network DDE DSDM: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
Net Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (manual start)
Network Connections: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Network Location Awareness (NLA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Norton Protection Center Service: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE" (manual start)
NT LM Security Support Provider: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (manual start)
Removable Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
nvatabus: System32\DRIVERS\nvatabus.sys (system)
Service for NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Enumerator: system32\drivers\nvax.sys (manual start)
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Driver: System32\DRIVERS\NVENET.sys (manual start)
Service for NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio: system32\drivers\nvapu.sys (manual start)
NVIDIA nForce AGP Bus Filter: System32\DRIVERS\nv_agp.sys (system)
IPX Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys (manual start)
IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys (manual start)
Parallel port driver: System32\DRIVERS\parport.sys (manual start)
PCI Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\pci.sys (system)
PCIIde: System32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys (system)
Low level access layer for CD devices: System32\Drivers\Pcouffin.sys (manual start)
Padus ASPI Shell: system32\drivers\pfc.sys (manual start)
Plug and Play: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
Microsoft IntelliPoint Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\point32.sys (manual start)
IPSEC Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (autostart)
WAN Miniport (PPTP): System32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys (manual start)
Processor Driver: System32\DRIVERS\processr.sys (system)
Protected Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
QoS Packet Scheduler: System32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (manual start)
Direct Parallel Link Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys (manual start)
PxHelp20: System32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys (system)
Casio Digital Camera: System32\DRIVERS\qv2kux.sys (manual start)
Remote Access Auto Connection Driver: System32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys (system)
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
WAN Miniport (L2TP): System32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys (manual start)
Remote Access Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Remote Access PPPOE Driver: System32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys (manual start)
Direct Parallel: System32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys (manual start)
Rdbss: System32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (system)
RDPCDD: System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys (system)
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (manual start)
Digital CD Audio Playback Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys (system)
Routing and Remote Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator: %SystemRoot%\System32\locator.exe (manual start)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss (autostart)
QoS RSVP: %SystemRoot%\System32\rsvp.exe (manual start)
Security Accounts Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
SAVRT: \??\C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVRT.SYS (system)
SAVRTPEL: \??\C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVRTPEL.SYS (system)
Symantec AVScan: "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe" (manual start)
Smart Card: %SystemRoot%\System32\SCardSvr.exe (manual start)
Task Scheduler: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Secdrv: System32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys (autostart)
Secondary Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
System Event Notification: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Serenum Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys (manual start)
Serial port driver: System32\DRIVERS\serial.sys (system)
Shell Hardware Detection: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
BDA Slip De-Framer: System32\DRIVERS\SLIP.sys (manual start)
Symantec Network Drivers Service: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe" (autostart)
SPBBCDrv: \??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCDrv.sys (system)
Symantec SPBBCSvc: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe" (autostart)
Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter: system32\drivers\splitter.sys (manual start)
Print Spooler: %SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
System Restore Filter Driver: \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\sr.sys (disabled)
System Restore Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Srv: System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys (manual start)
SSDP Discovery Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc (manual start)
BDA IPSink: System32\DRIVERS\StreamIP.sys (manual start)
Software Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer: system32\drivers\swmidi.sys (manual start)
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{EA1ADD58-C0D0-4E71-ABF0-A26FC464854D} (manual start)
Symantec Core LC: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe" (autostart)
SYMDNS: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SYMDNS.SYS (manual start)
SymEvent: \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS (manual start)
SYMFW: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SYMFW.SYS (manual start)
SYMIDS: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SYMIDS.SYS (manual start)
SYMIDSCO: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SymcData\idsdefs\20060710.095\symidsco.sys (manual start)
symlcbrd: \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\symlcbrd.sys (autostart)
SYMNDIS: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SYMNDIS.SYS (manual start)
SYMREDRV: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SYMREDRV.SYS (manual start)
SYMTDI: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SYMTDI.SYS (system)
SymWMI Service: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe (autostart)
Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device: system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys (manual start)
Performance Logs and Alerts: %SystemRoot%\system32\smlogsvc.exe (manual start)
Telephony: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
TCP/IP Protocol Driver: System32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys (system)
Terminal Device Driver: System32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys (system)
Terminal Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost -k DComLaunch (manual start)
Themes: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Distributed Link Tracking Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
twpkbd TCP: system32\twpkbd.sys (system)
Windows User Mode Driver Framework: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe (autostart)
Microcode Update Driver: System32\DRIVERS\update.sys (manual start)
Universal Plug and Play Device Host: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
Uninterruptible Power Supply: %SystemRoot%\System32\ups.exe (manual start)
Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver: System32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys (manual start)
USB2 Enabled Hub: System32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys (manual start)
Microsoft USB Open Host Controller Miniport Driver: System32\DRIVERS\usbohci.sys (manual start)
USB Mass Storage Driver: System32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS (manual start)
VGA Display Controller.: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys (system)
Volume Shadow Copy: %SystemRoot%\System32\vssvc.exe (manual start)
Windows Time: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Remote Access IP ARP Driver: System32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys (manual start)
WAN Miniport (ATW): System32\DRIVERS\wanatw4.sys (manual start)
WAN Miniport (ATW) Service: "C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe" (autostart)
Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver: system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys (manual start)
WebClient: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
Windows Defender Service: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe" (autostart)
Windows Management Instrumentation: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Portable Media Serial Number Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
WMI Performance Adapter: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (manual start)
%WMIBIOS.ServiceName%: System32\Drivers\wmibios.sys (manual start)
WMIINFO Driver: System32\Drivers\wmiinfo.sys (manual start)
World Standard Teletext Codec: System32\DRIVERS\WSTCODEC.SYS (manual start)
Automatic Updates: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Wireless Zero Configuration: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Network Provisioning Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
ZyDAS ZD1211B IEEE 802.11 b+g Wireless LAN Driver (USB)(ZyDAS): system32\DRIVERS\zd1211Bu.sys (manual start)
ZDPSp50 NDIS Protocol Driver: System32\Drivers\ZDPSp50.sys (manual start)
ZipToA: d:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\ZipToA.exe (autostart)
Iomega Active Disk: "C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe" (autostart)
Iomega Active Disk: "C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe" (autostart)

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
*No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
PendingFileRenameOperations: *Registry value not found*

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

End of report, 39,715 bytes
Report generated in 0.172 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only
Shaun83

2. Hijackthis log

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 1:13 am

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:08:25 AM, on 7/17/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00021.exe"
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", ""); (C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - c:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1106439883\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Quick TV Agent] C:\Program Files\Terminator\Quick TV\Scheduled.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "D:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - Global Startup: gwum.lnk = C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\Gigabyte Windows Utility Manager\gwum.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Iomega Startup.lnk = D:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\STARTNT.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Refresh.lnk = D:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\refresh.exe
O4 - Global Startup: TV Remote Control.lnk = C:\Program Files\Terminator\TV7131 Utilities\P3XRCtl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {13EC55CF-D993-475B-9ACA-F4A384957956} (Controller Class) - https://www.windowsonecare.com/install/ ... bAgent.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 2980446140
O16 - DPF: {B49C4597-8721-4789-9250-315DFBD9F525} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/radio/ampx/a ... _en_dl.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: twpkad - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: InCD File System Service (InCDsrv) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ZipToA - Unknown owner - d:\Program Files\Iomega\ToolsNT\ZipToA.exe
Shaun83

3. Winpfind log

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 1:20 am

WARNING: not all files found by this scanner are bad. Consult with a knowledgable person before proceeding.

If you see a message in the titlebar saying "Not responding..." you can ignore it. Windows somethimes displays this message due to the high volume of disk I/O. As long as the hard disk light is flashing, the program is still working properly.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Windows OS and Versions »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Product Name: Microsoft Windows XP Current Build: Service Pack 2 Current Build Number: 2600
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Standard Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Startup Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Registry Keys »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
SV1 =

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With
{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{FAD61B3D-699D-49B2-BE16-7F82CB4C59CA} = C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TrojanHunter
{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9} = d:\PROGRA~1\TROJAN~1.5\contmenu.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}
Start Menu Pin = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{FAD61B3D-699D-49B2-BE16-7F82CB4C59CA} = C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TrojanHunter

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing
{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} = ntshrui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TrojanHunter

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{0D2E74C4-3C34-11d2-A27E-00C04FC30871}
= %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F01-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F02-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{66742402-F9B9-11D1-A202-0000F81FEDEE}

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
AcroIEHlprObj Class = c:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}
= D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1}
CNisExtBho Class = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD}
CNavExtBho Class = C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{4D5C8C25-D075-11d0-B416-00C04FB90376}
&Tip of the Day = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{FE54FA40-D68C-11d2-98FA-00C0F0318AFE}
Real.com = C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBar]
{4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} = :
{0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} = Norton Internet Security 2006 : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
{C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C}
ButtonText = AOL Toolbar :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE}
ButtonText = Real.com :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683}
ButtonText = Messenger : C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}
=
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{EFA24E64-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}
Explorer Band = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = :
{0494D0D9-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC} = :
{C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{0E5CBF21-D15F-11D0-8301-00AA005B4383} = &Links : %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
{0B53EAC3-8D69-4B9E-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} = Norton Internet Security 2006 : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = :
{4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} = :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
SoundMan SOUNDMAN.EXE
HostManager C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1106439883\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
AOLDialer C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
NVMixerTray "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
Quick TV Agent C:\Program Files\Terminator\Quick TV\Scheduled.exe
NeroCheck C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
InCD D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
QuickTime Task "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
ADUserMon C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
Iomega Drive Icons d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
Deskup d:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
type32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
IntelliPoint "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
IPHSend C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
ccApp "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
THGuard "D:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe"
Windows Defender "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
ATICCC "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]
IMAIL Installed = 1
MAPI Installed = 1
MSFS Installed = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
MSMSGS "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
ctfmon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
AOL Fast Start "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\AOL.EXE" -b

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\load]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Attachments
ScanWithAntiVirus 2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\NonEnum
{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} = C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\WEBFOL~1\MSONSEXT.DLL
{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF} =
{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1} =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
dontdisplaylastusername 0
legalnoticecaption
legalnoticetext
shutdownwithoutlogon 1
undockwithoutlogon 1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ActiveDesktop

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun 145

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System
DisableRegistryTools 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad]
PostBootReminder {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} = %SystemRoot%\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153} = C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
Shell = explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00021.exe"
System =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\AtiExtEvent
= Ati2evxx.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain
= crypt32.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet
= cryptnet.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll
= cscdll.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy
= sclgntfy.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn
= WlNotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\twpkad
=

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon
= WgaLogon.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon
= wlnotify.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path
Debugger = ntsd -d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
AppInit_DLLs

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scan Complete »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
WinPFind v1.4.1 - Log file written to "WinPFind.Txt" in the WinPFind folder.
Scan completed on 7/17/2006 1:18:02 AM
Shaun83

4. System.ini content & 5. c:\Rapport.txt

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 1:32 am

4. System.ini content

; for 16-bit app support

[drivers]
wave=mmdrv.dll
timer=timer.drv

[mci]
[driver32]
[386enh]
woafont=dosapp.FON
EGA80WOA.FON=EGA80WOA.FON
EGA40WOA.FON=EGA40WOA.FON
CGA80WOA.FON=CGA80WOA.FON
CGA40WOA.FON=CGA40WOA.FON

5. c:\Rapport.txt

SmitFraudFix v2.72

Scan done at 1:27:13.10, Mon 07/17/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
Fix ran in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\SHAUNE~1\FAVORI~1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End
Shaun83

Unread postby Kimberly » July 17th, 2006, 1:35 am

Hello Shaun83,

I think this is what you asked for:

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XB2E8EAF6, 0XF5E0396C, 0X00000000)

Exactly. :)
That's caused by the Haxdoor rootkit indeed. Once we succeed in removing it, the bluescreens will stop.

Awaiting the rest of the logs and then we'll fix it up. :)

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Kaspersky Scan

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 2:40 am

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, July 17, 2006 2:35:28 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.83.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 17/07/2006
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 207808
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 55636
Number of viruses found: 2
Number of infected objects: 4 / 0
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 00:34:07

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\ACS\1.0\ph Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\ACS\1.0\variable Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\idb\APP10575.LST Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\idb\SHAUN5142\mydb.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\idb\SHAUN5142\style.lst Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\idb\SHAUN5142\toolbar.lst Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\idb\SNMaster.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\organize\CACHE\shaun5101 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\organize\shaun5142 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\organize\shaun5142.abi Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\organize\shaun5142.aby Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\ShopAssist\DataStore\global\clientcache.adb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\ShopAssist\DataStore\users\SHAUN5142.adb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aolstderr.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aolstdout.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.lock Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\cache.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\server.lock Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\UserProfiles\All Users\cls\common.cls Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support\WDLog-07152006-022418.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Confid.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Content.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Privacy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Restrict.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\WebHist.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\HPPAppActivity.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\HPPHomePageActivity.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2006-07-17_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\IDB\Apps.Lst Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\IDB\art.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\IDB\sap.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\IDB\spool.lst Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0a\IDB\sysnews.lst Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\Cache\_CACHE_001_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\Cache\_CACHE_002_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\Cache\_CACHE_003_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\cert8.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\history.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\key3.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\8k3npe60.slt\parent.lock Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Application Data\Symantec\PendingAlertsQueue.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Local Settings\Application Data\AOL\UserProfiles\All Users\cls\common.cls Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\FileTracker\{7743B3E0-7618-4C8F-9353-BF61C12FE027} Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Shaun Egan\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AntiSpam\Log\Spam.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsys.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBConfig.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBDebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBDetect.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBNotify.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBRefr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetCfg.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetCfg2.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetDev.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetLoc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetUsr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSMNot.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSMReg.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSMRSt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBStHash.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBStMSI.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBValid.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\SPPolicy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\SPStart.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\SPStop.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Savrt\0912NAV~.TMP Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Savrt\0982NAV~.TMP Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{BDD0D8CE-E8D0-499C-AF5A-5F68261881A7}.bin Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ACEEvent.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\zq.dll Infected: Backdoor.Win32.Haxdoor.jh skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
D:\Program Files\Winamp\eMusic\Uninst-eMusic-promotion.exe/stream/data0002 Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.n skipped
D:\Program Files\Winamp\eMusic\Uninst-eMusic-promotion.exe/stream Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.n skipped
D:\Program Files\Winamp\eMusic\Uninst-eMusic-promotion.exe NSIS: infected - 2 skipped
D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.
Shaun83

7. c:\haxfix.txt

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 2:50 am

HAXFIX logfile - by Marckie
Mon 07/17/2006 2:46:05.14

checking for haxdoor
--------------------
checking for a3d files....
a3d files found
ps.a3d
seDS.a3d

checking for matching notify keys....
no matching notify keys found

checking for matching services....
no matching services found

checking for matching safeboot services....
no matching safeboot services found

Checking for goldun
-------------------
checking for notify keys....
no notify keys found

checking for services....
no services found

Finished
Shaun83

Unread postby Kimberly » July 17th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Hello Shaun83,

Haxfix doesn't seem to detect it although the service is still present in your startup list. Normally we should see 2 services so it's possible that it isn't active anymore. We need to doublecheck tho. I don't want to fix the winlogon key for know until haxdoor is completely gone.

Download Gmer from here:

http://www.gmer.net/gmer.zip
Disconnect from internet and close running programs.
There is a small chance this app may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double click gmer.exe
Let the gmer.sys driver load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...say Ok.
If no warning....
Click "rootkit" tab and click "scan"
Wait for scan to finish.

Once done click "copy"
Open Notepad and hit "ctrl+v" to paste log.
Reconnect to internet and post log please.

Download Bobbi Flekman's RegSearch from
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/regsearch.php

Create a folder for RegSearch on the C: drive called C:\RegSearch. You can do this by going to My Computer then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it RegSearch. Extract all the files from the zip archive into that folder.

Open the RegSearch folder and double-click the icon for RegSearch.exe to launch the program.
Copy / Paste the following line into the Search Box:

twpkbd
On the next line enter twpkad

then hit Ok

After completion Notepad will be opened with all the found instances of the string. The resulting file is saved in the same location as RegSearch.exe.

Please post Gmer log and Regsearch log.

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

GMER

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 2:18 pm

GMER 1.0.10.10122 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit 2006-07-17 14:13:50
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

---- System - GMER 1.0.10 ----

SSDT 8389ADE8 ZwAlertResumeThread
SSDT 83877838 ZwAlertThread
SSDT 8385F9F0 ZwAllocateVirtualMemory
SSDT 838C81D8 ZwConnectPort
SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS ZwCreateKey
SSDT 838945A8 ZwCreateMutant
SSDT 837EB7A0 ZwCreateThread
SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS ZwDeleteKey
SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS ZwDeleteValueKey
SSDT 83893B58 ZwFreeVirtualMemory
SSDT 8389ABA0 ZwImpersonateAnonymousToken
SSDT 8389AD10 ZwImpersonateThread
SSDT 838A4DC8 ZwMapViewOfSection
SSDT 83894768 ZwOpenEvent
SSDT 8389A460 ZwOpenProcessToken
SSDT 8389A2E8 ZwOpenThreadToken
SSDT 838FE3A0 ZwQueryValueKey
SSDT 83894DB8 ZwResumeThread
SSDT 8389A538 ZwSetContextThread
SSDT 8389A158 ZwSetInformationProcess
SSDT 83894B80 ZwSetInformationThread
SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS ZwSetValueKey
SSDT 83894840 ZwSuspendProcess
SSDT 839F5A88 ZwSuspendThread
SSDT 83893CE8 ZwTerminateProcess
SSDT 83894448 ZwTerminateThread
SSDT 8309BDF0 ZwUnmapViewOfSection
SSDT 839E9F58 ZwWriteVirtualMemory

---- Services - GMER 1.0.10 ----

Service C:\WINDOWS\system32:lzx32.sys (*** hidden *** ) [SYSTEM] pe386 <-- ROOTKIT !!!

---- Files - GMER 1.0.10 ----

File C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase
File C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log
File D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase
File D:\System Volume Information\tracking.log

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.10 ----
Shaun83

RegSearch

Unread postby Shaun83 » July 17th, 2006, 2:30 pm

REGEDIT4

; Registry Search 2.0 by Bobbi Flekman © 2005
; Version: 2.0.1.0

; Results at 7/17/2006 2:23:49 PM for strings:
; 'twpkbd'
; 'twpkad'
; Strings excluded from search:
; (None)
; Search in:
; Registry Keys Registry Values Registry Data
; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKEY_USERS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\twpkad]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet009\Services\twpkbd]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet009\Services\twpkbd]
; Contents of value:
; system32\twpkbd.sys
"ImagePath"=hex(2):73,79,73,74,65,6d,33,32,5c,74,77,70,6b,62,64,2e,73,79,73,00
"DisplayName"="twpkbd TCP"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet009\Services\twpkbd\Security]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet010\Services\twpkbd]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet010\Services\twpkbd]
; Contents of value:
; system32\twpkbd.sys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet010\Services\twpkbd\Security]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet011\Services\twpkbd]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet011\Services\twpkbd]
; Contents of value:
; system32\twpkbd.sys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet011\Services\twpkbd\Security]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\twpkbd]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\twpkbd]
; Contents of value:
; system32\twpkbd.sys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\twpkbd\Security]

; End Of The Log...
Shaun83

Unread postby Kimberly » July 17th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Hello Shaun83,

The presence of a second rootkit is confirmed by GMER. This rootkit uses advanced techniques to hide itself. Please don't touch anything yourself. I will be posting additional instructions soon.

In meanwhile, I urge you to call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions ... change passwords from a clean computer as outlined before.

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Kimberly » July 17th, 2006, 6:00 pm

We are going to remove the pe386 rootkit first.

Please print out or copy these instructions/tutorial to Notepad as the internet will not be available to you at certain points of the removal process. Make sure to work through all the Steps in the exact order in which they are listed below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before moving on with the fixes.

Download IceSword to your Desktop or usual Download Folder - Note you will need Winrar for this. ( http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm )
http://xfocus.net/tools/200605/IceSword1.18en.rar

Doubleclick on IceSword1.18en.rar and extract all the files to your desktop.

Disconnect from internet and close running programs.

Open the IceSword1.18en folder on your desktop and doubleclick IceSword.exe.

Click the Registry button in the left pane. Navigate to the branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services.
Next, locate the following key in the left panel: pe386 as shown below.

Right click on pe386 and select delete from the popup menu.

Note: If pe386 is not present, keep following the rest of the instructions please.

Close IceSword and Reboot the PC.

Run HijackThis, click on Open the Misc Tools Section
Click on Open ADS Spy
uncheck the "Quick Scan"
Uncheck the "Ignore safe system info data streams"
Finally, click Scan button. ADS Spy will scan the system and report all the ADS present in the system. Here, select the ADS that is identical to the data that was reported by GMER. In your case this is C:\Windows\System32:lzx32.sys. So, select all the ADS in the ADS Spy search result, which match this path. And finally click Remove Selected button.

Reboot the PC.

Double click gmer.exe
Let the gmer.sys driver load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...say Ok.
If no warning....
Click "rootkit" tab and click "scan"
Wait for scan to finish.

Once done click "copy"
Open Notepad and hit "ctrl+v" to paste log.
Reconnect to internet and post log please.

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!