Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Windows Recovery virus stopped but google redirects

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Windows Recovery virus stopped but google redirects

Unread postby migmanus » June 4th, 2011, 5:24 pm

It seems to be running okay, except obviouslyy for the 25 viruses that the scan found.
migmanus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Cypher » June 5th, 2011, 6:22 am

Hi migmanus i have some really bad news :(

Your System is infected with file infector.

A file infecting virus is able to modify itself each and every time it runs. In addition, when it infects, sometimes it will destroy the file it tries to latch onto. For these reasons, you really can't fix this infection. You will need to format/reinstall the operating system on this machine.

For more information see Here
AVG Technologies wrote:There are bugs in the viral code. When the virus produces infected files, it also creates non-functional files that also contain the virus.

For more information see Here
Network Associates wrote:W32/Virut.h is a polymorphic, entry point obscuring (EPO) file infector with IRC bot functionality. It can accept commands to download other malware on the compromised machine.

It appends to the end of the last section of executable (PE) files an encrypted copy of its code. The decryptor is polymorphic and can be located either: Immediately before the encrypted code at the end of the last section At the end of the code section of the infected host in 'slack-space' (assuming there is any)
At the original entry point of the host (overwriting the original host code)

Miekiemoes, one of our team members here and an MS-MVP, additionally >> has a blog post about Virut.

I suggest you to start backup all of your valuable data/documents/pictures/movies/songs/etc..
Do NOT backup any applications/installers and Do NOT backup any .exe/.scr/.htm/.html/.xml/.zip/.rar files...
This because these files may be infected as well. If you back them up and replace them afterwards, it will infect your computer again.

Read here for instructions how to format and reinstall Windows
: How to reformat and reinstall Windows

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby migmanus » June 5th, 2011, 7:04 am

Crap. I am bummed. I got excited after we stopped the redirects! I will read through the information that you provided. Even though we have not found a fix I really do appreciate the time and energy you have spent on my issue.
migmanus

Unread postby Cypher » June 5th, 2011, 7:17 am

Hi migmanus.
Even though we have not found a fix I really do appreciate the time and energy you have spent on my issue.

You're most welcome, sorry the news was not better.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Cypher » June 6th, 2011, 6:02 am

As the resolution of this issue requires a reformat, and there have been no further questions posted regarding that process, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link:
Donations For Malware Removal
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous