Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Cleaning up Antivirus8 infection

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Cleaning up Antivirus8 infection

Unread postby Iago » December 5th, 2010, 5:18 pm

What are your thoughts on installing Ubuntu instead of Windows?
Iago

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Gizzy » December 6th, 2010, 8:58 am

Hi Iago,

Ubuntu is a good operating system, It is quite a bit different from windows, But if you are comfortable with installing and using Ubuntu instead, Then that is an option.
Be aware that some of your software/hardware may not work with Ubuntu, So be sure to check that out first if you decide to switch to Ubuntu/Linux.

Otherwise if you want to keep windows there are 2 options,
  • You can contact Acer for help
  • Or we can clean up what we can but we will not guarantee that it won't still be compromised, afterwards.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Gizzy
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Iago » December 6th, 2010, 6:14 pm

I think I will contact acer or give Ubuntu a shot. I can handle it from here.

Thanks a lot.

oh and if I run a scan on my family computer, what could I look for to identify the same backdoor trojan that I have. Just in case it got into their computer from mine or vice versa.

cheers
Iago

Unread postby Gizzy » December 7th, 2010, 12:12 pm

Hi Iago, :)

You're welcome, And good luck.

This line was a sign of it,
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Update System] C:\Users\USUARIO\AppData\Roaming\lsass.exe

But like I said before, It could be different for them, So there's no guarantees it will look like that on theirs.
Gizzy
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Iago » December 8th, 2010, 6:00 pm

My brother had a Windows XP CD so im running that for the time being. Not quite running perfectly, but near enough for now.

After i installed avast antivirus, I plugged my brothers USB stick into the computer. A threat was detected and removed. BV:AutoRun-G[wrm]. autorun.inf. Is this bad? Has it got anything to do with the backdoor virus?

Also when i reformatted it only reformatted the C drive. The D drive was just as it was. I can format it manually tho. Will this be necessary? And can music and photo files be infected by malware or viruses.

Thanks
Hopefully these are the last of my questions haha
Iago

Unread postby Gizzy » December 9th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Hi Iago,

That's not part of the backdoor mentioned earlier, But the infected USB drive could have infected all computers it's been plugged into and their partitions.

If it's only data files on the D drive it's not necessary, So long as the drive with the Operating System and infection was reformatted.
It's unlikely any music or photo files were infected.
Gizzy
Retired Graduate

Unread postby NonSuch » December 13th, 2010, 1:29 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous