Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Finding Moviepass ID to cancel

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

Finding Moviepass ID to cancel

Unread postby jmcclaskey54 » April 30th, 2006, 7:22 pm

I am new to this (or any other) forum. I now have Moviepass on my machine and have 48 hrs to cancel. I have read the very helpful post by Amateur ((Fri April 14 11:12pm) that indicates the importance of calling Moviepass to cancel before removing their files in order to avoid more nastiness. To do this, I need the unique ID number which is apparently on the the pop-up that will appear demanding payment, but this will not appear (I'm betting) until the 3 day "trial period" is over (i.e when it's too late and I already "owe" them). The customer service site that is purported to allow cancellation (http://www.members.moviepass.tv/customerservice) is "not available" from my machine or any one that I have access to. How can I get the ID number, or get the pop-up to show up early? Thanks for any help. Forgive me if this is not the right place for this post.

JMc
jmcclaskey54

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » April 30th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Could try changing the date on your system.

Right click on the clock in your System Tray and choose Adjust Date/Time.

Change the date a few days ahead or whatever and see if that works.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby jmcclaskey54 » May 7th, 2006, 3:10 am

Thanks 'KotaGuy for a very good suggestion [Sound of heal of palm hitting forehead]. I tried it that day... and waited. Unfortunately, it did not work -- but neither has a Moviepass pop-up appeared since then. Perhaps it is being blocked by my security program, such as it is, although it did not seem to prevent this from happening initially. In any case, I am concerned that the malware program is still on my computer (definitely, it is) and up to no good, or that I might get something later claiming I owe them even more, as I was warned might happen. Attempts to remove it with the Add/Remove Program utility fail and yield a message threatening to send me to a website -- probably theirs where they will chastise me (or worse) for trying to thwart the "agreement" and to demand payment. Is there a better course of action?

Sorry to be so tardy in acknowledging your help - I was out of commission for a few days.

JMc
jmcclaskey54

Unread postby jmcclaskey54 » May 7th, 2006, 3:47 am

I now see that I am not supposed to be requesting this kind of help here. Please forgive. I have now found the list of sites to get such help and will go to one (or more) of those. Of course, if anyone who sees this still wishes to offer some assistance in solving my problem, please feel free. It will be appreciated.

Thanks.

JMc
jmcclaskey54

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » May 7th, 2006, 3:56 am

Hmmm... only thing I can think of is to call them and find out how to go about removing it so you don't get charged... also let them know you haven't seen the popup that contains your ID Number.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests