Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Malwarebytes Acquires Junkware Removal Tool

Share and discuss recent and important events about malware, privacy, or security. User contributed news. Please do not copy and paste full news stories. Please do quote the essential paragraph of the story. Provide a link to the source.

Malwarebytes Acquires Junkware Removal Tool

Unread postby capnkrunch » June 22nd, 2015, 5:08 pm

Junkware Removal Tool is consistently one of the top downloads on Bleeping Computer, Major Geeks and other download sites, and you want to check it out for yourself before we add it to the powerhouse that is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Source: Malwarebytes Unpacked
capnkrunch
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Malwarebytes Acquires Junkware Removal Tool

Unread postby Wingman » June 24th, 2015, 12:28 pm

From the MBAM Forum Admin https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.p ... /?p=970849
... The developer of the tool, Filipos Mouliatis, joins our research team and will help us integrate the JRT technologies into our mainline Malwarebytes Anti-Malware product. The tool will survive as a standalone for those who want to continue using it, at least until we're able to replicate the functionality into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Gary R » June 24th, 2015, 3:52 pm

The tool will survive as a standalone for those who want to continue using it, at least until we're able to replicate the functionality into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Which really means .... "the tool will not survive as a standalone for much longer, and as soon as we can, we'll get rid of it." ;) :D

I don't know whether I'm happy about this move or not, traditionally, all tools that get bought up and merged with a more commercial product, inevitably get watered down and become less effective, generally because a commercial product is subject to much more "legal" scrutiny than one that is freely available and used at the User's own risk.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » June 24th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Yes, tools have a way of vanishing into the ether once bought up by another company... it happened to Ewido, the Kerio Personal Firewall, and many others that I don't happen to recall at the moment. The preceding two immediately came to mind because I had purchased "lifetime" licenses for both these products. I don't do that anymore. :lol:
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby capnkrunch » June 24th, 2015, 11:57 pm

At least it's Malwarebytes that bought it; they have tradionally been the hardest on PUP's (I think) of the major vendors. Weren't they the first to start quarantining PUP's by default? Plus it's awesome that Filipos got hired onto their research team. It's so cool to see the independent developers "make it". It usually sucks for the immediate community (i.e. us) but someone as talented as Filipos obviously is can probably do more good for more people on a bigger stage.
capnkrunch
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Dokie » June 30th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Hi! My 2 cents! I hope MBAM doesn't mess up JRT! I use it all the time in my retirement village. It's a great tool for removing unwanted tool bars.
Seniors seem to get a lot of unwanted tool bars on their PC's :P
Dokie
Banned Member

Unread postby Cypher » June 30th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Dokie wrote:Seniors seem to get a lot of unwanted tool bars on their PC's :P

Seniors get a discount on them on a Wednesday :D :lol:
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Dokie » June 30th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Seniors get a discount on them on a Wednesday :D :lol:

Hi! I'm very new to your forum. They are all different and I'm learning how this forum works! Hope I get the quote thing right!
I think seniors do get a discount on tool bars :lol: . The ASK tool bar is the worst! I help the seniors in my community for free. That's my way of giving back to the community. I'm sure there are some techs that don't appreciate my free help, but they can make their $$ from those that can afford their service. JRT gets rid of the ASK tool bar. Any way it did before MBAM got involved. Let's all hope MBAM doesn't mess up a good software.
Seniors need every penny to survive these days. I'm blessed financially and I'm in good shape,(Except for COPD) so I don't need to charge for my service!
PS Seems like a friendly forum. I think I'll hang around for awhile!!
donetao!!
Dokie
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove