Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Redirection when I click on search results

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Redirection when I click on search results

Unread postby deltalima » August 19th, 2010, 3:29 am

If the computer came with a recovery partition then that is OK now and can be used to return the computer to the state it was when new, that option is available now.

If however we attempt to repair the MBR that partition would still be on the disk but there would be no option to access it and so the option to recover the computer would nolonger be available so any future reinstall would need to be done from CD or DVD.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby dgebala » August 20th, 2010, 11:44 pm

I'd like to try and fix the MBR infection. Is it long and tedious process that might send me off on a wild goose chase with no guarantee of success? Or do you recommend restoring from the partition as a better route?
dgebala

Unread postby deltalima » August 21st, 2010, 8:36 am

Hi dgebala,

I'd like to try and fix the MBR infection. Is it long and tedious process that might send me off on a wild goose chase with no guarantee of success?

The process itself is straightforward however there is NO guarantee of success and if it fails it could make the computer unbootable.

This should only be attempted if you have the Install disk, a valid license key and are confident that you can reinstall Windows from that disk.

Or do you recommend restoring from the partition as a better route?

This is by far the safest method.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby dgebala » August 21st, 2010, 11:08 am

Thanks for all the information. I'll restore it from the partition.
dgebala

Unread postby deltalima » August 21st, 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi dgebala,

The re-format process will wipe the computer's hard drive clean, destroying all data and programs installed, so please make sure you back-up all data before re-formatting
the computer's hard drive. This includes address books, email accounts, documents, music, settings, saved games, and anything else not obsolete.
here is some information to help you
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourse ... ackup.mspx

Dont forget Items like Hardware Drivers, and the Key Codes and media so you can install any software that you may have installed now

Physically unplug the computer from the Internet before re-formatting.
Do not go back online untill you are protected by a hardware firewall, NAT router, or a software firewall, and have Installed a ANTIVIRUS, or you can be infected in a few seconds of going back online,
Then visit the windows updates and download install all Critical updates, keep revisting untill all are downloaded and installed.

If you are going to need help with the reformat there are some good general forums that would be able to help
Computer Trouble here: http://forum.computertrouble.co.uk/index.php
or
TechSupportGuy here : http://forums.techguy.org/21-windows-nt-2000-xp/
or
VirtualDr here: http://discussions.virtualdr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
or
PCPitStop here : http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=3
All may require you to register free before posting for help.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » August 22nd, 2010, 5:19 pm

As this issue will be resolved with a reformat, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous