Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I think I have a virus! (corrected)

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: I think I have a virus! (corrected)

Unread postby pgmigg » February 5th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Hello newjackridi,
Now winpatrol is telling me that an IE add-on was installed on my system called jp2ssv.dll and it wants my permission to allow it as an IE helper. What do I do? It says no description available and no company name available.
I think you need to allow it. Such kind of warning occurred very often.

Your latest set of logs appear to be clean! :cheers:
This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware.
Before I give you instructions how to keep your computer clean and secure, you need to make a few additional steps.

Step 1.
Latest Java Installation Needed!

Attention: Print these instructions or copy them. You will be closing your browser!!

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION
  1. Get the latest version (7u2) of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)... © Sun Microsystems, Inc.
  2. Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  3. Check "Accept License Agreement "
  4. Locate the entry for Windows x64 and click on the associated file name, save the file to your desktop.

INSTALL Java
  1. Close all open applications (standard), especially your browser.
  2. From desktop please right-click on jre-7u2-windows-x64.exe select "Run As Administrator..." to
    install the newest version.
  3. Follow the on-screen directions. When installation is completed successfully, reboot your computer normally.
  4. Once the computer has been restarted, you can delete the "downloaded" installation file from your desktop.

OPTIONAL:
To prevent some unnecessary JAVA components from running when you boot your computer each time...
  1. Go to Control Panel and click on the JAVA icon.
  2. Press the Update tab and UNCHECK "Check for Updates Automatically". (You can check for updates manually.)
      Reply "Never Check" to the warning prompt.
  3. Now press the Advanced tab. Press the [+] to expand the "Miscellaneous" options.
  4. UNCHECK "Java Quick Starter".
  5. Press Apply and OK, then close the Java Control Panel and exit Control Panel.

Step 2.
OTL - Run Fix Script
You should still have OTL on your desktop.
Important! Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  1. Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator..." to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
  2. Copy and Paste the following code into the Image
    text box. Do not include the word Code
    Code: Select all
    :Commands
    [EMPTYTEMP]
    [CLEARRESTOREPOINTS]

3. Click under the Custom Scan/Fixes box and paste the copied text.
  4. Click the Run Fix button. If prompted... click OK.
  5. OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.

Step 3.
OTL-Cleanup
  1. Right click on OTL.exe and select "Run As Administrator..." to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
  2. Press the CleanUp button.
  3. When done, you will be prompted to reboot your system to finish file removal, please select OK to reboot your computer.

Finally, please click HERE
to find a short guide to staying safer online.

Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby newjackridi » February 5th, 2012, 2:12 pm

There was an error with the OTL command. Here is the log below. By the way, if I have no virus, what caused my internet options to suddenly change? Remember in my first post, I couldn't reach facebook and I needed to use fixit to fix my ie options? And I noticed in the DDS log that something is "corrupted" or something? What does that mean?
Sorry for all the questions.

All processes killed
========== COMMANDS ==========

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Default
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes

User: Default User
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes

User: Parent

User: Public

User: User
->Temp folder emptied: 33071 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 7303639 bytes
->Java cache emptied: 0 bytes
->Google Chrome cache emptied: 0 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 470 bytes

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 (64bit) .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 90 bytes
%systemroot%\sysnative\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 33170 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 21449608 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 27.00 mb

Error: Unable to interpret <[CLEARRESTOREPOINTS]> in the current context!

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.31.0 log created on 02052012_130526

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt moved successfully.

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...
newjackridi

Unread postby pgmigg » February 6th, 2012, 11:22 am

Hello newjackridi,
There was an error with the OTL command.
Yes, you are right. I am sorry. :(

Please do the following:

Step 1.
Create a new, clean System Restore Point
  1. Click Start, Right Click on Computer, and select Properties.
  2. In the left pane, click System Protection -> Create.
  3. Give this restore point a descriptive name and click Create.
  4. Click Apply and OK.

Step 2.
Deleting all but the most recent System Restore Points
  1. Click Start and type cleanmgr.exe in the opened box. Then press Enter.
  2. Select the drive-letter from the list (usually System (C:)) and click OK.
  3. Click the More Options tab.
  4. Click the Clean up button under System Restore and Shadow Copies.
  5. Click on Delete button at the opened question window and then click OK.
  6. Click on Delete Files button at the next opened question window to confirm that action.
By the way, if I have no virus, what caused my internet options to suddenly change? Remember in my first post, I couldn't reach facebook and I needed to use fixit to fix my ie options?
For such kind of changes there are many reasons. When you open different websites, all of them used different utilities, plugins, ActiveX controls, etc. and your browser must react to the demands of the site. Sometimes everything is installed and ready in advance, and sometimes - not. This is a complex and living organism and not necessarily that the changes caused by an infection.
And I noticed in the DDS log that something is "corrupted" or something? What does that mean?
I think you mentioned the following line of your initial DDS log:
Code: Select all
1/29/2012 11:21:17 PM, Error: Ntfs [55] - The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume OS.

That could be a symptom of a bad disk, however that is an error often seen when a disk driver has been infected. Scans you made excluded infection reason for such error and now I recommend you to check you hard drive for errors. Please Click Here to find appropriate instructions...

Thanks,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby newjackridi » February 6th, 2012, 3:01 pm

I'm not sure if I did it right, my computer seems to have a slightly different interface than yours. I have to use different methods to get to those pages. If I go to the more options tab and press delete and I click "ok", i'm not also deleting the checked items on the other tab, am I? Because I didn't bother checking/unchecking anything.
ALSO: Is there any chance that "automatically fix file system errors" or "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" will hurt my computer? I have noticed that on this site, you guys ask for logs and rather than telling us to use the "fix" option of certain softwares. Would it be a bad idea to click either of these?
newjackridi

Unread postby pgmigg » February 6th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Hello newjackridi,
I'm not sure if I did it right, my computer seems to have a slightly different interface than yours. I have to use different methods to get to those pages. If I go to the more options tab and press delete and I click "ok", i'm not also deleting the checked items on the other tab, am I? Because I didn't bother checking/unchecking anything.
Instructions I give you are safe and the current one will be delete only items were ordered to delete if you will not touch (checking/unchecking) anything else...
Is there any chance that "automatically fix file system errors" or "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" will hurt my computer? I have noticed that on this site, you guys ask for logs and rather than telling us to use the "fix" option of certain softwares. Would it be a bad idea to click either of these?
As I wrote before, my instructions are safe and first of all, I try not to break the commandment of the any medical doctor "Do no harm!"
Nobody can guarantee anything but recommended link goes to Microsoft Support page and my opinion that they are professionals and will not give unsafe advises.

Thanks,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby newjackridi » February 7th, 2012, 1:52 am

Thank you so much for all of your help and all of your patience, pgmigg! I was convinced I had a virus, and thanks to you, I know I have nothing to worry about!
I will continue to keep an eye on the performance of my computer, and if something goes wrong, I know where to go to get quality help.
Thank you again!
newjackridi

Unread postby pgmigg » February 7th, 2012, 11:31 am

You are welcome, newjackridi! :)

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby deltalima » February 7th, 2012, 5:27 pm

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous