Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

What are some other good malware programs?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

What are some other good malware programs?

Unread postby iowabucks » May 13th, 2010, 11:29 pm

A couple years ago i had my computer crippled by some kind of virus. I barely saved it by restoring a copy of my registry. I still needed plenty of help, which i got here, and it took almost a week before i had it back up to speed. For that, i am thankful to you all.

Now, i run a few programs monthly, as i did before. First i run CCleaner, then a registry defrag. I have Spyware Blaster and Super Ad Blocker always running. I will then run Windows Defender. Asquared free and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are next. Then a virus check from my AVG antivirus. After all that, i run a disk defrag. Some of these programs do have certain features turned off to keep them from being too invasive. But i like to think i'm doing a good job keeping everything clean.

I do alot of surfing the net and gaming, which sometimes has alot of downloads. But 9 times out of 10 my cleaning finds nothing more than cookies. So i am happy. But i always wonder if there are any good "free" programs out there i should be using to cover anything i might be missing.

Does my list sound good to you, and what other good programs are out there to take up the slack from what my programs are not finding? Do i run too many already? I feel like i need another. I run Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Thanks, Jerry.
iowabucks

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: What are some other good malware programs?

Unread postby Sludge3000 » May 14th, 2010, 5:55 am

Hello iowabucks,

You have a pretty good selection of protection there.

Registry Cleaner
While CCleaner can be used for clearing out temporary files etc it appears you are using it's registry cleaning features. Generally registry cleaners or optimizers cause more problems than they solve and can create unexplained issues with your machine. Feel free to keep CCleaner for it's file cleaning features but try to avoid the registry features.

No 3rd party firewall
You haven't listed a firewall as being used on your machine. If you do have one then that is okay if not you should select one from the list below.

If you are using the built-in Windows XP firewall it is not recommended as it does not block outgoing connections. This means that any malware on your computer is free to phone home for more instructions. Simply put Windows XP contains a mediocre firewall. This firewall is NO replacement for a dedicated software solution. Remember to use only one firewall at the same time.

• Online-Armor Free
  • Comodo (This comes bundled with AntiVirus software, toolbar and search provider. If you choose to install the Comodo firewall you should install ONLY the firewall and uncheck the aditional features)
  • PC Tools

WinPatrol
Download it from Here
WinPatrol © BillP Studios is a robust security monitor, which monitors your systems critical information and alerts you to any changes that you may not normally be aware of. Information on WinPatrol's features can be found Here.
Sludge3000

Return to General Discussions