Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Sad Day at SpotCheckBilly's Hacienda

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 27th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your kind thoughts and your prayers. As I'm sure you are discovering, the people in the anti-malware community are a pretty close knit group: almost like family. When anyone shares news (good or bad), the folks in this community are always quick to respond. Great bunch of people!

I am hoping to be able to post better news soon. Either way, I will be providing updates as they occur.

Thanks again, everyone, for your prayers and positive thoughts.

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby JimW » April 27th, 2006, 5:42 pm

George, I hope this all works out. And if it does, next time we visit my wife's relatives in Lakewood, we'll try to stop through Valencia on our way down I-5! :D

Jim
JimW
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 28th, 2006, 2:46 am

Hey Jim,

We will be looking forward to your visit. :occasion5:

As an update: Lori is in the process of refinancing the note. She also has renegotiated her lease and the landlord cut her a substantial break. I've never met the guy, but from what she tells me, he is very easy to work with and truly would like to see her succeed. Nice to know that that type of person is still around. Too few and too far between in this day and age.

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby NonSuch » April 28th, 2006, 3:25 am

That's great news! I'm really happy for you guys. :D
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Nellie2 » April 28th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Keeping everything crossed for you and your wife, my other half is in the catering business and I know it isn't easy. That menu looks fab by the way. although a little difficult to read on the site
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 28th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Hey NonSuch and Nellie2,

Oddly enough, the catering part of the business is going very well. Go figure. These ridiculous gas prices may just be her downfall.

Both the catering menu in the regular menu are difficult to read on the site. They were both put on there as .jpg's. I'm in the process of tearing apart the regular menu, piece by piece to create mouse overs. I believe that the person who originally built the site is working on creating the catering menu in a text format rather than the image format. I haven't tried it yet, but I think that the OCR software that came with my scanner may be able to convert of menus into a text format -- much easier to enlarge and create mouse overs.

Since (if everything works out OK) I will probably take over the site maintenance, we got Dreamweaver MX, which is what was used to build the site originally. Now I just gotta figure out how to work it. LOL! Looks pretty daunting.

I'll keep everyone updated.

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Elrond » May 1st, 2006, 10:56 pm

Wonderful that it seems to work out for your wife. The son of a friend is the restaurant business in our part of New York. He is also fighting very hard to survive.
Good luck with the future.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to General Discussions