Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Windows completely gone! PC doesn't turn on at all.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Windows completely gone! PC doesn't turn on at all.

Unread postby vasoula » July 15th, 2010, 7:18 am

Dear helpers,

Here is my situation:
I have an acer laptop with windows xp home edition. When I try to turn it on, a black screen appears saying that the file \WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM is destroyed or does not exist anymore and that I should re-install windows. Unfortunately, I'm outside of my country right now and I don't have the Windows cd with me. Is there a way to retrieve windows?

note: I was never using p2p programs until about a week ago! I installed uTorrent... :( And now this happens! Any suggestions?

Obviously, I can't give you a highjackthis log as I can't even turn the machine on.

Thanks a lot,
Vasoula
vasoula

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Windows completely gone! PC doesn't turn on at all.

Unread postby NonSuch » July 16th, 2010, 3:21 am

This is not a job for an online help forum.

You're out of the country and you don't have your Windows disk with you. You should wait until you're home, and then reinstall Windows.

Resist the temptation to have someone install Windows for you in the country you're visiting. You would end up with a version of Windows that is for the country you're visiting and not the same version as that for your own country. That would present an entirely new set of problems and you would not be happy with the end result.

As hard as it may seem, be patient and wait until you're back in your own country and have access to your own Windows disk.

As the resolution of this issue requires a reformat this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link:
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator