Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Unable to access most security web sites to update security

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Unable to access most security web sites to update security

Unread postby jmc » April 6th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Hi:

First, let me thank you for guiding me through all the actions necessary to get rid of the DNS problem. I recognize that I just executed the steps, but I feel that I did learn a few items while getting out of this issue. Thank You.

I saved the command and dropped into ComboFix. It ran very quickly and the log is attached. I assume that this action was to take a certain file out of quarantine. Am I correct? What function does this file enable?

As this is my first time using a forum for assistance, I assume that switching to another forum for the ultimate and complete resolution of the problem is normal. I just want to validate that even though this searching and disk issue were not present until after a portion of the repairs were applied in the DNS resolution.

Do I need to somehow reference this post in the other one?

Again thanks for all the assistance,

John/jmc

logs:

c:\qoobox\quarantine\c\windows\AppPatch\AcAdProc.dll.vir -> c:\windows\AppPatch\AcAdProc.dll ( 39424 bytes )
jmc

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Blade81 » April 6th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Hello,

I assume that this action was to take a certain file out of quarantine. Am I correct? What function does this file enable?

Correct, the file is Windows own file and was falsely detected bad and removed.

As this is my first time using a forum for assistance, I assume that switching to another forum for the ultimate and complete resolution of the problem is normal. I just want to validate that even though this searching and disk issue were not present until after a portion of the repairs were applied in the DNS resolution.

Do I need to somehow reference this post in the other one?
The remaining issue isn't malware related and since we deal with malware issues here only that's why I'm asking you to create a topic at more suitable forum. We guide people to more suitable forum if it appears that malware isn't a problem. You may refer to this topic.

Let's remove some of the tools we used.

Now lets uninstall ComboFix:
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now copy-paste Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK

Please download OTC and save it to desktop.
  • Double-click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the
    Begin cleanup Process?
    prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

Reboot (if not asked by OTC) and see if the flashlight issue still appears. If it does post at WhatTheTech forum. Good luck with the case :)
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » April 10th, 2010, 1:55 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Previous