Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

poweliks plus others???

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: poweliks plus others???

Unread postby flip665 » March 4th, 2015, 3:27 pm

just a reminder, still no video and im getting a few (i dont remember the word) "something" on this page failed to run...like when im on msn.com or checking the local weather... i think it may be "plug in" now that i think of it... anyways, back to you wbg... oh, just got it again, an add-on for this page failed to run... no rush to these issues, just a reminder.
flip665

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 4th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Yes, there are a few plugins missing. I will get you a list of programs to download and install tonight after work.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby flip665 » March 6th, 2015, 5:21 pm

ok sir... ill check back later
flip665

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 8th, 2015, 12:46 am

Hi Phil,

Please download Delfix and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click on delfix.exe and select "Run as administrator" to run it.
  • Check the following boxes then click on Run.
    • Remove disinfection tools
  • All tools we used to clean your computer should be gone now.
  • You can now delete any tools/logs we used if they remain on your computer.

Then download and install the following:

Adobe AIR

Adobe Flash Player 16
  1. Select a version: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003
  2. Select browser : FP 16 for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI
  3. Deselect the OPTIONAL OFFER from Mcafee's
  4. Click the 'Download now' Button.

Adobe Reader XI
  1. Deselect the OPTIONAL OFFER from Mcafee's
  2. Click the 'Install now' Button.

The additional Adobe Flash download should fix your video/movie issue.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby flip665 » March 9th, 2015, 10:57 am

# DelFix v10.9 - Logfile created 09/03/2015 at 10:18:11
# Updated 27/02/2015 by Xplode
# Username : annie - ANNIE-PC
# Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\RSIT
Deleted : C:\FRST
Deleted : C:\zoek_backup
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\FRST-OlderVersion
Deleted : C:\zoek-results.log
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\Addition.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\CKScanner.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\dds.scr
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\dds.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\Extras.Txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\Fixlog.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\FRST.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\FRST.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\MiniToolBox.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\OTL.Txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\OTL.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\Result.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\RSIT.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\SecurityCheck.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\SystemLook.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\SystemLook.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\WVCheck.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\WVCheck_0014_25-01-2015.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\annie\Desktop\zoek.exe
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\OldTimer Tools
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\Hijackthis

########## - EOF - ##########

tweaking.com's registry back up is still on the desktop.. is that a tool i should keep or manually delete it...

and i dl'd the adobe stuff you suggested but still no video. it should be noted that out of habit i clicked save rather than run at the download promt. when there were no favorable results i re- did them, clicking run instead, which seems to have installed them but i still get the 'add on failed to run' label on msn and youtube. no video from facebook either... idk... running out of will power... when searched for under the windows icon the only thing that shows up under programs is adobereader 11. there are files for AIR and flash 16 but they are just install links that go the same route as when i clicked run while downloading and effect no change on video playing... also ive noticed there are no "overwrite" warnings as if you were trying to install the program twice so im just gonna stop screwing around and wait for your idea... sorry about this crap, i hope youre not as frustrated as i am...
flip665

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 9th, 2015, 2:17 pm

What type of video are you trying to watch and which browser are you using?
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby flip665 » March 11th, 2015, 12:51 pm

hey wbg, i use the stock explorer, (internet explorer, the blue "e" with the halo) and ANY kind of video. videos on youtube, vids on MSN, facebook posts, anything... the only video that works on this computer are the videos that i put in it, family stuff and such that came from a sd card...

do you think that maybe i should switch to chrome or firefox??? ive never used them though i think chrome has been put on here via auto downloads when you want something else or something of that sort...

thanks again for your patience and diligence... im getting burned out too, and i dont do this on a regular basis. must take a special kind of person.
flip665

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 11th, 2015, 1:35 pm

You have chrome installed, try it.
Also, you can reset Internet Explorer, but you need to export all of your book marks and saved settings first. If you need additional information on how to, let me know.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby flip665 » March 12th, 2015, 12:11 pm

odd, everything seems fine when i use chrome... with the exception of an instant pop up that says "avast safeprice added another program on your computer added an extension that may change the way chrome works. it can: -read and change all your data on the wevsites you visit
(button)enable extension (button)remove from chrome.

not sure if this is good or bad

and underneath it is a popup for "blur" apparently a password, payment, and privacy protection service.. ive got a screen shot but couldnt get it to post here...

anyway, not really worried about that i guess.

i could just stick with chrome as i hear internet explorer is over exploited in terms of malware and such but id like to reset it if its not to much trouble... i look into it and see what i find...

(i.e. all videos i tried while using chrome worked... weird)
flip665

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 14th, 2015, 1:07 am

Hi Phil,

Give this a try and let me know how it works. Also, I would experiment by adding bookmarks first and see if IE works normally. Then add the others one by one to see if IE keeps working normally. IF at any time IE acts up again, then you will know that the item you re-added is bad and cannot be used.

Step 1.
Export favorites to a file:

1. From a blank tab page and the menu bar, click on file, select import and export.
  2. Select Export to a file, press Next.
  3. Select Favorites, Feeds, Cookies, press Next.
  4. Select the folder that you want to export your favorites from, (Don't change) press next.
  5. Press "next" for the next 3 questions; then it should export those items to files.

Step 2.
Resetting Internet Explorer 11 To it's Default Settings

1. Close all Internet Explorer and Explorer windows that are currently open.
  2. Start Internet Explorer.
    Note If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
  3. On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt or Alt+X
  4. In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab.
  5. Tap or click Reset.
  6. Click the box: "Delete personal settings" (Unfortunately it is this item that causes most issues.)
  7. Restart your computer
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby flip665 » March 16th, 2015, 8:56 am

wannabeageek, if you're a man, you ARE THE MAN!... and if you're not.... well you're still THE MAN!!!... anyway.. at the moment I cant come up with an issue to whine about, so unless you wannabeageek and scan something else (im game) I gotta say im satisfied...

ive been online for about an hour and aside from the avast popups at startup, I don't seem to have any issues with add ons failing or video not playing or any other disapproved effect or what ever it is im trying to say... its running good to me..

I know ive said it a hundred times, but thanks... a lot...

ill check back to see what your next step is...
flip665

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 18th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for the compliments. Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby flip665 » March 19th, 2015, 4:51 pm

hey wbg... while i cant say i "read" the links in your post, i did open them and browse. a lot of that stuff i sorta knew and i do the routine maintenance like defragging and caches on occasion. the unnecessary autoruns will prove an interesting read later as im sure i could whittle down the 60 plus processes running at any given time...

thanks again for your time, your diligence, and professionalism. this experience, while frustrating and lengthy, has ended in apparent satisfaction and i hope i never have to return here... should i ever run into problems again this will be the first stop from now on... you did great, and if appreciation was a currency you would be rich from this one act of help and kindness...

you and all your peers that operate this site are ridiculously awesome and i hope it comes back around for you all...

thanks again, a million... -Flip.
flip665

Unread postby wannabeageek » March 21st, 2015, 11:29 am

And thank you for your patience and understanding of how long the process can sometimes take.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby NonSuch » March 21st, 2015, 2:04 pm

As this issue is resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!