Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

IEXPLORE trojan removal help needed

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: IEXPLORE trojan removal help needed

Unread postby earlycobra » July 20th, 2010, 10:38 pm

It sounds like I should probably go get an external hard drive and at least back everything up before moving on. Let me put these two things on the table real quick, could we delete Internet Explorer and not give the virus a program to run in? I have used internet explorer maybe twice in the entire 5 years I have owned this computer, I don't see anything coming up that I couldn't find a workout with. And secondly, before we reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader the virus couldn't run, but it was poping up an Internet Explorer error message every 30 seconds or so saying there was an error and it couldn't run. Just hoping maybe this will help narrow things down, maybe we can find the specific file without having to reload the whole machine.
earlycobra

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby askey127 » July 21st, 2010, 6:47 am

earlycobra,
With a Master Boot Record infection, it will run what programs it wants, and do what it pleases. It has control over your machine. It would be impossible to stop it or render it harmless just by removing IE, or something else simple.

If you save your programs on an external HD, be sure to scan the external HD with an Antivirus before you restore any of your files from it.

Be sure to save the instruction for Bootkit Remover and run it after you do any re-install to be sure the MBR is OK.
You don't want it to report this:
Size Device Name MBR Status
--------------------------------------------
55 GB \\.\PhysicalDrive0 Unknown boot code

Unknown boot code has been found on some of your physical disks.
To inspect the boot code manually, dump the master boot sector:
remover.exe dump <device_name> [output_file]
To disinfect the master boot sector, use the following command:
remover.exe fix <device_name>

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby earlycobra » July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 pm

Askey127-
I picked up a flash disk to back up my files, there are not many programs that I need that I do not have on disk or available to download). Once I get them backed up here, I will start with your instructions on the MBR fix. Thank you for your help.
earlycobra

Unread postby NonSuch » July 26th, 2010, 1:48 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous