Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Computer freezes with every click...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Computer freezes with every click...

Unread postby xyonist » March 27th, 2010, 8:20 am

mbam-log-2010-03-26 (18-20-49).txt:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3510
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

3/26/2010 6:20:49 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-26 (18-20-49).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 119743
Time elapsed: 16 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Kaspersky.txt:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Saturday, March 27, 2010 00:55:59
Records in database: 3879540
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan statistics:
Objects scanned: 123408
Threats found: 1
Infected objects found: 2
Suspicious objects found: 0
Scan duration: 04:17:34

File name / Threat / Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Local Settings\Application Data\bdxkdp\dprxsftav.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.FraudPack.anrh 1
C:\HelpAsst_backup\C\DOCUME~1\HELPAS~1\Local Settings\Application Data\bdxkdp\dprxsftav.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.FraudPack.anrh 1

Selected area has been scanned.
xyonist

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby gringo_pr » March 27th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Hello

please do the following and let me have the log it makes. (we are getting close)

:Run CFScript:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:

Code: Select all
Folder::
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Local Settings\Application Data\bdxkdp
C:\HelpAsst_backup

Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
This will let ComboFix run again.
Restart if you have to.
Save the produced logfile to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

gringo
gringo_pr
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread postby xyonist » March 29th, 2010, 5:13 pm

gringo_pr wrote:Hello

please do the following and let me have the log it makes. (we are getting close)

:Run CFScript:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:

Code: Select all
Folder::
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Local Settings\Application Data\bdxkdp
C:\HelpAsst_backup

Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
This will let ComboFix run again.
Restart if you have to.
Save the produced logfile to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

gringo

How do I get ComboFix.exe onto my desktop? I haven't downloaded that program yet.
xyonist

Unread postby gringo_pr » March 29th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Greetings

How do I get ComboFix.exe onto my desktop? I haven't downloaded that program yet.- very sorry you are correct, please do the following and please let me know how the computer is doing now - it won't make a log just let me know about the computer

click Start>Run and type the following bolded command, then hit Enter.

helpasst -cleanup

Make sure you leave a space between helpasst and -cleanup !

gringo
gringo_pr
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread postby xyonist » March 30th, 2010, 4:28 pm

My computer has been running A LOT faster since running the HelpAsst_mebroot_fix.exe program. No troubles when opening Firefox like there was before. Web pages load in seconds again as opposed to minutes. The unsecured phishing page that would always appear whenever I tried to access my bank account online is gone as well. I can't say enough good things about the help you've provided!
xyonist

Unread postby gringo_pr » March 30th, 2010, 8:11 pm

This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware ;)- Please let me know if you still are having problems with your computer and what these problems are.

The following procedure will implement some cleanup procedures. It will also reset your System Restore by flushing out previous restore points and create a new restore point.

:remove tools:
    Let's clear out the programmes we've been using to clean up your computer, they are not suitable for general malware removal and could cause damage if used inappropriately.

Please download OTCleanIt and save it to desktop. This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
    • Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
    • Click the CleanUp! button.
    • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
    • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
    • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
    Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTCleanIt attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

:Set correct settings for files:
  • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
  • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • If unchecked please check Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
  • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
  • Click OK

:clear system restore points:
    This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
    • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
    • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
    • choose your root drive (normally C:)
    • after it calculates how much space you will save it will open up a new window
    • Select the More options tab at the top of the window
    • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
    • go back to the disk clean up tab
    • put a checkmark in all - except compress old files (leave this unchecked)
    • click Ok then click yes
    This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created and clean unneeded files
:Make your Internet Explorer more secure:

:Turn On Automatic Updates:

Turn On Automatic Updates
    1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
    2. Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them

If you click this setting, click to select the day and time for scheduled updates to occur. You can schedule Automatic Updates for any time of day. Remember, your computer must be on at the scheduled time for updates to be installed. After you set this option, Windows recognizes when you are online and uses your Internet connection to find updates on the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site that apply to your computer. Updates are downloaded automatically in the background, and you are not notified or interrupted during this process. An icon appears in the notification area of your taskbar when the updates are being downloaded. You can point to the icon to view the download status. To pause or to resume the download, right-click the icon, and then click Pause or Resume. When the download is completed, another message appears in the notification area so that you can review the updates that are scheduled for installation. If you choose not to install at that time, Windows starts the installation on your set schedule.

or visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

:antispyware programs:
    you have a couple of good antispyware programs on this computer but you still can try some of these others to see if you like them also

I would reccomend the download and installation of some or all of the following programs (all free), and the updating of them regularly:
    • WinPatrol As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.

• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is
      totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee.
    • Spyware Blaster - By altering your registry, this program stops harmful sites from installing things like ActiveX Controls on your machines.

please read this great article by miekiemoes How to prevent Malware:
and
this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First Place

Now you have followed my advice - it's time to lodge a complaint against what you have suffered.........

Malware Complaints
If you were infected .... Stand Up and be Counted.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can then be closed.

Gringo
gringo_pr
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread postby xyonist » March 31st, 2010, 8:10 pm

I have read your reply and followed the procedures. Thank you once again for your assistance, gringo. I will be making a small donation to malwareremoval.com in the near future!
xyonist

Unread postby Dakeyras » April 1st, 2010, 3:38 pm

As this topic is resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous