Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

google redirect problem

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

google redirect problem

Unread postby bbeeboppin » January 31st, 2011, 10:40 am

I have posted information from otc, hijack this, and others. I was asked if this computer was for business or home use. I stated that it used to be for business and will again in the future. it was used for a home business simply for the use of excel for sales calculations. This computer has not and will not be hooked up to business network and will not and has not had any customer data in it. The current use is as a home computer not on any network with the exception of wireless internet. I am sorry for this misunderstanding but am hoping you will be able to assist me.
Thank you
bbeeboppin

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: google redirect problem

Unread postby NonSuch » February 1st, 2011, 2:57 am

In your previous topic you stated that this computer is used "primarily" for home use. Primarily is not the same as exclusively. You have software on this computer that is used for business purposes. Therefore, according to forum policy, we have no option but to treat this as a business machine. This matter is not open to debate.

You should also note that entries in your previously posted HijackThis log indicate that although you are located in the United States your computer is being routed to a DNS server in the Ukraine, while your Uninstall List indicates that this machine is not receiving security updates for its operating system and, in fact, it appears that no updates have been installed since SP3. Therefore, it is not at all surprising that this machine is badly infected. Under the circumstances, this machine could benefit from a reformat and reinstallation of the operating system, along with installation of all available Critical and Important Microsoft Updates for the operating system.

As this issue involves a machine that is used for business purposes, it falls outside the scope of this forum. Therefore, this topic is now closed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator