Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Redirected Searches- Infomash and Others

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Redirected Searches- Infomash and Others

Unread postby Gizzy » September 18th, 2010, 8:31 am

Hi Denske, :)

It needs to be ComboFix /Uninstall not ComboFix \Uninstall, With a forward slash not a backslash.
Let me know if it works this time.
Gizzy
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Denske » September 18th, 2010, 11:09 am

Gizzy,

The answer is, yes, of course it worked when I did as instructed.* Sorry about the slip-up and causing this process to require a second page. Just two more questions, then unless you want additional feedback, you can put this topic to bed.

*The ComboFix uninstall did leave behind a ComboFix folder with the program NircmdB in it. I assume I can just manually delete it without any adverse consequences (that is the first question).

Is there a forum rule or guideline about a waiting period before introducing a new topic (different computer). I have one showing some balky behavior that may not be malware related. After possibly pushing the time limits on this topic, I don't want to be a pest.

Once again, thank you for your help, and for being willing to make the effort to get training and to volunteer your time training and helping computer users. You (and your mentor) have been a great help.

Denske
Denske

Unread postby Gizzy » September 18th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Denske wrote:Sorry about the slip-up and causing this process to require a second page.
Not a problem at all.

Denske wrote:*The ComboFix uninstall did leave behind a ComboFix folder with the program NircmdB in it. I assume I can just manually delete it without any adverse consequences (that is the first question).
Yes, Manually delete the entire ComboFix folder. And also the Qoobox folder if present.

Denske wrote:Is there a forum rule or guideline about a waiting period before introducing a new topic (different computer). I have one showing some balky behavior that may not be malware related. After possibly pushing the time limits on this topic, I don't want to be a pest.
You may start a new topic for the other computer whenever you want, Once we finish with this topic.
You didn't push any time limits, And you're not being a pest, I'm happy to help.

Denske wrote:Once again, thank you for your help, and for being willing to make the effort to get training and to volunteer your time training and helping computer users. You (and your mentor) have been a great help.
You're most welcome.

Please also do the following.

Clean System Restore
Please create a new Restore Point
  1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  2. Choose the Create a restore point option then click on next
  3. You can name your restore point something like All clean then select create
  4. Once the Restore Point has been created you can click close

Since we have created a New and Clean Restore Point, I would like you to remove all the Old Restore Points as some of these are infected and if used would re-infect your computer.

To do this
  1. Click Start then click on My Computer Right Click Local Disk (C:) then select Properties
  2. Click on Disk Cleanup a box shall open scanning your files. This could take a few minutes.
  3. Once the scan is complete another window will appear. Select the More Options Tab
  4. Under System Restore select Clean up... this will remove all System Restore points except for the most recent one. The one we created earlier.
Gizzy
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Denske » September 19th, 2010, 8:10 pm

okaaay.... Got that done. What's next?

Denske
Denske

Unread postby Gizzy » September 20th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Everything looks good, so If you have no other questions, Then this topic can be closed.
Gizzy
Retired Graduate

Unread postby NonSuch » September 24th, 2010, 1:25 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!