Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijackthis Log file

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Trogan » July 5th, 2006, 4:09 pm

No need to spend any money just yet. If you can get in and stay in Normal Mode, then thats the first positive sign.

I have two suggestions for you to try.

1) Please download this tool to try and get your internet back.
  • Download WinSock XP Fix 1.2 from here
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • You should now see a file called winsockxpfix (red + icon) on your desktop.
  • Open it
  • Click on the Fix button and let the tool run
  • When the tool has finished, reboot your computer
Check if your internet is back. Let us know.

2) Repair Winsock and TCP/IP

1. Click Start, click Run, type netsh winsock reset, and then press ENTER.
2. When the Command Prompt window flashes, restart the computer.

Warning: Programs that access or monitor the Internet, such as antivirus, firewall, or proxy clients, may be negatively affected when you run the netsh winsock reset command. If you have a program that no longer functions correctly after you use this resolution, reinstall the program to restore functionality.
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Kimberly » July 6th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Marcelo Almeida, I did move your post to the following location.
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11308

Please don't post in other people their topics. Thank you

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

no

Unread postby C_Bass33 » July 6th, 2006, 3:01 pm

The internet fix didnt work and i was using Zone labs security suite and it found a virus or trojan called Win32.sillD i forgot the rest of the name but ther you go, if that is any help and the system restore did not work either but thanks for trying
C_Bass33

Unread postby Trogan » July 7th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Please follow the instructions in the links below to uninstall Norton from your computer.

First try the instructions here

If that doesn't help, try the instructions here

Microsoft has a guide to trouble shoot networking problems here

=====

Can you let us know if the Uninstall function is working in Normal Mode?

Could you post a new HJT log, please.

Also, Run HijackThis, click on Open the Misc Tools Section, put a checkmark in List also minor sections and List empty sections. Click on Generate StartupList log, anwser Yes and copy/paste the content in your reply.
Click Back and Click on Scan. When the scan is finished, click Save Log and paste the content in your reply.
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

blah blah

Unread postby C_Bass33 » July 9th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Neither of them worked because the norton thing does not show up and the network trouble shooter didnt work either, to be honest i think the internet issue has something to do with the spyware or virus i have
C_Bass33

Unread postby Trogan » July 9th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Hi C_Bass33! For now, could you post the requested logs from my previous post...

Trogan_1000 wrote:Could you post a new HJT log, please.

Also, Run HijackThis, click on Open the Misc Tools Section, put a checkmark in List also minor sections and List empty sections. Click on Generate StartupList log, anwser Yes and copy/paste the content in your reply.
Click Back and Click on Scan. When the scan is finished, click Save Log and paste the content in your reply.

Also, the first link in my previous post is wrong. The correct link is here. Please try the instructions posted.
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » July 26th, 2006, 10:10 pm

While we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 10 days or more since we heard from you.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. This topic is now closed, if you still require assistance then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum

If you wish this topic reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous