Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I Know I have a keylogger

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

I Know I have a keylogger

Unread postby stradus » May 9th, 2006, 6:42 am

My world of warcraft account was hacked into and everything was changed around, I was deeply upset .

Once I realized I was hacked I ran the programs I have to check for anythng. Programs are ewido and microsoft anti spyware

I have heard you guys are pretty good so please let me know what I can do to get rid of this and I will follow it to the letter.
stradus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby stradus » May 9th, 2006, 6:47 am

----------I downloaded hijackthis here is my system log-----------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:46:35 AM, on 5/9/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp_ ... ch/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp_ ... .yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\fkfdf.dll/sp.html#63796%resultposition.net
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Class - {20104286-DF9D-55B7-3987-0E150B2624FB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\crbb.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_0
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O23 - Service: Network Security Service (NSS) ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\ntco32.exe" /s (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
stradus

Unread postby amateur » May 9th, 2006, 10:26 am

Hello Stradus, :)

Welcome to MR Forum. :)

Looks like you have aboutblank infection. First of all, I want you to download and install another browser. For the moment I strongly suggest NOT to use Internet Explorer, because everytime you open it, new malware is getting downloaded.
So, I want you to use Firefox instead to browse the web and download the programs listed below.
When your system is all clean, you can use your IE again.
Here you can find firefox to download: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

It may be a good idea to print these instructions so that you'll have access to them at all times, especially when you are in Safe Mode. Please read them carefully and follow them in the order they are presented.
Download HSfix.zip and unzip it to your desktop. Do not use it yet.

Download About:Buster by RubberDucky. Once it is downloaded extract it to c:\aboutbuster and check for updates. Do NOT use it yet

Download CWShredder by TrendMicro, install it, check for updates but again, don't use it yet.

Please download Ccleaner and save it to your desktop.
Tutorial for CCleaner

During the installation be sure to UN-check the box for "Ccleaner Yahoo Toolbar" unless you want it

Download and install Ewido Anti-Malware

During the installation, uncheck the following under Additional Options:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Check for updates but do not run it yet.

===============================================

We'll need to disable the realtime protection programs so that they will not interfere with the fixes:

* Disable the Norton Script Blocking Service:
" To open Services, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services.
" Find ScriptBlocking services, Right-click the service, and then click and then click Properties. On the General tab, under Startup, click Disabled.
" Under Service Status, click Stop button. Click Apply button.
* Disable the Script Blocking In Norton Settings:
" Start Norton Antivirus.
" Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click Norton Antivirus. The Norton Antivirus Options dialog box appears.
" Click Script Blocking.
" Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended).
" Click OK

MS AntiSpyware (MSAS) Beta
1. Right-click on the Microsoft Anti-Spyware icon in the system tray [it's the one with the red and yellow bulls-eye].
2. Click on "Security Agents Status".
3. Click on "Disable real-time protection".

You can reenable them afterwards when everything is all clean again.

================================================

Ensure hidden files and folders are set to show;

• Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

=======================

Please disconnect from the Internet and unplug your modem for the duration of this fix. Please make sure that you have printed the rest of these instructions.

=======================

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode by tapping F8 while booting up and continue for the rest of the fix in SAFE MODE

======================

While in safe mode, double click on the HSfix.reg file you downloaded at the beginning. Grant it permission to add the registry items.

======================

Then Open CWshredder that you downloaded in the first step. Close all browser windows and click on the fix/next button.

======================

Now run hijackthis and click the scan button, when it has finished scanning put a check against the following. Make sure that all other windows other than HijackThis are closed and click 'fix checked'

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\fkfdf.dll/sp.html#63796%resultposition.net
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: Class - {20104286-DF9D-55B7-3987-0E150B2624FB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\crbb.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Network Security Service (NSS) ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\ntco32.exe" /s (file missing)

Exit HJThis but stay on Safe Mode.

====================

Try next command via start > run, type in:

sc delete NSS . Clikc on ok

=====================

Still in Safe Mode, go to Start>Search>All Files and Folders and scrolldown using the scroll bar on the right. Go down to More advanced options.
Be sure the first three boxes are selected:
Search System folders
Search Hidden Files and folders
Search SubFolders

Type in and search for the following files and delete them, if found:

C:\WINDOWS\ntco32.exe" /s

From Safe Mode run Ccleaner

Click on Options, Select Advanced Now UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours"
Make sure the Cleaner block on the left is selected. (Do not use the "Issues" block) Choose the Windows tab.
Check everything EXCEPT Advanced part of the Menu.
Click on "Analyze". This process could take a while.
If you don't want to loose your login passwords to certain sites, click on Options, select cookies and move the ones you want to keep to the "cookies to keep" section, by highlighting and using the arrows in the middle.
Choose Run Cleaner.
When CCleaner shows how much has been removed, cleaning is finished. Click Exit.

If you have more than one users, run Ccleaner for every user.

====================

Run about buster:

Now press Windows key and E key at the same time to bring up Windows Explorer and navigate to the c:\aboutbuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe. Click Begin Removal to allow AboutBuster to scan. When it has finished, AboutBuster will open a 'Scan Completed' window. Click OK. Another information window will open. Click on Exit. AboutBuster will inform you that a log has been created. Click OK. I will need you to post that log later.

==========================================================

Run Ewido.

Click on Scanner
Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a checkmark in the lower left corner of the box that says 'Perform action with all infections' then choose clean and click OK.
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report - click it.
Save the report.txt file to your desktop.

Now close ewido security suite.

Warning: While the scan is in progress, DO NOT open any folders or the Windows Control Panel !!

Now reboot in Normal Mode.

We need to see if we need to restore some deleted files:
Please check for the following files using the Windows Search Engine:

control.exe
rundll32.exe
wmplayer.exe
msconfig.exe
notepad.exe
shell.dll
SDHelper.dll

If any are missing or not working properly then you can download new copies from Merijn's Files and follow the instructions at that site to install them where they belong for your OS.

============================================================
Reconnect to the internet. Please download

" Hoster
" Unzip Hoster.zip
" Open Hoster.exe
" Then click on "Restore Original Hosts"
" Close program when complete.
" Empty Recycle Bin
" Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread, after completing any other instructions given
Warning: if you use a customized hosts file to block certain sites then this will overwrite all those entries as well and you will need to re enter them

=============================================================

Finally, run Panda's ActiveScan and perform a full system scan.
" Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button.
" A new window will open...click the big Check Now button.
" Enter your Country.
" Enter your State/Province.
" Enter your e-mail address.
" Select either Home User or Company.
" Click the big Scan Now button.
" Allow the ActiveX component to install and download the files required for the scan. This may take a couple of minutes.
" Click on Local Disks to start the scan.
Upon scan completion, if anything malicious is detected, click See Report, then click Save Report and save it to your Desktop.

================================================================

Now reboot and run hijackthis again and post a fresh log along with the about buster log, the Ewido log and the Panda report :)
amateur
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby stradus » May 16th, 2006, 2:41 am

Hello.

Sorry about the slow reply.

here are the logs I have the ewido seems to close when Its done automatically when the scan is done.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:36:29 AM, on 5/16/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_0
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... asinst.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

========================================================

panda

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Hbmediapro Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@adopt.hbmediapro[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Adrevolver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@adrevolver[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Apmebf Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@apmebf[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@belnk[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Ccbill Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@ccbill[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@dist.belnk[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Entrepreneur Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@entrepreneur[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/MediaTickets Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@kinghost[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Maxserving Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@maxserving[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Qsrch Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@qsrch[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@realmedia[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Xiti Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@xi

========================================================================

before the ewido scan closed i saw i had 94 infections don't know if that helps.

I followed the instructions exactly.

I apperciate any further help.
stradus

Unread postby amateur » May 16th, 2006, 8:52 am

Hello Stradus, :)

Looks like you've done a very good job. :thumbright: The log is clean. Panda is reporting cookies only which is normal.

Using Windows Explorer (right click on Start, click on Explore), navigate to the following folder and delete the contents of it, but not the folder itself:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies

However, I would like to see the report from Ewido too.

ewido seems to close when Its done automatically when the scan is done.

Navigate to the directory where you saved Ewido and check to see if it saved the report in its folder. Otherwise, you can scan again (you can do that in Normal Mode this time) and make sure that you save the report and post it back. Remember to update it before you scan. When it has finished scanning, click on the radio button at the bottom that says "Save report". Save it to the desktop so that it'll be easy to find.
amateur
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » May 23rd, 2006, 11:55 pm

Glad we could be of assistance.