Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Is there a system restore disk for sheep then?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Unread postby fleamailman » March 2nd, 2006, 1:28 pm

jahewi, thanks for your comments, I am unable to get to that computer today as the room is being used, but the winsysban trojan I found but its payloads has incressed since last because not wishing to stop the limewire P2P, it probably will have new infections by now which is great, wonderful, thrilling, etc.. Log to follow then.

Can someone help me again, I have seen and read lots of tutorials explainning which part of the log does what and which problems are likely to found there, but what I am "really really looking for" is an order of importance towards HJT logs, for example where do your eyes go to first, then where, and after that, etc., this is simply because a doctor coming across someones body doesn't work from head to toe but to an order of importance, I am sure that no one except newbies google from the top, sorry if it is already here somewhere on this site just link me to it.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby jahewi » March 2nd, 2006, 4:24 pm

hi Fleamailman,

I like your enthousiasm! As a MRU-freshman, you need it :D

As you say, my previous answer was a comment on your assumption that you need to test and research every possible malware-infection.
However, i think that i can't answer your questions about HijackThis and analysing logs.

I am very new, here --- just looking around, so to speak, so i really don't know if i may or may not answer your questions.

Don't get me wrong, i would like to answer, but you will have to learn to work with hijackthis in several stages.
By answering questions about things, that you will learn during your education at MRU, i could be interfering with your education.
And i don't want to do that ;)

Jan :)
jahewi
Developer
Developer

Unread postby Bob4 » March 2nd, 2006, 4:42 pm

is an order of importance towards HJT logs

When researching a log I first look for some of the basics.That won't realy apply here as you did this log yourself. Things like :
Is HJT gonna make Backups?
Is it the right version?
If XP is it up to date?
Things like this first.

Then I simply go through the entire log. From top to bottom. Twice nowadays Then if something realy nasty is found such as a password stealer I would try and deal with that first. Or certain infections that need to be dealt with before another can be cleaned.

Just my 2 pennies . :D
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby amateur » March 2nd, 2006, 4:43 pm

what I am "really really looking for" is an order of importance towards HJT logs, for example where do your eyes go to first, then where, and after that, etc.,

I do understand how overwhelming and time consuming it can be but the way I have been trained here was that I am to search every single line in the HijackThis log from top to bottom, and that's exactly what am still doing.

this is simply because a doctor coming across someones body doesn't work from head to toe but to an order of importance,

I certainly hope they do work from head to toe. I would think that you can only determine the order of importance only after you've checked everything. Believe me practice makes it perfect; if not perfect, close enough ;)

I am sure, after a while it will not be as much time consuming as it is now because you'll begin to recognise and separate the good lines from the bad ones.
amateur
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby fleamailman » March 2nd, 2006, 5:06 pm

Ok, I both respect and will go along with your oppinons here and yet part me doubts too, perhaps a bad habit on my part then, perhaps my wishing to cheat then, but thanks anyway.
fleamailman
Banned Member

Unread postby ChrisRLG » March 2nd, 2006, 7:44 pm

jahewi

Welcome to the forum - sorry did not notice you here (been a little busy at another forum for a couple of weeks) would you like access to the University.

What you can see here is but a fraction of this forum. Like the iceberg, 9/10 is below the waterline :)
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby jahewi » March 3rd, 2006, 1:11 am

ChrisRLG wrote:jahewi

Welcome to the forum - sorry did not notice you here (been a little busy at another forum for a couple of weeks) would you like access to the University.

What you can see here is but a fraction of this forum. Like the iceberg, 9/10 is below the waterline :)

Thanks, Chris! No problem :D
I'd like very much to have access to the University.

... i know what you mean with being busy ;)

Jan :)
jahewi
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to General Discussions