Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Drive 3 error

Do you have BIOS questions or issues? Want to discuss Linux or other non-Microsoft operating systems? Ask your computer related questions that don't quite fit in any other sub-forum here.

Drive 3 error

Unread postby beachlady » November 24th, 2011, 4:46 pm

i was charging a MP3 player on my computer and my 15 month yanked the cord out, i then proceeded to get a black screen on the monitor and now only have the following message Drive 3 not found : Parallel ATA, PATA-1 (PRI IDE Slave)

and the only selections available are F1 to continue, which does nothing, F2 to set up and the only option in that screen that I can understand is the option to reset to factory setting, which would not be ideal.

Does anyone have any experience in this error and suggestions on whwat to do?

Thank you.

Anita
beachlady

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Drive 3 error

Unread postby Vino Rosso » November 25th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Hello Anita

The first thing I would try is connecting the MP3 player and start the computer. If the computer starts OK, disconnect the MP3 player using the correct method.

If the computer still gives the 'drive not found' error, have a look in the BIOS to see if the main primary drive is recognised. You should be able to access the BIOS using one of the function keys.

Post back and let us know how you get on.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Vino Rosso » November 25th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Vino Rosso wrote:If the computer still gives the 'drive not found' error, have a look in the BIOS to see if the main primary drive is recognised. You should be able to access the BIOS using one of the function keys.

Oops, my next sentence is missing!

When in the BIOS also check for Drive 3 and note down what it's pointing to. If it's not the primary partition, disable drive 3 and reboot.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby beachlady » November 29th, 2011, 12:19 pm

Thank you for your advice, I tried both things, plugging in the MP3 again and also disabling drive 3. When I disable drive 3 and try to reboot, it tells me no boot device is available. Unfortunately I am not computer savvy enough to know how to tell what Drive 3 was pointing to so I just disabled it and got the message above. Thank you for your help and if you have any more please send on... I will try my best to understand the tasks that you think I should do. Anita
beachlady

Unread postby Vino Rosso » November 29th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Hello Anita

Can you please post back with the Make and Model of your computer.

Access the BIOS and post back with:
- the boot sequence, the precise description and order
- of the things listed in the boot sequence, what is shown as enabled/disabled?

Thanks
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove