Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Can't run Hijack This as an administrator

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Can't run Hijack This as an administrator

Unread postby brandon10 » August 22nd, 2010, 1:15 am

Hello,

I've been having some issues with my computer and ran malwarebytes. It only found a couple of things and said they were removed. While doing searches on the items it found I came across this site. I wanted to post a hijack this log, but when I can't run it as an administrator like the instructions say for vista. When I run it not as an admin I get an error saying it can't display the host files and a blank notepad doc appears. Hopefully someone can help me with this. Here is the Malwarebytes log just in case you want to see it.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4458

Windows 6.0.6000
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.17037

8/21/2010 2:46:40 PM
mbam-log-2010-08-21 (14-46-40).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 248970
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 58 minute(s), 20 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\0.24962057433451956.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\inf\image.inf (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
brandon10

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Can't run Hijack This as an administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » August 22nd, 2010, 6:21 pm

In order to run HijackThis on Vista you must download the executable file, not the installer file.

http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/ ... ckThis.exe

Create a new folder on your desktop and then drag HijackThis.exe into that new folder. Next, open the folder and right click on the HijackThis.exe file and then select "Run as administrator" from the right click menu.

From there, you should be able to scan and save a HijackThis log. Start a new topic and post your HijackThis log in the new topic.